User
Pass
2FA

Some concerns about your decisions regarding some blizzlike stuff

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show all posts
Author Message9205
Victoor

[Curious & Creative]

(since 16-02-2022 20:35)

Votes: 46

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 13:48:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So I've read the Q&A entirely and, as a retail player that played since the release of the Legion, but not day after day until today, I am a bit concerned about some stuff you guys decided to keep blizzlike.

First of all, the artifact power system. Yes, the grinding , you aim for the 34 traits then advance into paragon traits (the 20 ones which increase your overall damage). I've seen you guys making the artifact knowledge research blizzlike, meaning the same days to wait for a scroll to receive from the order, and this is really bad if you implement it here with the same rates for many reasons: first one is that a lot of players have quit (including me, but just for almost one month) because of this slow and so demanding grind, meaning that if you didn't play daily , at least doing every world quest that gives artifact power and some mythic+ dungeons, you got behind and performance in raids is low, it is a really stupid mechanic here that forces us to grind huge amounts of time in order to be relevant to raids or everything else. Second one is that , besides the slow progress until 25 knowledge, and even after that, the paragon grinding, there's still some stuff that is okay, for example, they buffed the artifact power received from the raids, meaning that raids are now relevant becuase they give lots of artifact power, but the best mechanic to farm is mythic+ dungeons, but to be honest, it won't work here, unless you have a population of at least 10k players because every key a player uses gets upgraded and then it becomes harder, bla bla, you know the system. What I'm trying to say is that it will be really hard to farm mythic+ here because of the low population and the upgrade system of the keys, and lets be honest, not all players will want to do the M+ keys, some may not even bother and do pvp instead, so the number gets even lower. Not the case anyway regarding raids, with the pace of adding 1 boss per x days/weeks, the artifact power gain will be insignificant.

long story short about this: artifact weapon, besides the gear scaling introduced in 7.1.5 is like the most demanding item for a player, and I am really aware things will not go as expected if you keep this blizzlike, and by blizzlike I mean the rates, no custom stuff added or anything, just try to make this procedure faster, i.e decreasing the order time for the artifact knowledge scrolls, or increasing the artifact power gain for every knowledge level. This is gonna be a very very slow grind considering the fact that you won't have PvE raids soon and this will make people angry, trust me. I barely stand the grind on retail where you have HC nighthold and normal nighthold runs which give some amount of AP but still not enough, imagine grinding without PvE bosses and only mythic+ with a lot less keys than you find on retail's looking for group....

That was the first concern that came up into my mind, whenever I hit another one, I'll write here. I'd like you guys to share your opinions regarding this, doesn't matter if you're a normal player or a staff member, your opinion kinda matters but some retail experience would be great, because , if not, you don't know the feels with all I wrote until now.

Last edited by Victoor on 16-03-2017, 14:26:53; edited 1 time in total
5 1

k0s

[Freakz Admin | Dev]

(since 24-09-2022 11:04)

Votes: 222

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 17:40:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If by any means this will negatively affect our player base we might adjust it, but i doubt it.
0 0

k0s

[Freakz Admin | Dev]

Post Posted: 20-03-2017, 16:41:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Please keep your posts on topic and bring valid arguments regarding this subject.
0 0

k0s

[Freakz Admin | Dev]

Post Posted: 22-03-2017, 10:43:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Eventually all players will complete the AK research. It isn't about getting faster to level 25 knowledge but to keep it balanced over the entire expansion. Think this way : You're in a 100km race and you have to finish it in NO LESS than 3 days. You cheat and drive the entire distance by car. Then what ? You still have to wait at the finish line ~70 hours. My point is , lowering the AP knowledge gain rate is not a solution because it was designed by blizzard to progress along with the content.
3 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by k0s, 18 March 2017 13:03

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 29-04-2024, 14:57:33
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x