User
Pass
2FA

[Hunter][spell] Misdirection internal cooldown

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents
Author Message3101
tequilla02

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-09-2019 13:07)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 03-07-2016, 18:41:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=34477&&name=misdirection
Bug description: The actual cooldown of misdirection is 45 secc instead of 30 sec. So what is happening: when u use md on tank, or pet, or other players and after u atack the md cooldown should be 30 sec as soon as your first atack lands a hit, but the actual cooldown here it seems to be 45 sec. this was postedd here https://forum.wow-freakz.com/view-post-4585814.html?highlight=misdirection and rejected proly cause he didn't explain it right.
Proof: http://imgur.com/a/RQs3H

0 0

Starsene

[Bone Fletcher]

(since 21-04-2022 01:09)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 20-07-2016, 19:20:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You're not explaining it right either
Its 50seconds because the cd on misdirection starts after the innitial buff(id = 34477) expires from your target. Its supposed to be like this except the buff on the target should be replaced with the one that you get on yourself that is indicating you're transferring threat (id= 35079) which only lasts for 5 seconds, then the cd starts. When you use misdirection it should stay grayed out until you attack something and not show as if its cooldown is going down.
However if you have glyph of misdirection on then misdirection works fine as it should except the glyph itself (reseting the cd when you use it on your pet) isn't working

0 0

tequilla02

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 21-07-2016, 21:32:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Seems you didn't understand what I said. I'm not talking about the 20 sec window that u can use md, or that together the thimer is 50 sec. I said that the actual internal cd timer since ur first atack lands a hit till you will be able to use it again is 45 sec instead of 30 sec as normal should be. So it goes like this: you use md and have 20 sec window in wich at ur first landing hit the actual internal cd of md, wich should be 30 sec, starts and from that point the timer works right it shows 30 sec, after those 30 sec have pased(the actual internal cd of md) you should be able to use it again, but you can't since the internal cd now is higher than that 45 sec. That is what i said but seems that you didn't get it.
0 0

madau

[the Insane]

(since 11-11-2021 17:01)

Votes: 97

Post Posted: 05-08-2016, 01:52:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

this is not happening. You must have something in your missdirect macro that brings you that error

Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand,
Blood and revenge are hammering in my head.

0 0

tequilla02

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-08-2016, 16:28:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Right now my macro is at fault:). Here is the macro btw: #showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] Misdirection
and i can asure you is not the macro. Next thing to say is that my char is bugged:D. And another thing, even if i use the spell directly from spell book same thing happens. Like i said md internal cd is not 30 sec as it suposed to be, for me at least is 45 sec.

0 0

alleex

[Master Race]

(since 13-11-2022 12:43)

Votes: 20

Post Posted: 07-08-2016, 17:09:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tequilla02 wrote:
Right now my macro is at fault:). Here is the macro btw: #showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] Misdirection
and i can asure you is not the macro. Next thing to say is that my char is bugged:D. And another thing, even if i use the spell directly from spell book same thing happens. Like i said md internal cd is not 30 sec as it suposed to be, for me at least is 45 sec.

I have the same problem, I keep the tank in focus and I cast misdirect on him, after 30 sec if I try again it says that the spell is not ready yet even if I have no cooldown

0 0

tequilla02

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-08-2016, 18:17:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok, i was a bit off whit the bug, the internal cd of md is at should be 30 sec and not 45 sec, but how the bug works is like this: when you use md u got a window of 20 sec in wich the actual md can be triggered and this timer of the window is making the actual bug of cd on md. The game is calculating time remaining from that window since the moment of md got triggered + the actual timer of md(internal cd) 30 sec, so if the md got triggered after 5 sec from the window the game will calculate 15 sec(time remaining from window wich is 20sec) + 30 sec (internal cd of md) = 45 sec cd and it shouldnt work like this. The cd of md should reset after 30 sec(internal cd of md) after md got triggered and not calculate time remaining from that window in wich md can proc + the actual cd of md 30 sec.
0 0

Starsene

[Bone Fletcher]

(since 21-04-2022 01:09)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 08-08-2016, 01:54:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tequilla02 wrote:
Ok, i was a bit off whit the bug, the internal cd of md is at should be 30 sec and not 45 sec, but how the bug works is like this: when you use md u got a window of 20 sec in wich the actual md can be triggered and this timer of the window is making the actual bug of cd on md. The game is calculating time remaining from that window since the moment of md got triggered + the actual timer of md(internal cd) 30 sec, so if the md got triggered after 5 sec from the window the game will calculate 15 sec(time remaining from window wich is 20sec) + 30 sec (internal cd of md) = 45 sec cd and it shouldnt work like this. The cd of md should reset after 30 sec(internal cd of md) after md got triggered and not calculate time remaining from that window in wich md can proc + the actual cd of md 30 sec.

Still don't get what is so hard for you to grasp about this. The only thing misdirection checks for at the moment is the buff on your TARGET, when it expires it STARTS the cooldown on misdirection and this video which I just made will show you exactly what happens
https://youtube.com/watch?v=lGSKiQHOqRU:

I use MD on my pet => both me and the pet get MD buffs => I attack (the bug starts here), cooldown does NOT start because the pet still has the MD buff as if I never attacked at all => MD buff expires off my pet, 30 second cd of misdirection starts NOW while my misdirection counts down the cd visualy (should be grayed when i use it until I attack something and both me and my pet lose the MD buff and get it replaced with the "transfering threat" one) => 30 seconds pass MD is usable again

0 0

tequilla02

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 08-08-2016, 14:24:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It doesnt matter if ur pet atack or not, ur threat is dumped in the moment your first atack land a hit on target. At first i thought the internal cd of md is bugged but it isn't , all it does its count both the time remaining from that window in wich your md can trigger and the actual internal of md wich is 30 sec and it shouldn't be like that. Try to atack in the last moment of your window is about to expire (18-19 sec) and you will see that u can use the md in the 30 sec as it should be. So all that its neded to be fixed is the formula of md cd, wich at the moment takes in consideration the time from that window in wich md can be triggered.
0 0

madau

[the Insane]

(since 11-11-2021 17:01)

Votes: 97

Post Posted: 23-08-2016, 23:42:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

confirmed.

Misdirection cd starts visually when you start transferring the threat but the real cd starts after the buff expires on the target of misdirection.
So, if you start attacking when you still have 18 seconds of the buff on you than the visual cd will start but you will be able to use again misdirection after 18 seconds since the cd reached 0.

Misdirection is the buff that the hunter gets when he starts attacking (replacing Misdirection) but the target of misdirection doesnt receive such a buff and still counts down the Misdirection buff.

This will solve the glyph of misdirection bug too.

Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand,
Blood and revenge are hammering in my head.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by madau, 23 August 2016 21:42

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents  

The time now is 20-04-2024, 01:38:29
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x