User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [Warrior][PvP] Bladestorm CC negating effect

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message2538
BlackWorth

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-08-2018 21:14)

Votes: 202

Post Posted: 12-01-2014, 13:31:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wowhead/WoW Freakz Link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=46924&&name=bladestorm
Descrierea bugului / Bug description: Bladestorm can break some CC's when used immediately after they are used against the player. (All stuns, All roots, Death Coil exception: Cyclone)
Dovada / Proof:

Blizzard Forum: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2086998980
Retail Video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=DMvBtobHZVY:

More proof will be posted if needed.

0 0

Pirinush

[Little Pandawan]

(since 31-12-2018 12:27)

Votes: 190

Post Posted: 12-01-2014, 13:39:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Post proof from our server, that it doesn't work like on blizzard
0 0

nero

[hectic]

(since 08-12-2022 15:26)

Votes: 71

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 12-01-2014, 14:22:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

youtube comment wrote:
"nuizgaming
2 years ago
in reply to xijnnijx

@xijnnijx You can only do it the second he puts cc on you, it's almost impossible to do it on purpose, I just do it sometimes by accident"

Spell delay,lag,bla bla ftw , "it's almost impossible to do it on purpose" okay ?

blizz forum comment wrote:
"I assume this is not intended but of course I understand that the client server nature of the game can have an unusual effect on spells and abilities.

From what this guy observed this is not not supposed to happen , it just does due to some unexpected circumstances .

Are you by any chance asking us to provide you with an unintended side effect ? Because in a way this is what you are saying .

" you are "

0 0

Xelcyon

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-06-2014 18:44)

Votes: 181

Post Posted: 12-01-2014, 17:20:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nerolol wrote:
youtube comment wrote:
"nuizgaming
2 years ago
in reply to xijnnijx

@xijnnijx You can only do it the second he puts cc on you, it's almost impossible to do it on purpose, I just do it sometimes by accident"

Spell delay,lag,bla bla ftw , "it's almost impossible to do it on purpose" okay ?

blizz forum comment wrote:
"I assume this is not intended but of course I understand that the client server nature of the game can have an unusual effect on spells and abilities.

From what this guy observed this is not not supposed to happen , it just does due to some unexpected circumstances .

Are you by any chance asking us to provide you with an unintended side effect ? Because in a way this is what you are saying .

actually i played retail from 4.2-5.4.2 this bladestorm breaks CC is totally right . and in the video it was even a pre-bladestorm with skype prolly. but you have like way more time to use bladestorm . its like . you can bladestorm cheap shot if you see a rogue coming. "cheap shot -> spam bladestorm and you have like 0.3 sec to use it. i NEVER got any deep freeses on retail since i found about this. also when they nerfed bladestorm i wanted to go for it since its too much awesomeness against rogues or any other ,but then they buffed it again .
i shall post abug report that it doesnt work here after a bit
take care

0 0

Xelcyon

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 12-01-2014, 18:55:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There (this clip war recorded on Ragnaros EU (cuz Outland had 1k que :< ) )
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_JvLZIuF2Nk:

.be
since i cant go back in time i can only show you how it works but look at this also . ALL the comments
Since patch 4.1 ppl have been reacting strangely to bladestorm and that is because they've changed it just like i showed it in the video :
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2086998980

date of this topic : 10/05/2011

Some lines from the topic :
"Indeed if you go Bladestorm right after mage deepfreeze you, you will get free. Neat. "
"Can remove sheep, blind, kidney, hex, DF, RoF and so on.. "
"Brb rolling warrior. " (lol)
"It gets me out of kidneys alot since patch. "
"Indeed, seen it happen "
"It does indeed remove kidneys atleast, happened alot. "

and if you come at me with "its from panda and blah blah" as i said earlier i got the idea from a gnome warrior that was clearly playing in cata NOT IN mop beta neither pre-mop. it was years ago , i was searching for almost an hour for the video as well as my friend did , but i was unsuccessful.

Last edited by Xelcyon on 12-01-2014, 20:35:05; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Nerd
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 12-11-2014 19:20)

Votes: 51

Post Posted: 12-01-2014, 19:11:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wall of text.... 1 word fix everything : Delay. Hope u wont try to "fix" that on our server....bcz that's a big "bug" . U can u that only bcz of delay, and that's not "working as intended".

"Munca l-a creat pe om, dar nici lenea n-a omorat pe nimeni."
0 0

Xelcyon

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 12-01-2014, 19:21:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nerd wrote:
Wall of text.... 1 word fix everything : Delay. Hope u wont try to "fix" that on our server....bcz that's a big "bug" . U can u that only bcz of delay, and that's not "working as intended".

than why did it work pre 4.1 ? ou i guess bacause it was intended ... give me a break

0 0

odes
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-06-2016 19:30)

Votes: 79

Post Posted: 15-01-2014, 11:42:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sorry but no, that is possible on retail ONLY because of the 0.5 delay it takes for debuffs to be applied on the target - and i assure you that this is a side effect BUG due to that delay (which btw has caused many many bugs on retail since early tbc). Clearly not intended, and blizzard has a tendency to stay silent when it comes to core limitations or bugs that would require alteration of the hard code (ignite munching anyone?) in order to be fixed.
That delay is probably one of the many measures of keeping latency under control since blizzard hosted milions of players (i may be saying bullshit, who knows...but the delay is clearly there and allows alot of weird stuff to happen as a side effect).

Freakz on the other hand has roughly 1.8k players during peak times on average, latency is non-existent here, hence, we do not have this delay on debuff applications implemented, a.k.a. you cant do this unless you were some kind of software bot that could act on a thousandth of a second, otherwise i dont see how you could achieve this on this server.

TL:DR, it might be possible to do on retail thanks to the 0.5 sec delay it takes debuffs to be applied on targets, but here you dont have that delay, so no.

0 0

Xelcyon

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 15-01-2014, 15:02:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

odes wrote:
Sorry but no, that is possible on retail ONLY because of the 0.5 delay it takes for debuffs to be applied on the target :) and i assure you that this is a side effect BUG due to that delay (which btw has caused many many bugs on retail since early tbc). Clearly not intended, and blizzard has a tendency to stay silent when it comes to core limitations or bugs that would require alteration of the hard code (ignite munching anyone?) in order to be fixed.
That delay is probably one of the many measures of keeping latency under control since blizzard hosted milions of players (i may be saying bullshit, who knows...but the delay is clearly there and allows alot of weird stuff to happen as a side effect).

Freakz on the other hand has roughly 1.8k players during peak times on average, latency is non-existent here, hence, we do not have this delay on debuff applications implemented, a.k.a. you cant do this unless you were some kind of software bot that could act on a thousandth of a second, otherwise i dont see how you could achieve this on this server.

TL:DR, it might be possible to do on retail thanks to the 0.5 sec delay it takes debuffs to be applied on targets, but here you dont have that delay, so no.

nobody really asked if wether its a bug or not. its like that on Retail so it should be the same here ..... why do you want to apply something if its different on retail ?
dont get me wrong , but how is that possible that ppl have discovered this in 4.1 when you said "since early TBC"

0 0

Apicica

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-06-2023 10:04)

Votes: 190

Post Posted: 15-01-2014, 16:13:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

My point exactly, you could only do this since 4.1 and we all know WoW had 1.5x-2 more subs back then, than now.

[center][img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2nstauv.png[/img][/center]
[img]http://wow.freakz.ro/sig/Poorguy-Exodus.png[/img]
0 0

odes
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-06-2016 19:30)

Votes: 79

Post Posted: 15-01-2014, 18:00:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Xelcyon wrote:
nobody really asked if wether its a bug or not. its like that on Retail so it should be the same here ..... why do you want to apply something if its different on retail ?
dont get me wrong , but how is that possible that ppl have discovered this in 4.1 when you said "since early TBC"

So...you want this server to get a 0.5 sec debuff application delay just like retail has...just so you can exploit some mechanic that was never intended? Because that would be the only LEGIT way to achieve it.

Any other alteration would be absolute bullshit since nowhere in Bladestorm's tooltip does it say it can be used while cc'd. Any attempt to simulate that .5 sec delay side effect (other than actually implementing the damn thing) would be complete crap that would have absolutely nothing to do with blizzlike design (in case someone gets some crazy idea to make bladestorm usable in the first sec after getting cc'd)

Edit: Now that i think about it, its probably even more complicated than just that .5 sec delay, maybe blizzard servers handled cc/talent/debuff checks differently, or maybe it was done in 2 steps (which is highly likely), or some other way that made this possible with that .5 sec delay. Bottom line, its not that simple, its definitely NOT intended, im sure devs here wouldn't want to bother trying to replicate unintended bugs especially since it would require alteration of the core.

And btw,

The delay has been there since early tbc, actual side effects caused by it evolved and began to be more noticeable much later on when game mechanics got more complex, and shit started hitting the fan real hard in cataclysm as it brought alot of new mechanics to the table.

0 1

Xelcyon

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 15-01-2014, 20:11:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

odes wrote:
Xelcyon wrote:

So...you want this server to get a 0.5 sec debuff application delay just like retail has...just so you can exploit some mechanic that was never intended? Because that would be the only LEGIT way to achieve it.

Any other alteration would be absolute bullshit since nowhere in Bladestorm's tooltip does it say it can be used while cc'd. Any attempt to simulate that .5 sec delay side effect (other than actually implementing the damn thing) would be complete crap that would have absolutely nothing to do with blizzlike design (in case someone gets some crazy idea to make bladestorm usable in the first sec after getting cc'd)

Edit: Now that i think about it, its probably even more complicated than just that .5 sec delay, maybe blizzard servers handled cc/talent/debuff checks differently, or maybe it was done in 2 steps (which is highly likely), or some other way that made this possible with that .5 sec delay. Bottom line, its not that simple, its definitely NOT intended, im sure devs here wouldn't want to bother trying to replicate unintended bugs especially since it would require alteration of the core.

And btw,

The delay has been there since early tbc, actual side effects caused by it evolved and began to be more noticeable much later on when game mechanics got more complex, and shit started hitting the fan real hard in cataclysm as it brought alot of new mechanics to the table.

i want to have retail feeling . thats all . if i can do that on retail than it should be like that on privates as well . no complains

0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 15-01-2014, 21:27:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You do realise that you can only achieve that by 'luck'? How is that ever in 'retail feeling'?

I doubt we will ever implement this.

0 1

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by nerolol, 15 January 2014 19:39

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 06-05-2024, 06:39:24
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x