User
Pass
2FA

Shaman [PvP]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message3816
Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

(since 10-04-2020 14:57)

Votes: 50

Post Posted: 07-07-2015, 18:19:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There are here shamans that play pvp? Or pve addicted all?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sylvanas/mostfckedup
0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(online 4 days ago)

Votes: 872

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 07-07-2015, 21:37:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Magicqtz wrote:
There are here shamans that play pvp? Or pve addicted all?

PvE addicted , PvP casual for shaman at least

0 0

Helena

[The wild one]

(since 03-02-2022 10:33)

Votes: 94

Post Posted: 07-07-2015, 22:24:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Magicqtz wrote:
There are here shamans that play pvp?

i'm here -

https://www.freakz.ro/forum/RO-Shaman-Elemental-5.4.8-PvE-Guide-t395168.html
0 0

Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

Post Posted: 08-07-2015, 13:05:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Too few...

Ok, im playing at 2k+ as enhance (elem is not viable for pvp now) and i met almost all teams from arena ladder.

Srrsly is *** hell to do dmg compare to other classes and i saw that enhance spec has 1-2 random bugs but not so important.

The conclusion, or there are something bugs undiscovered or the actually gear is not compatible with 5.4, srrsly on blizz shamans were on top 10, even more that.

I know the majority is happy playing pve with shaman, but at pvp is not good what it happens now.

I will give an example, especially vs resto druid.

My important stats ( i won't say all of them) :
AP : 25k unbuffed
Mastery : 47%
Pvp power : 49%

I go 90% of the time over 30k AP and i can't break the dots heal of rdruid.

Compare with my stats the dmg of enhance is very low, only in Ascendance i can pump a little pressure, but in rest is very disappointed.

What i said, on blizz enhance and also elem was in top 10 at pvp, even rank 1 at tournaments.

I want to point that i know very well this class, 5 years xp, AT player over 2,2k +, on freakz 2,4k+

Last edited by Magicqtz on 08-07-2015, 14:28:15; edited 3 times in total
0 0

beasthuntres

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-07-2018 15:12)

Votes: 37

Post Posted: 08-07-2015, 13:14:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Magicqtz wrote:
Too few...

Ok, im playing at 2k+ as enhance (elem is not viable for pvp now) and i met almost all teams from arena ladder.

Srrsly is *** hell to do dmg compare to other classes and i saw that an enhance spec has 1-2 random bugs but not so important.

The conclusion, or there are something bugs undiscovered, srrsly on blizz shamans were on top 10, even more that.

I know the majority is happy playing pve with shaman, but at pvp is not good what it happens now.

I will give an example, especially vs resto druid.

My important stats ( i won't say all of them) :
AP : 25k unbuffed
Mastery : 47%
Pvp power : 49%

I go 90% of the time over 30k AP and i can't break the dots heal of rdruid.

Compare with my stats the dmg of enhance is very low, only in Ascendance i can pump a little pressure, but in rest is very disappointed.

What i said, on blizz enhance and also elem was in top 10 at pvp, even rank 1 at tournaments.

Well I dunno much about enha pvp.. but from what i saw in world pvp/bgs its good?
Anyway I'll start PvPing once we get throne of thunder phase(as elem tho) so it should get better till then.

0 0

wrathy

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-03-2018 14:37)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 08-07-2015, 14:56:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If this is a general question about Shaman and PVP, I'd say that a Shaman has a role in that. I am in no way claiming you are ignorant or whatever, this is my point of view and you are entitled to have your own point of view. I will be making some statements that will not apply to people with a high amount of experience with the class and PVP in Pandaria.

Enhancement: This spec largely suffers from the fact that it is "burst into nothing". You need to inflict major damage in the first few seconds of close combat with the few abilities that you have. After this moment you have a period where you can mainly CC opponents with Frost Shock, Wind Shear and Earth totems. When opponents are aware of this, you can be facing people that pop defensive cooldowns to migrate the damage and then you become a sitting duck. Facing healers becomes even worse, since in your non-burst period they can heal easily (especially druids since interrupting HoTs is not possible).
Another issue I find with Enhancement is, that as a melee you are kinda in need of a "burst team" composition. You need to all jump on one person, kill that person and then take the non-burst period to CC the leftovers and re-engage after.

Elemental: This should be by far the best Shaman PVP spec. Elemental PVP is like Enhancement, but with more benefits. You can shoot from a distance, burst with Ascendance (probability ppl will be dieing) and maintain pressure when your burst is over. This in the form of totems, shooting when walking and ghost wolf repositioning. Your only weakness is the fact you have very few escapes against sticky opponents (e.g. rogues, warriors). Also, there are more melee in PVP so playing a ranged DPS ensures that in BGs the odds are that you will have some muscle between yourself and the opponents.

Restoration: Where Restoration Shamans shine in PvE, they are kind of lacklustre in PVP. You have little defensive cooldown (compared to other healers) and rely mostly on Riptide to make other spells better for the moments you can squeeze in a heal. You are large depending on your group to CC opponents on the right moment so you can heal them.

To answer your question if there are Shamans that PVP; currently I do not. This has nothing to do with the class or anything. I am just too impatient to wait for RBG pops and there for also do not have the gear to properly be doing arenas. I am planning to swap my Enhancement spec towards Elemental, which would make for better options in regards towards me PVPing.

0 0

Helena

[The wild one]

(since 03-02-2022 10:33)

Votes: 94

Post Posted: 08-07-2015, 15:36:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i miss elemental from wotlk Sigh

https://www.freakz.ro/forum/RO-Shaman-Elemental-5.4.8-PvE-Guide-t395168.html
0 0

Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

Post Posted: 08-07-2015, 17:41:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Helena wrote:

If 2p bonus will be fixed, oficially elem will be viable.
Have fun.

0 0

Amfetaminazew

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-05-2017 08:58)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 13-07-2015, 16:03:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

2k+ cr Enhancement Shaman
To be honest, I don't really understand what you're trying to say.
It doesn't have enough damage?
Yeah .. there's a huge difference between Ascendance and the damage without it, it must be like that.

0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(online 4 days ago)

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 17-07-2015, 20:58:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lava Lash is still benefiting 8% only from each searing stack rather than 20% it may affect pvp ABIT i guess.. echo got a bit nerfed on PvE due to a custom ICD so yeah what other negative bugs do you know apart of these?

0 0

frid@y

[shamaniancutotemqtro]

(since 13-06-2020 22:18)

Votes: 125

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 18-07-2015, 00:14:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Helena wrote:

Old Fire Nova <3

Music

1 0

Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

Post Posted: 31-07-2015, 19:34:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amfetaminazew wrote:
2k+ cr Enhancement Shaman
To be honest, I don't really understand what you're trying to say.
It doesn't have enough damage?
Yeah .. there's a huge difference between Ascendance and the damage without it, it must be like that.

I've played at 2,1k + that's not the point, i figure it out finally.

Orga you can close the topic.

0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(online 4 days ago)

Post Posted: 31-07-2015, 20:17:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Locked as requested.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Orga, 31 July 2015 18:17

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 15-05-2024, 01:11:52
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x