User
Pass
2FA

Bringing Back Alt Looting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message650
Powerman

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-10-2014 06:55)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 04-12-2013, 14:26:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well, this might end up getting a "No" - but there's no harm in trying.

Anyway - it's been a fact that in most private servers - alt looting is quite common.
That is, a character that was not in the raid group during a boss kill joins in, gets saved, and picks up an item.
In boosts the character, while at the same time getting him saved for an instance to prevent re-doing that action on the same difficulty mode.

On one hand, it's a bug in most private servers, and bugs are a no-no.
One the other hand, it's seen as a workaround by a lot of people, considering the lack of content to progress characters.

For example - back in 4.0.6 - there was a huge disparity in content being that not all BoT/BWD bosses were available, likewise before you could even get to these, there was a lack in the gear you can acquire from dungeons since only three (out of a possible nine) worked at the time.
Similar to 4.3.4 - we only have one new dungeon fully working, only one boss in Firelands, and five bosses in DS with more to come soon.

In this cases - boosting an alt becomes quite a hassle, while items drop that nobody needs or uses and could further benefit a different character - these end up getting disenchanted to waste.

So my hope is that it gets brought back to provide people with more ways to boost additional characters and thereby increase their interest and longetivity of staying in the server.
More characters, and more gear to possibly acquire with those characters, provides activity - which in turn gives people a reason to continue playing.

0 0

Overdozze
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 06-03-2015 02:45)

Votes: 28

Post Posted: 04-12-2013, 15:34:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Powerman wrote:
Well, this might end up getting a "No" - but there's no harm in trying.

Anyway - it's been a fact that in most private servers - alt looting is quite common.
That is, a character that was not in the raid group during a boss kill joins in, gets saved, and picks up an item.
In boosts the character, while at the same time getting him saved for an instance to prevent re-doing that action on the same difficulty mode.

On one hand, it's a bug in most private servers, and bugs are a no-no.
One the other hand, it's seen as a workaround by a lot of people, considering the lack of content to progress characters.

For example - back in 4.0.6 - there was a huge disparity in content being that not all BoT/BWD bosses were available, likewise before you could even get to these, there was a lack in the gear you can acquire from dungeons since only three (out of a possible nine) worked at the time.
Similar to 4.3.4 - we only have one new dungeon fully working, only one boss in Firelands, and five bosses in DS with more to come soon.

In this cases - boosting an alt becomes quite a hassle, while items drop that nobody needs or uses and could further benefit a different character - these end up getting disenchanted to waste.

So my hope is that it gets brought back to provide people with more ways to boost additional characters and thereby increase their interest and longetivity of staying in the server.
More characters, and more gear to possibly acquire with those characters, provides activity - which in turn gives people a reason to continue playing.

And this is blizzlike, how?
You understand that there are ways of exploiting this.I can be a rich *** and buy normal/HC gear.Why should I,who only uses a bot to fish and gets 10000000000000000000 gold per minute(Just an example), be entitled to an item that a raider would have to sacrifice hours of gameplay and hard work to get?Where is the equality?

I abused this in 4.0.6 and geared my friend's shammy ( who was used only for herbalism)in 372 HC gear in less than a month.He didn't even notice and LOL'd when he found out.This is blizzlike?This is what you want?

If you want your alts geared, play on them and do alt runs.Period.

Now please delete this topic.

0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(since 13-08-2024 09:04)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 04-12-2013, 15:59:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Didn't even read. You could've said ANYTHING as argument.

No and simply no. It is not blizzlike and no.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Zohlomg, 04 December 2013 13:59

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 28-09-2024, 23:36:00
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x