User
Pass
2FA

Spiked Counterweight

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message657
ak007777

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-10-2020 00:48)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 30-03-2018, 10:13:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/item_finder.php?item=136715&&name=spiked-counterweight
Bug description: Spiked Counterweight, on enh shaman atleast, is... really really badly bugged. I know that's not that good of a bug description but I honestly don't even know what to make of it. Let me just get into details.

Exhibit A: Here's a picture of my equips and combat for damage on Stormstrike, which I'm using as the demonstration spell, though what I'm about to display applies to all enh spells and even automatic melee attacks. https://gyazo.com/90cd7258d5d876458d7ac6e48d9f1655 -Equips https://gyazo.com/f901043de9e2d4345a9d50247d9fe895 -Combat log

The above combat log was done using the equips in the first picture, in which I generated maelstrom with auto attacks only and only used Stormstrike. Due to the lack of an artifact weapon, No special effects equipment other than Counterweight, and no abilities but Stormstrike being casted, I got consistent baseline damage for the weapons I had equipped against my target in a situation where the trinket didn't proc. These numbers, as shown, are:

92k for the initial Stormstrike hit and 138k on a crit
46k for the offhanded Stormstrike hit and 69k on a crit

Exhibit B: Now I proc Spiked Counterweight. The first picture linked is a picture displaying the initial proc damage, classified as Brutal Haymaker, same as all the other damage dealt by Spiked Counterweight is called (which procs twice for some reason, but I'm assuming that's because of the nature of enh shaman who's attacks hit twice most of the time, that or its just duel wielders in general, I don't know.). This damage seems adequate, taking into account the defense of my target, an ilevel 892 shaman.
https://gyazo.com/455441c74dbf7e0c44c91e13b2710e50

You should, however, immediately see the problem, as:

1. Counterweight is NOT procing from all attacks, heck, its not even procing from all melee attacks. Even further, sometimes it doesn't even proc from an auto attack.
2. When it does happen to display its damage, it does a pitifully low amount, only once ever even coming close to "15% extra damage" on any attack; not even basic melees. As you can see from the above picture and the pictures I will display below, it continuously is procing damage as little as *670 damage* off of a melee auto attack that dealt 7.5k. In a single instance did it deal a substantial amount of damage, where it proc'd for 510 + 4690 damage off of an attack that dealt, 10k. Where did this number come from? No clue, its not 15% of the intial, more like 50%, so it must of fell from the sky.

In conclusion, as you can see from the following pictures of my combat log while Brutal Haymaker aka Spiked Counterweight was applied, a couple notes can be made.

https://gyazo.com/5acb9beb0a13f011d7d4ff56b91f5dc7 -Picture 1 https://gyazo.com/8250f828f6e29e292aa9f94c7920dd3d -Picture 2

A. Stormstrike is only procing after AUTOMATIC MELEE attacks, and only when it feels like procing. It never once procs after an instance of Stormwstrike which is 100% a melee attack, so there should be no excuse especially when counterweight is supposed to buff ALL attacks after application.

B. When it does decide to proc, which as I stated, its currently only doing after an auto attack, it does either FAR less damage than its supposed to OR pulls a random number out of the air.

C. No, before someone brings this up, NO, it is not buffing the damage within the combat log under whatever the damage was intially classified as. What I mean by this is, as you can see in the above pictures, Every. Single. Stormstrike that I use during the duration of Spiked Counterweight (as displayed by the following procs of Brutal Haymaker in later lines), is dealing the same amount of damage as I stated it dealt before Brutal Haymaker was applied.

92k for an initial Stormstrike hit and 138k on a crit
46k for the offhanded stormstrike hit and 69k on a crit

Q&A

-----

Q: Why are you using such garbage maces?

A: Use of the artifact weapons creates variance in the damage of Stormstrike, which was an important factor in this test, therefore I could not test it with those in use.

Q: Are you sure the Brutal Haymaker damage isn't so low because of armor?

A: Firstly, if that's the case then that in and of itself would still be a bug, as that is not supposed to occur. Futhermore, it wouldn't explain the single instance in which it did an additive 5k damage, equating to about 50% of the initial hit, instead of what these tests regularly displayed, consistently damage below 1k.

Q: Does this only occur in pvp?

A: No, it occurs in both pvp and pve, I only display logs from pvp combat however because it is much harder to garner consistent data in an actual pve situation.

Q: Do you think the damage is falling off because of the upperlimit?

A: Even if that was the problem, that would still be, well, a problem. For starters, I have an ilevel 900 Counterweight, with an upperlimit of 765k damage from the effect. It doesn't take more than basic math to realise that I never even got close to reaching that limit, even if you factor in the initial damage from counterweight (which you shouldn't)

Q: Do you know if this occurs with any class other than enhance shaman?

A: No, I have not tested with any other classes nor am I able to.

-----

Believe I stated everything but if anyone has any other questions or input, feel free to state them.

My regards,

-Healsrkewl

0 0

Vouchery

[Pandaren Ambassador]

(since 28-09-2020 02:09)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 04-04-2018, 02:27:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So what youre saying is that
1. Damage of the trinket is too random and not 15%
2. Stormstrike does not incur the additional 15% from the trinket like it should?

Edit:
The damage from Auto attack procs is reduced by Amor as stated by Mr Robot
Damage = Round(49.4631 * ItemBudget, 0) * TotalDamageMultiplier * ArmorReduction

Also confirmed it does not affect Stromstrike like it should.

This was tested with a naked Panda with a 925 ver of the trinket.

PS: Please follow the format next time and just tell us what the problem is, We can easily test this rather you prolonging this and it makes it more confusing.

Cho's MW Guide
Class Campaign Guide

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Budbomber, 04 April 2018 00:54

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 29-04-2024, 01:07:01
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x