User
Pass
2FA

Game won't start

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1170
Bebzon123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-05-2021 16:55)

Post Posted: 15-05-2021, 20:16:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello

I dowloaded the game using the 1st method, the torrent one. When I open launcher_freakz.exe the cmd pops up, then it goes to language and server selection and after that nothing happens, the task manager says that launcher_freakz.exe and World of Warcraft are running with the WOW proccess eating up about 35% of my CPU and 330mb of my memory (I don't know if that's important). It said on the FAQ section that this is fine and I should wait some time, but it's been solid 2 hours and nothing happened. So I checked some forum posts and discord server for some possible solutions but they didn't work.

I ticked off the read-only in the entire folder, and made sure it applied to the files,

Made sure I have both VC_redist.x64 thingy and .net framework,

Made an exclusion for the whole downloaded folder in windows defender,

Created an exception for Launcher_freakz.exe and World of Warcraft in the firewall,

Made both Launcher_Freakz.exe and Freakz_837.exe run as administrator by default,

And I moved the whole folder to my system partition because I read in some post that it may work.

As I said none of these solutions worked, hence why I seek help here. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

0 0

Skye

[Administrator]

(online 4 hours ago)

Votes: 76

Post Posted: 17-05-2021, 07:25:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Was this solved yet? If not, download the launcher again from here (Method 2).

Paste it into your WoW folder and run the launcher. Make sure there are no other instances of the launcher / WoW running in the background and do not open the launcher multiple times.

0 0

Bebzon123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-05-2021, 22:13:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Unfortunately it didn't work. the launcher was running for the whole day, night and the next day too. during the day I was using the laptop as per usual, didn't see any drop in performance even tho the task manager said that WoW is taking a third of my CPU.

Just a thought but can the problem be caused by my SSD? The game worked just fine when I was using my old HDD, when it broke I changed the SSD and had the problem ever since. I mean I don't think it is the problem but I'm no expert

Last edited by Bebzon123 on 23-05-2021, 21:10:57; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Bebzon123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-05-2021, 12:15:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

SOLVED.

I literally had an outdated GPU Driver. I'm such an idiot XD

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Skye, 28 June 2021 05:04

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 05-05-2024, 22:41:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x