User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Monk] Roll & Chi Torpedo distance

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs
Author Message768
Pinkie

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-12-2021 01:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 06-01-2021, 02:18:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=109132 & https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=115008
Character name: Pinkiedrincc
Bug description: Both of these spells seem to have a very random & wonky distance that they move the player, sometimes it is very short and sometimes the player is lost in infinity
Proof: Since I have access to ptr I have done my testing there

To make sure we are getting accurate results I will:
-Find a nice flat open space (I picked Shrine of Two Moons, we can know it's flat if both the 3D and 2D distance to our npc is the same)
-Find an npc and .go creature to it
-Roll from an npc and use the .distance command to the npc

This will give us an accurate distance measurement of our roll/chi torpedo
I have repeat this 5 times for both Roll and Chi Torpedo
Note, my ping is ~50 and fairly stable (as in, during time of testing, it has not changed from 49)

Roll seems to range from 7 to 10 yards (though I have gotten 5 yard rolls so I guess it really varies wildly)
Chi Torpedo seems a lot more stable though still wonky (have seen both smaller and larger values than presented but was unable to replicate due to laziness)
Chat screenshot gallery for the above

In closing, (allegedly) the way these spells work is apply (or force) a set movement speed to the player and move them in a direction for a set amount of time, with that in mind I think there's no discussion whether the roll distance should or should not be random

Edit:
Running some background download to hopefully bog down the network had me at 75ms and my chi torpedo went... A little farther
Running Net Limiter and starving the client of network I managed to get my ping way over 5000 and the torpedo went and went and.... boy did it go
Though this is the best I could do the results are shown most apparent when the ping suddenly spikes before or during the roll (speculation) so my example above is not fully applicable but still stands to show more lag = farther rolls (which I do not actually know whose fault it is but I'm sure it could be weaponized by some serious tryharding)
Be it as it may, roll distance is directly correlated ping (such is my theory)

Update:
I've found this card from a related/exact issue that was fixed but uhh...
https://trello.com/c/DNxY7UVt/177-monkall-roll-chi-torpedo
Still seems broken?

Last edited by Pinkie on 06-01-2021, 03:05:29; edited 4 times in total
1 0

T_M

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-02-2021 22:38)

Post Posted: 06-01-2021, 03:27:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not sure if this has any influence on distance or speed, but Roll animation is wrong.
0 0

Pinkie

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-12-2021 01:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 06-01-2021, 03:56:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

T_M wrote:
Not sure if this has any influence on distance or speed, but Roll animation is wrong.

How is the animation wrong? My monk is rolling as it did back in mop, idk if it was updated or something or maybe I'm missing something?

0 0

zeakey

[Class Mod]

(since 18-08-2023 15:08)

Votes: 16

Post Posted: 06-01-2021, 10:15:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

T_M wrote:

Animation actually got fixed. Used to have roll backwards animation when rolling forward.

As for other concerns. I've been informed that distance stability was an issue of a hardware however since this can be actually exploitable in a way with custom letancy macros I will try to push this report once again. I will ask pinky to assist me due to how well he is with lag simulation ;D

Reworked trello:

https://trello.com/c/DNxY7UVt/177-monkall-roll-chi-torpedo

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by k0s, 25 October 2021 08:21

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 17:56:47
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x