User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [Warlock][Demonology] Doom partial tick v2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message344
lulbolt

[Mentally Stable]

(online 23 hours ago)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 22-04-2020, 13:23:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: Doom
Bug description: Doom partial tick is extremely low even after completing nearly its entire duration after the last tick, before falling off the target. Can test by applying doom once, then refreshing it just as it is about to expire, then allow the refreshed dot expire which will allow you to see the issue. Partial tick should be consistent with the duration between the last tick and the dot falling off the target, meaning that the longer the duration the higher the damage, and vice-versa.

Edit: Regardless from how long is left on the dot after the last tick AND before falling off the target, the damage is EXTREMELY LOW, be it 13 seconds or 0.001234 seconds, I will get the same insignificant amount of damage.

Quote:
All periodic effects can be refreshed when less than 30% of their original duration remains with no "clipping" or duration loss (the full normal duration is simply added to the remaining duration, up to a maximum of 130% of the base duration). In addition, haste ticks no longer have breakpoints. When a periodic effect with a duration unequal to a precise multiple of the tick interval expires, a final tick will be dealt equal to the percentage of a normal tick duration that elapsed since the last full tick. For example, if a periodic effect has a duration of 15.0 seconds and due to haste has a tick interval of 2.0 seconds, it will deal 7 ticks at normal damage (14.0 seconds), then deal a final 8th tick for 50% of normal damage.

This wall of text you copied without taking the time to read and understand correctly, explains EXACTLY what I said in my bug report, yet you chose to reject it.

Additionally, haste has nothing to do with the bug report.

So to explain this to you on your level, based on what you copied:

15s dot duration which ticks every 2s
2s = 100% of tick damage
1s left of the dot which ticks for 50% of damage.

Now, here's a quite difficult exercise for you:
1s is 50% of 2s.
True or False

Hint: True

Now let's a add a few more variables to this hypothetical situation:
If there's 1.5s left of the dot after last tick, damage will be 75%
If there's 0.5s left of the dot after last tick, damage will be 25%
if there's 0.1s left of the dot after last tick, damage will be 5%

1 0

Miikee

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-05-2022 07:51)

Votes: 2

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 24-04-2020, 17:41:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Tested it AGAIN. Everything works as it should.

Rejected.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Miikee, 24 April 2020 15:41

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 00:57:08
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x