User
Pass
2FA

Some concerns about your decisions regarding some blizzlike stuff
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message9135
Victoor

[Curious & Creative]

(since 16-02-2022 20:35)

Votes: 46

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 13:48:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So I've read the Q&A entirely and, as a retail player that played since the release of the Legion, but not day after day until today, I am a bit concerned about some stuff you guys decided to keep blizzlike.

First of all, the artifact power system. Yes, the grinding , you aim for the 34 traits then advance into paragon traits (the 20 ones which increase your overall damage). I've seen you guys making the artifact knowledge research blizzlike, meaning the same days to wait for a scroll to receive from the order, and this is really bad if you implement it here with the same rates for many reasons: first one is that a lot of players have quit (including me, but just for almost one month) because of this slow and so demanding grind, meaning that if you didn't play daily , at least doing every world quest that gives artifact power and some mythic+ dungeons, you got behind and performance in raids is low, it is a really stupid mechanic here that forces us to grind huge amounts of time in order to be relevant to raids or everything else. Second one is that , besides the slow progress until 25 knowledge, and even after that, the paragon grinding, there's still some stuff that is okay, for example, they buffed the artifact power received from the raids, meaning that raids are now relevant becuase they give lots of artifact power, but the best mechanic to farm is mythic+ dungeons, but to be honest, it won't work here, unless you have a population of at least 10k players because every key a player uses gets upgraded and then it becomes harder, bla bla, you know the system. What I'm trying to say is that it will be really hard to farm mythic+ here because of the low population and the upgrade system of the keys, and lets be honest, not all players will want to do the M+ keys, some may not even bother and do pvp instead, so the number gets even lower. Not the case anyway regarding raids, with the pace of adding 1 boss per x days/weeks, the artifact power gain will be insignificant.

long story short about this: artifact weapon, besides the gear scaling introduced in 7.1.5 is like the most demanding item for a player, and I am really aware things will not go as expected if you keep this blizzlike, and by blizzlike I mean the rates, no custom stuff added or anything, just try to make this procedure faster, i.e decreasing the order time for the artifact knowledge scrolls, or increasing the artifact power gain for every knowledge level. This is gonna be a very very slow grind considering the fact that you won't have PvE raids soon and this will make people angry, trust me. I barely stand the grind on retail where you have HC nighthold and normal nighthold runs which give some amount of AP but still not enough, imagine grinding without PvE bosses and only mythic+ with a lot less keys than you find on retail's looking for group....

That was the first concern that came up into my mind, whenever I hit another one, I'll write here. I'd like you guys to share your opinions regarding this, doesn't matter if you're a normal player or a staff member, your opinion kinda matters but some retail experience would be great, because , if not, you don't know the feels with all I wrote until now.

Last edited by Victoor on 16-03-2017, 14:26:53; edited 1 time in total
5 1

xzip

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-11-2021 13:41)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 14:25:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

A solution to your demand it will be the decreasing of the artifact knowledge research from five days to tow days, this way we will gain artifact power much faster, but this is my opinion. Well-intentions, this is a subject I thought about! Idea
0 0

Victoor

[Curious & Creative]

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 14:29:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

xzip wrote:
A solution to your demand it will be the decreasing of the artifact knowledge research from five days to tow days, this way we will gain artifact power much faster, but this is my opinion. Well-intentions, this is a subject I thought about! Idea

The research is actually 2 days and a half for one scroll, 5 days for 2 scrolls, this is just huge for Freakz. Yeah, of course, getting traits faster and stuff might bore you but really this isn't the case, even if you guys triple the artifact power gain, there are still 3 specs to get 54 traits to, and trust me, people will play alts, it will still be a slow grind, but you really have to adapt this mechanic to the way you release stuff, with no PvE bosses at start and just some mythic dungeons, our artifact weapons will be a huge way behind the normal retail artifact, and this will irritate people and bore A LOT.

0 0

xzip

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 14:44:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Victoor wrote:
xzip wrote:

The research is actually 2 days and a half for one scroll, 5 days for 2 scrolls, this is just huge for Freakz. Yeah, of course, getting traits faster and stuff might bore you but really this isn't the case, even if you guys triple the artifact power gain, there are still 3 specs to get 54 traits to, and trust me, people will play alts, it will still be a slow grind, but you really have to adapt this mechanic to the way you release stuff, with no PvE bosses at start and just some mythic dungeons, our artifact weapons will be a huge way behind the normal retail artifact, and this will irritate people and bore A LOT.

If they add the compendiums that it will be no problems. Link here http://www.wowhead.com/news=258051/7-1-5-ptr-artifact-knowledge-compendium-catch-up

0 0

Victoor

[Curious & Creative]

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 14:46:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

xzip wrote:
Victoor wrote:
xzip wrote:

If they add the compendiums that it will be no problems. Link here http://www.wowhead.com/news=258051/7-1-5-ptr-artifact-knowledge-compendium-catch-up

Yeah mate but that requires level 25 first.

0 0

xzip

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 14:49:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I know, hope they find a solution
0 0

Kyrax
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-11-2017 01:14)

Votes: 154

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 14:58:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

From my point of view, this makes Legion just beautiful, as was the vanilla.Latest patches I thought were pretty boring(after you make full gear, you do weekly raids,afk in some places and log out).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pamGqyxnohE
0 1

Victoor

[Curious & Creative]

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 14:59:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Kyrax wrote:
From my point of view, this makes Legion just beautiful, as was the vanilla.Latest patches I thought were pretty boring(after you make full gear, you do weekly raids,afk in some places and log out).

Doing a slower grind for the artifact power than on blizzard because of reasons mentioned above is just way worse.

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 16:02:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Legion is one of the very few expansions where you have to actually grind hard to get your fingers on some good stuff, which ofcourse keeps players ingame. I don't really think that if we turn Legion in one of the many mainstream expansions where all you have to do is raid once per week and then jump in Stormwind will be any good.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 1

Victoor

[Curious & Creative]

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 16:04:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ashcool wrote:
Legion is one of the very few expansions where you have to actually grind hard to get your fingers on some good stuff, which ofcourse keeps players ingame. I don't really think that if we turn Legion in one of the many mainstream expansions where all you have to do is raid once per week and then jump in Stormwind will be any good.

There's no need for that, you just have to reconsider the artifact power system because of the population, nobody wants the vanilla super slow experience, trust me. Just slight adjustments to the AP gain and the knowledge scrolls and all should be good.

1 0

k0s

[Freakz Admin | Dev]

(since 24-09-2022 11:04)

Votes: 222

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 17:40:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If by any means this will negatively affect our player base we might adjust it, but i doubt it.
0 0

Kyrax
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-11-2017 01:14)

Votes: 154

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 18:06:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

"nobody wants the vanilla super slow experience, trust me" what? I'm sorry to tell you, but just because you do not want that does not mean that nobody wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pamGqyxnohE
0 0

Victoor

[Curious & Creative]

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 20:39:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Kyrax wrote:
"nobody wants the vanilla super slow experience, trust me" what? I'm sorry to tell you, but just because you do not want that does not mean that nobody wants.

Mate, I do not contest blizzlike grinding, but you forget the fact that freakz will not be blizzlike when it comes to this grinding, I already mentioned we will miss a lot of artifact power grinding sources for some time, i.e raids, mythic+ (yeah I know they are implemented, but it will take time to script every dungeon at first) , those are the most important ones and we will not have a retail launch @ this. Do you understand now?

My point is that I am concerned about this, I'll be okay if the grinding is blizzlike as long as we have the resources , but at start we won't and we will loose feet when bosses are added and so on.

An Idea came up into my mind until we have the PvE sorted out : shocker could add some week-end days feature , like double the artifact power gain throughout the week-end days, or set some preferred days for this, could be a great feature to be honest.

1 0

Scott

[Maniac]

(since 03-04-2023 21:32)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 21:12:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well you can donate for AP, boom problem solved!
3 0

Victoor

[Curious & Creative]

Post Posted: 16-03-2017, 23:00:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Scott wrote:
Well you can donate for AP, boom problem solved!

This is not a solution, it s not like ap is a legendary or something.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by k0s, 18 March 2017 13:03

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 01:00:08
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x