User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [REJECTED] Stopcasting macros are not working

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message977
playeroneone

[Mentally Stable]

(since 19-08-2018 14:49)

Post Posted: 13-08-2018, 07:48:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: ---

Bug description: Stopcasting macros will cancel your spell, but the spell will immediately continue to be casted by itself right after the cancel and will do this every time you hit your macro until the spell has finished its cast. A double line of /stopcasting does not change this. Adding /stopcasting at the end of your macro will make the spell not be casted at all. To fully stop the spell from being casted, you therefore have to move. This is a bigger problem for PvP but especially for classes that have the ability to cast while moving because you cannot fully cancel the spell with a stopcasting macro.

I found a similar report, that was listed as fixed, that contains more or less the same issue:

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/FIXED-Hunter-Marksmanship-Autoattack-and-stopcasting-issues-t514355.html

Proof: Got no video material, but go ahead and make a /stopcasting macro and see yourself.

0 0

Foxed

[Creep]

(since 21-11-2019 18:46)

Votes: 72

Post Posted: 13-08-2018, 09:49:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

they work

https://www.freakz.ro/forum/achievement-Unique-a176.html
0 0

playeroneone

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 13-08-2018, 10:10:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Foxed wrote:
they work

No, they don't. Unless it's only for certain classes. On my holy paladin the spells will be cancelled once you hit the macro, but will continue to cast right after. It's the same for mages.

0 0

Garn

[FFL]

(since 04-05-2019 19:42)

Votes: 74

Post Posted: 13-08-2018, 22:22:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't have a issue with stop casting, post proof.

Posting a new BUG REPORT has to follow the template you get when opening a new topic or it can be instantly rejected.

Freakz Lich King 25H

0 0

playeroneone

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 15-08-2018, 09:50:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Garn wrote:
I don't have a issue with stop casting, post proof.

https://plays.tv/video/5b73d85921943b7491/stopcasting-macro-bug-on-holy-paladin?from=user

I made a video recording here. I'm using Holy Light (it bugs the most) and Flash of Light (it will sometimes be fully cancelled) and also showing the macros.

0 0

Dutchbag

[Creep]

(since 06-07-2020 13:17)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 15-08-2018, 10:59:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok, just to give you some info on how macros work: Every line within the macro is executed in the same game tick, so the macro you showed will both stop whatever is casting in that moment and start the cast for the Holy Light spell in the same tick.
The reason it sometimes cancels, and sometimes does not, is to do with the global cooldown and spell queueing. The "/stopcasting" command is not affected by it, but a spell you cancel still incurs a global cooldown. So if you tap it fast enough (within about half a second of your last press, cause spell queues + GCD) it will simply cancel your spell that you just started casting and not start the casting of a instance of the spell.

"Note: Macros run all the commands at once. This means that when you click the button, the macro runs each command from start to finish before returning control to the game. This has two important effects. First, if you write a macro that takes a long time to execute (like /run for i=1, 100000000 do end), the game will freeze for as long as it takes to run the macro." - Grabbed straight from https://wow.gamepedia.com/Making_a_macro

I don`t think what you`re trying is possible through a macro.

P.S. I love the name of your character.

2 0

playeroneone

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 15-08-2018, 11:25:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

padheari wrote:
Ok, just to give you some info on how macros work: Every line within the macro is executed in the same game tick, so the macro you showed will both stop whatever is casting in that moment and start the cast for the Holy Light spell in the same tick.
The reason it sometimes cancels, and sometimes does not, is to do with the global cooldown and spell queueing. The "/stopcasting" command is not affected by it, but a spell you cancel still incurs a global cooldown. So if you tap it fast enough (within about half a second of your last press, cause spell queues + GCD) it will simply cancel your spell that you just started casting and not start the casting of a instance of the spell.

"Note: Macros run all the commands at once. This means that when you click the button, the macro runs each command from start to finish before returning control to the game. This has two important effects. First, if you write a macro that takes a long time to execute (like /run for i=1, 100000000 do end), the game will freeze for as long as it takes to run the macro." - Grabbed straight from https://wow.gamepedia.com/Making_a_macro

I don`t think what you`re trying is possible through a macro.

P.S. I love the name of your character.

All right, then it isn't a bug, but a misunderstanding of how the marco is intended to work by me. Thanks for the clear up, though. I was expecting the spell to fully cancel with /stopcasting so you wouldn't have to move to interrupt your cast. This thread can be closed/deleted.

0 0

Dutchbag

[Creep]

(since 06-07-2020 13:17)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 15-08-2018, 11:27:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Rejected.

It wasn't a bug, just a misunderstanding.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 15 August 2018 09:27

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 27-04-2024, 09:02:07
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x