User
Pass
2FA

[Warlock][All Specs] Pets keep disappearing randomly when walking

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message543
leongunblade

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-07-2018 12:05)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 03-05-2018, 12:59:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: every pet spell
Bug description: every demon you summon with any spec will randomly disappear for random reasons either when walking around or when mounted on a ground mount. They can't keep up with the movement speed of the character and so they disappear after a while because they are too distant. This makes me waste tons of shards, especially while in dungeons or raids as I have to continuously summon my pets over and over again.
Proof: just summon any demon and try running away from him, he'll disappear sooner or later.

0 0

GracieGray

[Graceful Penguin]

(since 30-04-2019 07:11)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 09-05-2018, 18:16:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've tested this in multiple situations and have had no issues with my pet. Are you sure it isn't a pathing issue and could you please send a video or image with the exact issue you are having? Thank you -

Check out my WoW Freakz Mount Guide!

0 0

norbert.pls
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-08-2018 16:58)

Votes: 213

Post Posted: 10-05-2018, 12:03:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There is a lot of partial phasing (i.e. Dalaran) where the pet just disappears if active when going through them. Best example is walking up the stairs to the flight master.

Electric Warlock Acid Witch
Legion Guide - Destruction Warlock in PVE
Legion Guide - Restoration Shaman in PVE

0 0

leongunblade

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-07-2018 12:05)

Post Posted: 10-05-2018, 15:44:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I can try to record a video but I can assure you that you can test that yourself. Go anywhere in the Broken Isles, summon your ground mount and start walking: after about 5-10 seconds your pet will disappear because it won't be able to follow you as it should and you will lose your shard. This happens aaaaall the time, I have to spend like 60% of my time just summoning and summoning and summoning. It's not even weird pathing, the pet won't be able to follow even when walking in a straight line as it will randomly start to walk back, stop, turn around, then disappear.
0 0

Superben10

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-01-2021 20:46)

Post Posted: 10-05-2018, 20:47:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I tested this myself, there are only a handful of areas where the pet does slow down. Any other time when it stops and then continues moving is all due to pathing problems and not the pet slowing down because I can clearly see it speed back up as soon as it can to keep up. If you show more specific locations, that might help because walking across Val'shara I can name maybe 2 times where my pet slows down, every other time he is at full speed.

EDIT: Running non-stop with the pet for at least a minute or so, with the pet running into pathing issues that cause it to stutter can lead to it eventually disappearing, but it is not intentionally slowing down as it does in other areas. It can happen faster if you run over obstacles or difficult terrain, which further screw with the pathing.

0 0

GracieGray

[Graceful Penguin]

(since 30-04-2019 07:11)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 10-05-2018, 22:03:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirmed. Pet's do randomly disappear and get stuck in phasing etc. causing you to waste Soul Shards. Some pets Warlock or other classes do get slowed randomly in random areas.

Proof:

Check out my WoW Freakz Mount Guide!

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by GracieGray, 10 May 2018 20:03

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 30-04-2024, 22:58:45
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x