User
Pass
2FA

[Mythic+] making high keys more competitive (Tournament?)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash

What would you like?
Mythic+ Tournament
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Mythic+ Seasons
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
I want both
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message1747
Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 13-04-2018, 17:23:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello,
maybe some of you might know that my m+ team with fker, plaguesynth, maxwell and grotesque is leading the ladders since months.
Just recently we did a new server record with hov +31 upgrade, but in the end nobody cared (which is ok, we get nothing from it anyway).

We do this keys to challenge ourself, to see how far we can go with our insane gear.
It is just a little sad to see that almost nobody is motivated to also do this intense challenge.

Making high keys more competitive:
So we all thought how can high keys be more tempting for everyone.
Therfore I came up with 2 different suggestions.

Tournament:
The first one is by hosting a tournament for people that reached a certain personal best key in any dungeon.
For example mythic 27 or 28 as requirement would be good values right now.
To participate people just look if they meet the requirement, form a team and sign up with it.

How this tournament could look like is the next question.
Idea 1:
I can think of something similar to the retail one with 2 teams racing against each other, but this requires a lot of planning, advertising and a good schedule.
Idea 2:
Something easier to host would be a tournament week in which every team has to beat a certain set of keys in order (e.g lvl 20,21,22,...30).
The team beating the highest key wins (if multiple reach the same key the better time wins).
That way you can make it independant from time and every team can come when they want (in a certain window).
You simply check-in, get your key and check-out to get the next one after completing it.

Fairness:
All in all you want such a tournament to be fair for all participants.
A suggestion to this would be a seperate tournament realm where each team gets 929 chars with food, flask, pots,... provided.
To not make this a mess every team writes a character list with the gear they need, which will be provided.
Or you simply copy/paste the chars there and give them food/flasks/pots and they have to deal with ilvl difference.

Reward:
I don't know how you wanna reward this whole tournament, what i can think of is one of these points:
- Mount/pet/title of choice (not so tempting)
- 1-100 blood of sargersas depending on rank (very tempting)
- A small sum of money (everyone wants it)

Keys:
It would be good if the keys during the tournament are challeging but not frustrating. In general we always do teeming-skit/ov keys, which tend to be the easiest.
Of course it would be interesting to see other affixes like sanguine or volcanic too (which are really easy if managed correct).
In the low 20 area even bolstering/necrotic are doable but at a certain level these are just frustrating and could ruin the whole tournament.
For example racing with a lvl 30 cos bolster necro key and see both teams wipe for 3 hours might be boring xD.
Maybe you can random generate a list of keys and release it so people can discuss which one of them are doable/not doable.

Seasons:
The second suggestion I have are keystone seasons like the pvp seasons work.
Every 2-3 month the current highest key in every dungeon gets a reward (for teams/people with multiple first places a bigger reward).

This has a good and a bad consequence.
Good is more people have the opportunity to become rank 1 in the keystone ladder (due to reseting it).
The bad one is that the effort we put into pushing our keys over 31 is all deleted (believe me you can compare this to raid progress how long we spent there)
A fair solution would be to make seperate ladders for overall best keys and seasonal best keys.

Conclusion:
Maybe you even can even put both plans into action and host a tournament at the end of season.
The first time organizing something new might be very time consuming but from then on its basically just copy-paste^^.

Finallly I say thank you for implementing the keystone ladders, which where atleast for us motivating enough to spend hours of redoing keys only to be on a list 90% of the server never looked at...
I think this also helps the server to get an even better reputation and more players, because why not play on a server that even hosts m+ tournaments?

UPDATE: I added a poll to this topic so we have an overview of how many people are interested. Just don't vote if you don't like this ideas.

5 0

zbaam

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-07-2019 13:20)

Votes: 38

Post Posted: 14-04-2018, 13:58:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This doesn't seem a Smart ideea, Why?glad You asked! Too many explioits And other ways to cheat. That i am certain You already know-how them.
0 1

cKo123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-09-2022 19:26)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 14-04-2018, 16:59:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

zbaam wrote:
This doesn't seem a Smart ideea, Why?glad You asked! Too many explioits And other ways to cheat. That i am certain You already know-how them.

Well if you are already looking this far into the idea, then couldn't this problem be fixed by simply having a GM do a follow up on a group that is running the dungeon? I'm pretty sure that's how it would be anyways due to all regularities if this idea turns into something more serious.

0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 14-04-2018, 18:21:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Of course I am aware that there might be some exploits, but personaly I see no joy in using bugs to achieve something.
That's also the reason we recorded and uploaded our highest keys, so you guys can see we ain't doing shit xD.

Neltharion +30 - 1 chest:

Arcway +29 - 1 chest:

Halls of Valor +31 - 1 chest:

From another perspective might more competition or even a tournament encourage to fix all possible exploits.

Anyway this ideas are not for my team or me, all of us are raiding in guilds too where we can measure ourself against other guilds.
This is for you guys who can't do nighthold mythic and hunt for first kills.
Many well geared players are in smaller guilds, doing keys because it's fun and you need only 5 people and not 20.
I really think there might come more people to this server if we have a nice competitive mythic+ system.
Participating in the MDI (Mythic Dungeon Invitational) on retail is only possible for a handful of people, the rest can only watch.
It's a big sign for all these people who don't like raiding but love mythic+ to join our server -.

1 0

maxwell

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-11-2022 22:45)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 14-04-2018, 18:26:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

zbaam wrote:

We record all our runs and post them on YouTube on my channel. Try to think about how much good this could do, we will have something on the PVE side where we can always compete in small numbers, not like in raids where you need 20+ ppl to do so.I personally think this could be a healthy thing for the server and could make it more popular and fun for players.

2 0

bakuryuha
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 10-04-2020 07:37)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 15-04-2018, 09:37:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

maxwell wrote:
zbaam wrote:

We record all our runs and post them on YouTube on my channel. Try to think about how much good this could do, we will have something on the PVE side where we can always compete in small numbers, not like in raids where you need 20+ ppl to do so.I personally think this could be a healthy thing for the server and could make it more popular and fun for players.

i am not arguing here dude , i am just expressing my opinion . try to learn the difference between these two things.

0 0

Zgary

[EPURY]

(since 08-10-2021 10:07)

Votes: 28

zgary40 
Post Posted: 16-04-2018, 12:04:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

my suggestion is to wait for mythic+ karazahn, fix it entirely and that's it.. you gotta have a perfect running dungeon (or close to perfect) but even though it is doing this .. gear will talk .. ofc it talks on retail too but there u can't get all of your BiS items instantly and people who are playing more are winning ofc -

League of Legends Player
0 0

Zgary

[EPURY]

(since 08-10-2021 10:07)

Votes: 28

zgary40 
Post Posted: 17-04-2018, 11:23:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

not to mention adds casting while silenced / exploits which sometimes help you sometimes are incredibly annoying / permanent combat bug happening random (that means u can't equip and unequip items and reset potion time) that's just a small part.. personally i wouldn't try joining a group even if they give 929 chars as winning prize.. not worth too much headache

League of Legends Player
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 20-04-2024, 00:22:32
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x