User
Pass
2FA

Zon'ozz timers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1045
Ulver

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-01-2015 13:54)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 17-12-2013, 19:22:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
Also to add, drain does have one time and one time only where it's not random, any time black phase ends, Psychic Drain cd is disabled until the ball spawns, to prevent it from ever being first, after the ball is summoned, first drain is always 8.5 seconds after ball exactly, never off by even a second. this drain is awlays dead on and hard coded this way, it is the only one that's this way so remember that secret -

A note on this, it took me a while to crack it but the void has a 90.3 second Cd but there is also a design failsafe mechanic that was causing high variation in that Cd above 6 stacks, i finally cracked it though. there is a failsafe that prevents it from being cast during black phase, or within 6 seconds of black ending on normal, or 15 seconds of it ending on heroic. as a result, if it comes off CD at any point earlier then 6 secodns after black on normal, or 15 seconds after on heroic, the CD will be auto adjusted to the minimum threshold. It's why after 6-7+ bounces it's always x seconds

THe failsafe also is designd to prevent psychic drain from occuring before first void after a black, it's hard coded that first drain is always 8.5 seconds after first void being summoned. So there is never ever a risk despite the variating timing differences based on number of bounces that he will cast drain before ball.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=55308#comments

Fix timers ffs...

0 0

Powerman

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-10-2014 06:55)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 18-12-2013, 04:57:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If that's how things are on Blizzlike scripting - I would love to see that implemented here.

The reason being that, since I primarily play a tank, it does get annoying a bit during PUGs when those melee don't move at all (thereby getting 9-10 bounces instead of 7).
That means the next void orb spawn coincides with a psychic drain as well.

So, it's either you let the void orb spawn from the side - and hope the ranged/healers are alert enough to catch it.
Or the psychic drain hits the raid at the same time.

Either way, you'd get a lot of: "OMG NOOB TANK!" (QQ)- despite them not seeing the flaw in the timers.

0 0

Moofo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-11-2019 18:33)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 18-12-2013, 15:45:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Powerman wrote:

The reason being that, since I primarily play a tank, it does get annoying a bit during PUGs when those melee don't move at all (thereby getting 9-10 bounces instead of 7).

Either way, you'd get a lot of: "OMG NOOB TANK!" (QQ)- despite them not seeing the flaw in the timers.

A tank ! i'm gonna log a tank-ie !

0 0

Starsene

[Bone Fletcher]

(since 21-04-2022 01:09)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 19-12-2013, 01:08:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gaze has a cast timer,if you move behind the boss exactly at the time he is gazing you'll avoid the gaze on the raid and put the void at the right spot.
Get good

0 0

Powerman

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-10-2014 06:55)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 19-12-2013, 02:29:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Starsene wrote:
Gaze has a cast timer,if you move behind the boss exactly at the time he is gazing you'll avoid the gaze on the raid and put the void at the right spot.
Get good

Well like the guy mentioned (at least on retail, as far as I understood) - void and drain shouldn't be cast at the same time (it's deadly on heroic when a bounce gets f'd up).

I personally had a panic moment the first time that occurred to me (heh, new guy effect).
Though it's not much of a problem if the ranged/healers are quick on the pickup to 'catch' it (ie. turning the boss sideways for the drain + spawning the orb a splitsecond later due to f'd up bounces/timers; ranged/healers readjusting position to 'catch').

Just yeah - "pug" problems especially with them people who pretend not to see a stream of: "MOVE AWAY FROM THE BOSS!" raid warnings. LOL.

-

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 23-09-2024, 15:22:04
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x