User
Pass
2FA

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps and tentaclefest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message2467
Inanis

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-10-2013 13:35)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 06-06-2013, 23:54:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

question:

is mindflay spell https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=52586 (wowhead link) from http://www.wowhead.com/npc=58077 "tentacle of the old gods" that procs from : http://www.wowhead.com/item=77191/gurthalak-voice-of-the-deeps "Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps" bugged?

i was reading the spell description and it should be:

proc chance: 2% (to summon the tentacles)
ICD: none
spell duration: 3 secs
ticks per sec: 1
damage per tick: 1885 to 2115
damage: shadow magic damage (should be affected by both shadow resistance and resilience)

- but whenever this spells procs my addons (recount and MSCT) get spammed by mindflay attacks
- also checking my addons i see that this spell tick can do a max of 9.7k ticks (i have 5.3k resi) ... so it is supposed to scale with warrior's physical attack power? or is it ignoring resilience? or both? asking because the comments in wowhead and thotbott say that this procs does an average of 2k dps while active on retail (on a 0 shadow resistance, 0 resi pve boss)... it just seems way higher here.

Anyone with the donation weapon willing to test to see if it is bugged? i have asked 3 warriors and 2 dks.. but they refuse when i tell them is just a test ..not a real duel...

PS: can someone post the higest tick they ever got of this procs? recount shows 9.7k.. but i really wanna know what increases it...

0 0

Lunia

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-09-2017 09:58)

Post Posted: 07-06-2013, 07:44:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Inanis wrote:
asking because the comments in wowhead and thotbott say that this procs does an average of 2k dps while active on retail (on a 0 shadow resistance, 0 resi pve boss)... it just seems way higher here.

Effective DPS. Not burst DPS.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=77191/gurthalak-voice-of-the-deeps#comments:id=1592462

Quote:
Over a 3 hour raid on Morchok Heroic (no kills), this proc really is worth it in my opinion!

Spell: Mind Flay

Total dmg: 6593487

# of ticks: 350
Avg tick damage: 13329.6
# of crits: 94
Avg crit damage: 20512.0
Uptime (%): 06:41 (13.2 %)

I have seen uptimes up to 16.8% so far as well, on indivual fights.

I am a ret paladin, so I don't know if it is undertuned for warriors that arent spell hitcapped.

Effective DPS: 2166.1
Burst DPS while active: 14561.7

(Both averaged over the same 3 hour raid)

It's not higher here, it just actually hits that hard. You can also look up several retail videos of people using it in PvP as well. It generally ticks around 5K-10K.

0 0

Inanis

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-06-2013, 10:18:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

so what your telling me is that currently is ignoring resilience and shadow resistance in players and hitting them as hard as it hits in pve bosses that have 0 resi and 0 shadow resistance?

because atm it is doing 9.7k non crits on full cata t2 (5.3+ k resi ~ 49.5% damage reduction) players with 195 shadow resistance (25% shadow damage reduction).

0 0

Lunia

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-06-2013, 18:15:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gurthalak does not scale with Attack Power.

It does however benefit from damage modifiers such as Battle Stance, Berserker Stance, Avenging Wrath, Frost Presence and probably Ebon Plague.

Additionally Gurthalak also scales with Unholy Death Knight Mastery (% Shadow damage increase) which can cause it to hit for pretty ridiculous numbers as a large majority of Death Knights go for Mastery in PvP.

Frost Presence (10%) plus Ebon Plague (8%) and a large amount of Unholy Mastery (let's just say 30%) will bring the damage close to it's PvE values on a PvP target. Hence why you're seeing 9.7K hits. With base hits being assumed at 13330 (from the Wowhead comment above) you're getting hit for roughly 72.77% of the original damage which roughly matches up with the Frost Presence, Ebon Plague and Unholy Mastery on your Resilience.

I'm not sure in which order Resilience and Shadow Resistance apply, but they do however not stack additively. It's multiplicatively, as in 49.5 * 1.25 which results in 61.88% damage reduction. (They might stack the other way around, but you get similar values either way.)

13330 - 61.88% = 5081. Now add 8% Ebon Plague and 30%+ Unholy Mastery and possibly 10% Frost Presence on it (multiplicatively, remember) and you're back to 9.7K.

So no, it doesn't ignore Resilience or Shadow Resistance, it just really does hit that freaking hard.

Also, I have it myself on a Warrior and I don't think I have ever seen it hit for 9.7K on someone with that much Resilience personally. But I haven't paid too much attention to it. I can't imagine it though considering it barely hits 12500 on a dummy for me. So it might be crazy DK modifiers that's causing it to hit so hard. Especially if they scale and stack wrong, which might be the case.

0 0

fayewel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-08-2014 11:21)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 07-06-2013, 18:47:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yeeee its bugged! so gogogo donate for it till they fix it -

0 0

Inanis

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-06-2013, 21:39:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lunia wrote:
Gurthalak does not scale with Attack Power.

It does however benefit from damage modifiers such as Battle Stance, Berserker Stance, Avenging Wrath, Frost Presence and probably Ebon Plague.

Additionally Gurthalak also scales with Unholy Death Knight Mastery (% Shadow damage increase) which can cause it to hit for pretty ridiculous numbers as a large majority of Death Knights go for Mastery in PvP.

Frost Presence (10%) plus Ebon Plague (8%) and a large amount of Unholy Mastery (let's just say 30%) will bring the damage close to it's PvE values on a PvP target. Hence why you're seeing 9.7K hits. With base hits being assumed at 13330 (from the Wowhead comment above) you're getting hit for roughly 72.77% of the original damage which roughly matches up with the Frost Presence, Ebon Plague and Unholy Mastery on your Resilience.

I'm not sure in which order Resilience and Shadow Resistance apply, but they do however not stack additively. It's multiplicatively, as in 49.5 * 1.25 which results in 61.88% damage reduction. (They might stack the other way around, but you get similar values either way.)

13330 - 61.88% = 5081. Now add 8% Ebon Plague and 30%+ Unholy Mastery and possibly 10% Frost Presence on it (multiplicatively, remember) and you're back to 9.7K.

So no, it doesn't ignore Resilience or Shadow Resistance, it just really does hit that freaking hard.

Also, I have it myself on a Warrior and I don't think I have ever seen it hit for 9.7K on someone with that much Resilience personally. But I haven't paid too much attention to it. I can't imagine it though considering it barely hits 12500 on a dummy for me. So it might be crazy DK modifiers that's causing it to hit so hard. Especially if they scale and stack wrong, which might be the case.

-yeh if you got a +shadow damage multiplier it will do much more damage.. but a warrior got 0 of those.. they do have beekeeper stance (which should affect the damage since is a +damage to all attacks .. but it is 3% iirc)

-also the comment about the 13k NON crit average was from a paladin that does have sp (from talents) and +sp damage and +magic damage multipliers (avenging wrath) and was on a raid so likely the boss had +damage taken debuffs

-5k that you get from the average affected by resi+shadow resist is a long way from 9.7k (warriors dont have +shadow damage buffs)

- ALSO: check http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253965766 is a test on that proc made on retail.. a dk tested it naked and with his gear (2.4k haste) results:

mindflay spell doesnt stack with haste
doesnt stack with attack power at all
damage seems fixed somewhere around 12k per tick (hes a DK so he does have +shadow damage buffs and +magic damage taken on target)

note that the DK does the same damage naked and with his gear on.

it turns out it should have he spell hit table.. meaning that for a dk or pala it should always hit.. but for a warrior it should have a 5% miss chance on players (and even more on bosses if they dont have 16% spell hit) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1040084-Gurthalak-questions?p=14582206&&viewfull=1#post14582206 it also seems to inherit the players spell crit and it crits as a spell .. meaning 150% damage crits (from the same post) . this player found out the base damage of the spell should be 12.5k per tick of the heroic weapon[b]

so i think we can safety assume the damage per tick should be 13k non crits

ill try see if i can get a warrior and a dk with that weapon and check the damage (sadly is more comon to see players with this weapon in arena than in raids >.< )

0 0

Lunia

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 08-06-2013, 12:13:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Inanis wrote:
ill try see if i can get a warrior and a dk with that weapon and check the damage (sadly is more comon to see players with this weapon in arena than in raids >.< )

Well, on a dummy with no damage modifiers (using Defensive Stance) it does about 12100 per tick normal on my Warrior. The damage varies a bit between 12000 and 12200, it goes a bit above that in Battle or Berserker Stance.

So it's roughly 12000 raw damage. Even then, the values do match up just fine mathematically when it comes to Resilience, so I don't see anything in it being majorly broken. It's just really strong, especially on a Death Knight or Retribution Paladin.

I could calculate it out with math on a Resilience target and try it out, but I'm pretty sure it's working as intended considering I see my tentacles constantly do significantly under 10K damage per tick on targets with Resilience and no other damage reduction effects. 5K-7K ticks and such.

0 0

Inanis

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 10-06-2013, 08:42:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yeh i was checking my combat logs and i had 2 "tentacles" on recount .. one of them was a 9.7 non crit . so im guessing i had a dk on me too.

Damage wise seems ok, couldnt check the ticks , saw 11 so it seems ok too since they nchanged it to last 12 secs. warrior couldnt stay long to wait for other proc tho.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 28-06-2024, 08:37:38
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x