User
Pass
2FA

Useful Cataclysm Resto Druid PVE Guide

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Cataclysm
Author Message8038
Copacu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-09-2011 08:35)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 07-09-2011, 01:47:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

IMG: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-U7Z44Egpzx8/Te_QdWldmAI/AAAAAAAAAOc/8XiHL8OuKX8/s1600/tree-of-life.jpg
In the first place I would like to say hello to all the druid mates that are intrested in the wonderful art of healing.I am going to explain you my way of healing ,based on my experience through patches 4.0.6 to 4.2 ,and I hope will help you .I am open to suggestions and also to constructive feedback or criticism.
The Restoration Druid is a healer class that is mixing HOT(healing over time)and casting nature spells that help his mates and friend to stay alive.We are a veeeery fun healer class that "shines" in constant heavy raidwide situations and in fights that require a lot of movement(because our HOT are instant)

TALENTS

IMG: http://img0.mmo.mmo4arab.com/my/upload/c9/8b/5976b8ec161cf40367272ce1a523c1e2/11/0218/medium700_8eca7cbe603fc89319f406e86eb52e32987.jpg

These(8\2\31) is the build that I would currently use and its suitable in raiding situations and heroics.If you want you can play with some talents like Nature's Bounty or Nature's Swiftness and put them on Nature's Cure or Blessing of Grove.
A very useful talent is Malfurion's Gift that will give us the Omen of Clarity benefit that makes the next spell we cast free mana cost.Since prezerving mana is important in Cata a free mana cost spell is a blessing - .

We also want to have the 3 points on Moonglow rather than 3 on Furor because of the expensive mana cost of rejuvenation and other expensive spells that have a high casiting rate during some intensive parts of the fights.

GLYPHS

Primordial:

Lifebloom:These glyph is absolutly compulsory because we are going to use a lot lifebloom and its a good help for the spell.
Rejuvenation:Also veeeery helpful. A buff is always needed - .
Swiftmend:We want these glyph because swiftmend procs efflorescense and we want that aoe effect to proc the decent healing.

Major:

Wild Growth:These glyph has been since WOTLK so its we are gonna take because its nice to heal one more person -.
Innervate:These glyph is very useful in raid situations because of the extra % of mana.One thing that you can do if there is other druid, with the glyph in your raid,is to cross innervates to get extra amount of mana that will be so needed sometimes.
Rebirth:Its a glyph that we must have because allows us to rez in combat at 100% of HP and you can imagine how useful can be that on a tank or other player.

Minor:

Personal choices .

SPELLS
The first thing you must do is delete the spamming mentality of WOTLK so you have to start from zero.There isnt a spam rotation anymore and we will have to choose which spell we use in every situation and also watch our mana that in moments of high raid damage will "fly away".It sounds hard but after getting used to it you will do it automatically.ALL spell range has been INCREASED to 40 yards.

Since mana is important we DONT have to top people ALWAYS at 100% ,we will do that if we have enough mana,and we will have to be VEEERY careful with OVERHEALING.For example:a reju spam on a 90 % HP mate will usually rise our overhealing and that will waste out mana in 20 sec.Perfect overhealing{5% to 20%maximum}.More is BAD.

Rejuvenation 20% of base mana:Its still our most useful spell but now its during only 12 sec and its mana cost has been increased considerably(from 12% of base mana).We will use it only at people that receive consistent damage and get below 80% of their life.

Lifebloom 11% of base mana:Its one of our best spells but in Cata can be on ONLY ONE PERSON at time .Its very cheap (talking about mana)and powerful spell that has a dot that does lots of healing and a "bloom" effect with a direct heal.We have to keep these ON TANK OR MAIN TANK ALWAAAYS AND REFRESH ALWAYS.There has to be a lifebloom on tank no matter what .It gives you the Replenishment effect .

Nourish 9% of base mana:Its our SPAM heal .Its so cheap that when there is no consistent damage we can spam it wthout caring of its mana cost .Its the perfect spell to top people from 85% to 100% and no rejuvenation or other expensive one.With the talent build (the one that is on the top)it will help REFRESH LIFEBLOOM to its full duration so when you have the time SPAM the spell on the tank.

Wild Growth 27% of base mana:Its cd its now 8 sec (6 sec was before).It is a really good spell but we will NOT SPAM anymore because its high mana cost.Its is perfect on high raid damage situation but not to only 2 or 3 people,we will use it when 4 or more people are at less than 55% of life .Its powerful so be CAREFUL with OVERHEAL.

Swiftmend 14% of base mana:Its a really awesome and useful spell.Its a cheap spell but it has a 30 sec cd so we cant use it very much.We will use it when people drop at 55% or less to prevent overhealing and also when we want to proc EFFLORESCENSE that is a AOE HEALING that will heal anybody that STANDS ON IT.Speak with people and tell them to stay on it because it heals like 700 to 1200 per second during 7 sec.

Regrowth 35% of base mana:Its a VEEEEEERY EXPENSIVE heal that can look very good and with a 1.5 sec cast but use it ONLY when people are at 35% of their health or less and use it ALWAYS WHEN OMEN OF CLARITY PROCS.If you use it too much you will not have mana in 15 seconds.
In cata it has a direct healing that is strong and a 6 sec hot that also helps.The hot duration has been REDUCED so it isnt cconsederated a HoT anymore.

Healing Touch 30 % of base mana : Its a long expensive heal that I use only with Nature's Swiftness .I dont use these spell frequently because its a long time cast and Regrowth can be more useful .

Tranquility 30% of base mana and 8 min CD: It is a VERY IMPORTANT cooldown that we should use to save our raid from a wipe . It tops people that are low of health an leaves a HoT that keeps healing the raid .We MUST use these spell on high and intensive raid damage periods and also to top health of really low people.

Tree of Life a 3 min CD:Our BEST CD .It gives benefits to almost all of our healing spells. Read the description of the spell to see them .A very useful TIP is to SPAM LIFEBLOOM TO ALL RAID and use the omen of clarity benefit to REGROWTH the most injured or low people.Use it when damage gets nasty and you NEED LOTS OF HEAL.

Remove Coruption a "CLEANER" - :It is a dispell that eats quite a lot of mana but REMOVES 1 Coruption and Poison .With Nature's Cure dispells also a MAGICAL EFFECT.

STATS
The priority order is a mathematically studied thing and I am sure that is correct .

INTELLECT>SPIRIT>HASTE>MASTERY>CRIT

Int is our best stat by faaaaar.It gives us spell power that increases our healing and helps A LOT our mana regen that is very important and also increases our mana pool so we have more mana to use more spells.Replenishment and Revitalize that regenerate mana basing on our mana pool its why in is really important.
Spirit is important because actually gives us more mana.It is how we get more mana regeneration and that is also how we get more mana regeneration even in combat.
Haste is a very intresting stat in Cata since our ALL OUR HOTS GET BENEFIT FROM HASTE.So the question is HOW MUCH HASTE TO STACK ?There are haste breakpoints that give an extra tick to HOTS(heal over time)so for example a HOT like Reju that has 4 ticks in 12 sec can have 5 ticks in 12 sec.

Haste Breakpoints:WITHOUT HASTE BUFFS
Rejuvenation 5 ticks :12,5% 1650haste
Lifebloom 11 ticks :9% 1221 haste 12ticks:17 % 1980haste
Wild Growth 9 ticks: 22% 2450haste
So you have to go to haste as much as you can as a secondary stat is the best one .

GEMS,ENCHANTS AND REFORGING

Gem time - :

Metagem: Ember Shadowspirit Diamond

Red Gem: Brilliant Inferno Ruby

Purple Gem: Purified Demonseye

Orange Gem: Reckless Ember Topaz

As you can see all the gems have Intellect because we want to stack lots of it since is better than any other stat.Always gem intellect but if the bonus of the socket gives you the same amount of intellect as the gem you can go then for the socket bonus.

The best enchants are:

Head: Arcanum of Hyjal

Shoulders: Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone

Back: Enchant Cloak - Greater Intellect

Chest: Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats

Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Greater Speed

Hands: Enchant Gloves - Haste

Waist: Ebonsteel Belt Buckle

Legs: Powerfully Ghostly Spellthread

Feet: Enchant Boots - Lavawalker

Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent(if you are wearing a staff) or Enchant Weapon - Heartsong(if you are wearing a dagger or a mace)

Off-hand: Enchant Off-Hand - Superior Intellect

Reforging:
The thing you have to do is to follow the stat priority listed above and also think about the needs you have with the gear that you are wearing .Dont forget that Spirit helps a lot with mana regeneration but the Haste gives you extra ticks and faster casts.

Gear

There is really good Justice points gear and also the reputation gear .I am not gonna put a huuuuuge gear list but I reccomend you tu go first to reputation gear (specially Wildhammer Clan and Earth's Ring and Therazane)because its fast and easy .Then you can do some heroics and earn some points.

Summary

I think that Cata changes the way we have to heal but also is fun because challenges us to give the best .Hope bosses will be well scripted blizzlike so we can have some fun.
Also if you want to troll the guide or just hate it im fine with that I just spend some hours (4 hours) making some research and "throwing" some knowledge that I have of my raiding and heroic dungeons expirience.
Finally,good luck drood mates and also if you want to suggest me something or correct something on my guide I will appreciate it because that will improve it .I am not English so sorry if I made some mistakes. - So hope you like it and helps you. -

0 0

Snoiz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-12-2011 10:25)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 11-09-2011, 14:46:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Its the best so far:)) Gz
0 0

spartan123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-07-2015 12:17)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 27-09-2011, 23:19:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Very good guide. Good job.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Cataclysm  

The time now is 01-10-2024, 06:54:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x