User
Pass
2FA

dps or tank?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message702
MrPanzone

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-05-2012 07:10)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 23-05-2012, 11:28:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,
i'm a warrior, n i'm at my first raids... what kind o strategy for dps, n what for tank? How to set the talents?
Thx

0 0

dzvera

[Maniac]

(since 01-01-2020 19:36)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 23-05-2012, 12:05:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

better be only dps - less chance to wipe the raid
0 0

spartan123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-07-2015 12:17)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 23-05-2012, 13:17:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ppl need more tanks, but its much harder to play then DPS. You will need to learn a lot.
0 0

CelticFrost

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-07-2014 14:16)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 23-05-2012, 15:32:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What you ask is not something that can be taught in just one post. You will need to research your class, and gain experience by playing it.

I strongly advise you to:

1 - Read about the class you want to play first. There are some trustworthy sites, like elitist jerks, mmo champion, etc... Just google about warriors, and you will see many of those. It is only a first aproach, and with more experience you will be able to discern what's wrong or right.

2 - Try to find a good pve guild, where you can turn your knowledge into actions. It's better to start with easier things, dungeons, then normal raids, then heroic content, as long as you get more gear, confidence and experience. Another advantage of a good guild, is the fact that you can consult veteran and experienced players about your class, these should be people who know what they are talking about.

3 - Practice for perfection: don't only stand with what the things you read or already know, try to make yourself better, test your dps, and try to go over your limits by learning the rotations, stat priorization, etc. If you want to play tank, practice your timing. A good tank needs to know how to survive first, using his cooldowns properly, and how to keep aggro off the raid, by having a very good level of awareness of his surroundings and the encounter scripts.

4 - Learn and study the scripts for every different encounter. As a tank, you must know better then anyone the mechanics of each specific fight. Many times, the tank will position a boss, or give directions to the rest of the raid so they can react accordingly. It's your responsability to know what is the best combination of talents, skills and tactics for each boss. Also as a damage dealer, you need to keep up your dps performance to the top if you want to progress through harder encounters.

As you see, this is just a general view, just a basic 101 guide to have an idea of where should you start to work, to be an effective tank or dps in any situation.

0 0

MrPanzone

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-05-2012 07:10)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 24-05-2012, 08:37:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thx for ur replies, seems really difficult... i'll learn somethin about the classes for now
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 02-10-2024, 00:52:05
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x