User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] Frost mage double ice lance in Flurry Winter's Chill lasts too long

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs
Author Message1358
Don.LukyaNo

[SiegeBreaker]

(since 10-11-2022 09:13)

Votes: 27

Post Posted: 10-05-2021, 21:13:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=228358&&name=winter-s-chill
Character name:Aokyji
Bug description: The Winter's Chill debuff from flurry proc lasts way too much thus giving you the ability to get 2 ice lances at somewhat high lvl haste 30%-60% or so.So on freakz when you cast a flurry proc you get one application of Winter's Chill and then after one second you get another 2 instead of getting all 3 of them in a fast succesion like it should be.The 3 Winter's Chill instances from flurry proc are delayed thus allowing the use of 2 fast ice lances.
This has nothing to do with Server Delay whatsoever The Winter's Chill debuff from Flurry just lasts way too long.This is the bug.It's very simple to observe.
Proof: https://imgur.com/a/Simd4X0 If you look closely at my video even tho is laggy the brain freeze debuff lasts like 2 seconds and it's double applied and if you compare it to the videos below you can see that Winter's Chill lasts like sub 1 second not giving you time to cast more than one ice lance even with 100% haste because after 1 gcd the debuff just goes away.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=F5PS7CJmUAM:

Look how little time Winter's Chill from flurry proc lasts on the bosses.So little and then Go and test on freakz and compare that duration.It's not even close.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=4TP669zd4hk&t=830:

No mention about double ice lance whatsoever.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=bcDXAyTebhI:

Does not use any double ice lance even when in close range In these 3 videos no double ice lance whatsoever was ever thrown.
!!!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=w-LtxR3zXqE:

There you go i have found a video of 8.3 when someone does multiple double ice lance attempts from melee range and 10 yards and he gets nothing out of it.
10:18-10:22 He gets a brain freeze and then blinks at point blank range where double ice lance should work right?Wrong!!!He gets a big ice lance first and hits for 95176 and then he does a 23031 non crit ice lance which is useless.
17:19-17:21 He does a brain freeze and double Ice lance.One lance does 89450 damage and the second one does 29818 which is exactly a third of the initial one
Watch these in 0.25 speed to get a better idea of what's up.

Do not worry tho double ice lance will be back in Shadowlands!
https://www.wowhead.com/news/frost-mage-rotational-problems-in-shadowlands-cancel-20-of-frostbolts-for-max-318899?page=2 To paraphrase "Blizzard changed the way Brain Freeze works in the Shadowlands pre-patch - the only change to the spec in the expansion - turning Winter's Chill into a long-lasting stacking debuff, rather than a very short debuff affecting all spells.

The effect was to enable double Ice Lance by default for Frost, and we can be 95% sure this is the intended behaviour as that's how it functions in the live pre-patch. This (presumably) bug either returns Frost to the Shattered Frostbolt/single Ice Lance play of BfA, which seems to totally negate the idea of the change - or to encourage cancelling Frostbolt casts for more Ice Lances, which is more damage but also counter-intuitive and degenerate."

Last edited by Don.LukyaNo on 10-05-2021, 22:51:31; edited 12 times in total
1 0

Ayro

[Jobless]

(since 18-01-2023 22:31)

Votes: 33

Post Posted: 11-05-2021, 13:14:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Don.LukyaNo wrote:
WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=228358&&name=winter-s-chill
Character name:Aokyji
Bug description: The Winter's Chill debuff from flurry proc lasts way too much thus giving you the ability to get 2 ice lances at somewhat high lvl haste 30%-60% or so.So on freakz when you cast a flurry proc you get one application of Winter's Chill and then after one second you get another 2 instead of getting all 3 of them in a fast succesion like it should be.The 3 Winter's Chill instances from flurry proc are delayed thus allowing the use of 2 fast ice lances.
This has nothing to do with Server Delay whatsoever The Winter's Chill debuff from Flurry just lasts way too long.This is the bug.It's very simple to observe.
Proof:
Spoiler:

Hi,

Please refer to: https://www.wowhead.com/news/frost-mage-state-on-the-shadowlands-alpha-winters-chill-talents-covenant-316585

Alternatively I have selected the line we are all interested in and have uploaded it on imgur:

https://i.imgur.com/nfS9N4b.png

Furthermore to the topic, what seems to actually be wrong with Frost mage is the Timewarp Haste gain, as it can be seen in the following screenshot (I get 20% more than I should) unless it is multiplicative and not additive and works as intended:
Spoiler:

Edit: The haste from haste effects is additive and not multiplicative like it should be.

We all pay eventually

Last edited by Ayro on 11-05-2021, 23:57:13; edited 5 times in total
1 0

Don.LukyaNo

[SiegeBreaker]

Post Posted: 11-05-2021, 16:22:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What i am trying to say is that winter'chill debuff from flurry proc lasts about twice as long on freakz compared to any BFA patch winter chill.Again i say watch freakz duration and blizz duration of WC on the target on the 8.3 videos i posted and You have your answer why u can get 2 lances even without time warp.you just have enough time casting 2 with 30 haste or so dare i say(and that is not an "extremely amount of haste").So those extra procs that you're talking about should only be able from point blank melee range with 100% haste which is not gonna happen in most raids or at least not worth taking the risk for one extra lance.My point still stands that Winter Chill lasts about twice on freakz compared to blizz and that can be easily tested and proved right so that should get fixed and nothing else which is the duration of the debuff.Peace!

Last edited by Don.LukyaNo on 11-05-2021, 19:32:17; edited 3 times in total
0 0

Ayro

[Jobless]

Post Posted: 11-05-2021, 19:32:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Don.LukyaNo wrote:
What i am trying to say is that winter'chill debuff from flurry proc lasts about twice as long on freakz compared to any BFA patch winter chill.Forget about SL because there is a rework in winter chill so it works different there and has nothing to do with how WC should work in BFA.Again i say watch freakz duration and blizz duration of WC on the target on the 8.3 videos i posted and You have your answer why u can get 2 lances even without time warp.you just have enough time casting 2 with 30 haste or so dare i say.

Hey man, I don't think you have clicked on the screenshot or the link that I have posted above.

It refers to how "Winter's Chill" used to work in BFA.

Regardless of the duration being bugged or not, double Icelance was possible in BFA.

You may be right with your second statement. You should not be able to double IL while only having Icy Veins on you, however I doubt you can do it consistently on Freakz (unless you have triple Overwhelming Power, and it procs, giving you 30% additional haste).

Regarding your previous topic, it was possible during legion too: Youtube Link

We all pay eventually
0 0

Don.LukyaNo

[SiegeBreaker]

Post Posted: 11-05-2021, 19:36:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

skilzz139 wrote:
Don.LukyaNo wrote:
What i am trying to say is that winter'chill debuff from flurry proc lasts about twice as long on freakz compared to any BFA patch winter chill.Forget about SL because there is a rework in winter chill so it works different there and has nothing to do with how WC should work in BFA.Again i say watch freakz duration and blizz duration of WC on the target on the 8.3 videos i posted and You have your answer why u can get 2 lances even without time warp.you just have enough time casting 2 with 30 haste or so dare i say.

Hey man, I don't think you have clicked on the screenshot or the link that I have posted above.

Regardless of the duration being bugged or not, double Icelance was possible in BFA.

You may be right with your second statement. You should not be able to double IL while only having Icy Veins on you, however I doubt you can do it consistently on Freakz (unless you have triple Overwhelming Power, and it procs, giving you 30% additional haste).

I just want this winter chill effect duration fixed as the Blizz Bfa one was then you see how easy or hard it is to get another IL proc and see if it's worth ir or not because untill then saying it's possible means nothing because right now u can use it at 40 yards range with an ice veins on you very easily without using any of those blizz schaenanigans with blink in point blank range or having 100% haste(timewarp phase).
Can people agree Winter chill duration lasts a lot longer than BFA here or are we denying that too?If people are still denying that then by all means enjoy that sweet bugged dps people are so proud of.I'm not gonna argue about what is Obvious here.I may have some wrong opinions on this but the duration of WC is bugged and that's that thus making double ice lance brain dead easy.Always when i post something people choose not to take on the main issue of a post and they see or read whatever they want/please to make their point right which i find ridiculous.Have a nice day!
"Regardless of the duration being bugged or not"This is some joke right?It is bugged and i showed you proof.I bet nobody whatched anything i posted or compared blizz WC with freakz one.Jesus sometimes i feel people are defending bugs and exploits harder than fixing them.

Last edited by Don.LukyaNo on 11-05-2021, 19:49:14; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Ayro

[Jobless]

Post Posted: 11-05-2021, 19:50:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Don.LukyaNo wrote:
skilzz139 wrote:
Don.LukyaNo wrote:

I just want this winter chill effect duration fixed as the Blizz Bfa one was then you see how easy or hard it is to get another IL proc and see if it's worth ir or not because untill then saying it's possible means nothing because right now u can use it at 40 yards range with an ice veins on you very easily without using any of those blizz schaenanigans with blink in point blank range or having 100% haste(timewarp phase).
Can people agree Winter chill duration lasts a lot longer than BFA here or are we denying that too?If people are still denying that then by all means enjoy that sweet bugged dps people are so proud of.I'm not gonna argue about what is Obvious here.I may have some wrong opinions on this but the duration of WC is bugged and that's that thus making double ice lance brain dead easy.Always when i post something people choose not to take on the main issue of a post and they see or read whatever they want/please to make their point right which i find ridiculous.Have a nice day!

I think you are taking this way too personal.

It's just a matter of you saying it shouldn't be possible and me showing you it was possible on BFA and Legion too.

I told you, you may be right regarding your second statement about double IL while only having Icy Veins. Don't get so defensive for nothing.

By any means, if something is broken it should be fixed.

Today I contacted someone regarding the class template values being incorrect (in the favour of the spec of course), turns out it is fine.

I am not defending the class or misdirect/cherry picking what I want from your report. I am only leaving my opinion here as a player like yourself.

We all pay eventually

Last edited by Ayro on 11-05-2021, 20:09:49; edited 4 times in total
0 0

Don.LukyaNo

[SiegeBreaker]

Post Posted: 11-05-2021, 20:10:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

skilzz139 wrote:
Don.LukyaNo wrote:
skilzz139 wrote:
Don.LukyaNo wrote:

I think you are taking this way too personal.

It's just a matter of you saying it shouldn't be possible and me showing you it was possible on BFA.

I told you, you may be right regarding your second statement regarding double IL while only having Icy Veins. Don't get so defensive for nothing.

By any means, if something is broken it should be fixed.

Today I contacted someone regarding the class template values being incorrect (in the favour of the spec of course), turns out it is fine.

I am not defending the class or misdirect/cherry picking what I want from your report. I am only leaving my opinion here as a player like yourself.

Not taking it personal.I got my post closed before abruptly before i had a chance to post more proof or have a chance to defend my statement so yeah it's becoming personal.(Stopping here)
Anyways you took out the part where you said "You showed me proof it works"cuz i was gonna say what proof?My link with that statement?I was expecting a video with overwhelming proof.NP man so even after this gets fixed only top dogs with really high haste will be able to do these extra lances.Until then even a 320 ilvl can do it with icy veins.See ya!

Last edited by Don.LukyaNo on 11-05-2021, 20:11:48; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Ayro

[Jobless]

Post Posted: 11-05-2021, 20:16:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Don.LukyaNo wrote:
Spoiler:

Not taking it personal.I got my post closed before abruptly before i had a chance to post more proof or have a chance to defend my statement so yeah it's becoming personal.(Stopping here)
Anyways you took out the part where you said "You showed me proof it works"cuz i was gonna say what proof?My link with that statement?I was expecting a video with overwhelming proof.NP man so even after this gets fixed only top dogs with really high haste will be able to do these extra lances.Until then even a 320 ilvl can do it with icy veins.See ya!

What part man, I haven't taken out anything.

It's good that you are trying to report bugs, but I think you are taking this too seriously. Try to relax a bit. It's just a game at the end of the day.

This discussion turns to off-topic. Let's stop -

We all pay eventually

Last edited by Ayro on 11-05-2021, 20:26:45; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Anabolic

[Dizalica]

(since 20-03-2024 15:53)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 14-05-2021, 14:11:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Like i said mechanic existed in BFA and all videos you sent are from Casual players. I already explained to you why is it like this on Freakz and it cannot be altered since it is latency issue, if you further change the value of travel time of flurry you end up not being able to shatter flurry or Glacial Spike for example.

And yes I agree that what would change if it was completely Blizzlike is that random plebs won't be able to do shimmer dance properly to keep doing double ice lancing but since our spellqueue is already changed here since the start of BFA what you can do even after lets say "fixing" properly is just editing your own spellqueue and doing it again from the spot.., and even now the way it works most ppl do way less dps than they should because they are bad since frost isn't about double lance at all but managing rop.

I can port my report from 7.3.5 if that makes you happy but that won't change a thing nor it will affect good mages dps at all, if devs even bother fixing it in the first place since this becomes irrelevant build in next patch.

Here are chats with staff and some players from Altered time Discord confirming what i said.

Staff Member chat
Player Chat

Trello Card.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Anabolic, 14 May 2021 12:11

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs  

The time now is 29-04-2024, 12:13:00
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x