User
Pass
2FA

Error taking quest (gray exclamation point quest marker)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1633
bboy79

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2015 12:23)

Post Posted: 16-08-2015, 17:12:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi all -

I am doing the legendary daggers quest line, but I'm having problems taking the Our Man in Gilneas quest. I talked with the quest giver (Wrathion) to finish the previous quest (To Catch a Thief). When I accepted "Our Man in Gilneas", it gave an error saying that I did not have the prerequisites for the quest, and the quest exclamation point over Wrathion became gray. After investigating, I noticed that I needed to have a certain item - Singed Cipher - on my inventory in order to accept the quest, which I didn't. So I went to get the item, and now I have it but I can't seem to retake the quest, as the quest marker over Wrathion is still gray. I have already tried to logoff, close and reopen the game, even /reload and nothing.

Is there any thing I can do to reset the npc in order for him to let me take the quest?

Cheers, and thank you in advance!

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 16-08-2015, 18:07:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, bboy79!
Did yo try deleting your cache folder? Try deleting your cache and post a screenshot with the result afterwards.
Also you might want to use freakz quest helper tool @ https://www.wow-freakz.com/quest_helper.php?quest=30092&&name=our-man-in-gilneas
Also you may find this guide helpful: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fangs-of-the-father-legendary-daggers-quest-line
There might be another guide for FotF written by freakz users specially for this server, but I will have to check it out latter.
Cheers, Ash.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

bboy79

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 16-08-2015, 18:12:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi Ashcool -

Thank you for your answer. I found out that I needed the item through this guide. Just wishing that I had found this sooner - I'll delete the cache folder now, and post the screenshot as soon as I have it!

Cheers

Edit: I deleted both Cache and Data/Cache folders. Didn't help :/ Here's the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/mVx5n3J.jpg (didn't directly embed the image since it's really big)

0 0

bboy79

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 17-08-2015, 01:37:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So, I've tried a bunch of different stuff. Login in, login out, deleting the cache and data/cache folders, abandoning quests, accepting and completing quests... I even went and kill the guy that the quest would tell me to lol. Nothing works, and everything is still as the screenshot I posted in my previous post.

Another thing. The message that it gave me when I failed to accept the quest was "you do not meet the requirements for this quest". I must've been confused earlier when I talked about prerequisites, and I am sorry for misleading you. But the actual message was this one. I am sure of it because I had seen this message before, everytime I tried to undertake a quest that needed other quests to be finished before. In other words, the requirement in those cases was to finish the remaining quests, while here was to have the singed cipher item. The thing is, whenever this happened to me, it would solve itself as soon as I delivered any other quest to the npc - in this case, i have the item and it didn't fix itself - and there are no more quests to deliver to him (if it where, this would probably be solved like the other cases i've mentioned). I apologize if my explanation is confusing :/

Cheers

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

Post Posted: 17-08-2015, 01:57:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hey, bboby79!
I did some research both on our forums and some external sources and didn't find out any pre requirements. Did you try deleting the cipher, deleting the quest, then picking new item and taking the quest again? If this does not work I'm out of options. If it doesn't work maybe it is best to open ingame ticket?
Keep us posted with your issue!
Kind regards, Ash.

0 0

bboy79

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 17-08-2015, 02:25:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The problem is that I don't have any quest to delete - and there are no requirements for it. My guess is that in retail, you would have the item in your inventory when taking the quest. Since I did not have it, it gave the "no requirements" error and it entered some undefined behavior type of state (in other words, bug). I'll try deleting the item and picking it up again. If it doesn't work, I'll open a ticket -

Thank you for all your help, Ash! Really felt like I was not alone in this crusade -

Regards, bboy

EDIT: Didn't work. I'll open an ingame ticket as soon as the server restarts - hopefully they'll be able to help me - thanks once again for all the help!

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

Post Posted: 17-08-2015, 02:45:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not a problem!
Sorry that I couldn't do a better job for you, but I'm currently unavailable ingame but only on forums, so I couldn't really find a better solution. :/
Game masters here are quite nice, so I believe your issue will get solved in a timely manner!
Good luck, Ash.

0 0

Ravenous

[Retired E5150]

(since 28-12-2023 12:30)

Votes: 234

Post Posted: 17-08-2015, 07:22:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You can open a ticket asking a GM to remove the "Rewarded" status of http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29847/to-catch-a-thief for your character.

I AM NO LONGER A GAMEMASTER, PLEASE SEE SERVER STAFF

0 0

bboy79

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 17-08-2015, 10:07:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Awesome, I'll do that - thank you!
0 0

AndreiOptyck
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 07-09-2015 11:17)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 17-08-2015, 15:42:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Young padawan don't fear by quests because
Young padawan,fear is a trait of darkside

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Ashcool, 17 August 2015 15:32

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 19-05-2024, 16:35:12
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password