User
Pass
2FA

Wow Problem after updating drivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion
Author Message486
Fryteczka

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-02-2021 14:00)

Post Posted: 11-02-2021, 22:28:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello i have a problem.
I downloaded a new one graphics card drivers and when i open game in login screen my game like a freezing, everything is lagging. I Try to switch directx but dont work. My graphics geforce 840m 2gb drivers(january 26/2021). Before updating drivers the game worked normally. Thegam stop load on loading screen

Last edited by Fryteczka on 11-02-2021, 22:40:48; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Jack

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-09-2021 20:49)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 12-02-2021, 00:50:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings Fryteczka

Alright well first I would suggest you to update your Windows until you have no updates available, then run the driver installer again and during installation you will see an option "Factory reset" or "Clean install", something of that sort, check the box for that option and installation will uninstall the driver (hopefully) properly clean. You will have to reboot your system and then installation should start automatically after a short time (if not then run in manually again). Then install the driver as you would normally and when it's finished reboot system once more and run the WoW. On that first WoW run, don't change settings in Nvidia panel, because some setting changes could be causing your game to freeze. Then if the game works properly, you can make changes to Nvidia settings.
If none of these work, try to use DDU program (Display Driver Uninstaller), you have a lot of tutorials on the Youtube how to use it, I can just give you one tip; before using it disable Windows Update service and once you're finished, put it back on Manual.
Also if that doesn't work, well the only options you have left are to revert to previous drivers, or even to re-install the whole system, if you of course want to bother with that.

Hopefully that will resolve your issues!

Update @ 11-02-2021, 23:48:31

Oh I forgot to mention, don't install Geforce Experience, the less bloatware you install, the less reasons for game instability you'll have.

Update @ 11-02-2021, 23:50:25

Also delete the Cache folder from your WoW, disable addons upon loading to the character.

0 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 04:05:19
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x