User
Pass
2FA

[EN] Archaeology guide 1 - 600

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message13976
Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-10-2015, 05:09:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings,
Here's a small guide on how to level archaeology 1-600 with an ease. This guide is made for patch 5.4 and credits go to exploringwow & wow-professions

How does archaeology works?
At character level 20 you can train Archaeology Apprentice from an Archaeology Trainer. Once you have trained, your world map will display the dig sites that are available for you to survey. The dig sites appear as spade symbols on your world map when you are looking at a continent-level view. There are always 4 dig sites displayed per continent. Once you clear one, another will appear. The dig sites are unique to you, that is, you won’t need to compete with anyone else to survey them.
Spoiler:

When you zoom in to a zone-level view the dig sites are displayed as transparent orange shaded areas on your world map. You will need to travel into the shaded area in order to begin surveying. Each dig site can be surveyed six times. After six surveys, the dig site will be exhausted and a new dig site will appear on your world map.
Spoiler:

Once inside the shaded area you will need to use the Survey skill to try and find archaeology fragments. Performing a survey will generate one of four results. You could find a fragment, in which case the fragment will be displayed on the ground for you to pick up. Otherwise, if you don’t discover a fragment immediately, a small tripod will display. The direction of the scope on the tripod will indicate in which direction you should move to find the fragment. The color of the light on the tripod will indicate how close you are to the fragment, that is:
* Red – quite far from the fragment
* Yellow – somewhat nearby to the fragment
* Green – very close to the fragment
Spoiler:

The fragments you discover will depend on the location of the dig site. There are twelve different groups that the fragments could be associated with, some of which only become accessible at higher levels of skill. As you collect fragments for new groups, new archaeology projects will be revealed. Each project requires a specific number of fragments in ordered for it to be solved. Once sufficient fragments have been collected you can solve the project and receive the archaeological item associated with that project.

Each set of fragments you collect will increase your archaeology skill level by one. Each solved project will provide a 5 level increase in skill. Projects for rare and epic items will provide a 15 level increase in skill, although these are unlikely to occur until higher skill levels.

Leveling Archaeology 76-150
Level 20 Character Required

Learn Journeyman Archaeology from a Archaeology trainer.
At this level you can survey dig sites in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor and find fragements for the following groups: Dwarf, Fossil, Night Elf and Troll.

Leveling Archaeology 151-225
Level 20 Character Required

Learn Expert Archaeology from a Archaeology trainer.
At this level you can survey dig sites in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor and find fragements for the following groups: Dwarf, Fossil, Night Elf and Troll.

Leveling Archaeology 226-300
Level 35 Character required

Learn Artisan Archaeology from a Archaeology trainer

Leveling Archaeology 301-375
Level 50 Character required

Learn Master Archaeology from a Archaeology trainer
At level 300 dig sites in Outland become available. In Outland you can find fragments for the following groups: Draenei and Orc.
Some feel it is faster to level Archaeology at these levels in Outland as the fragments will only be for one of two groups, and this should mean they accumulate faster to solve projects. However, the Draenei and Orc projects usually require 45 fragments versus just 30 fragments for most of the Dwarf, Fossil, Night Elf and Troll projects. My opinion is that if you’re currently leveling in Outland then survey dig sites there, but if you’re powerleveling Archaeology on a high level character stick to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor and you’ll clear the levels faster in the long haul.

Leveling Archaeology 376-450
Level 65 Character required

Learn Grand Master Archaeology from a Archaeology trainer
At level 375 dig sites in Northrend become available. In Northrend you can find fragments for the following groups: Nerubian and Vrykul.
The same logic applies here as to Outland – if you’re leveling in Northrend then survey the local dig sites, otherwise stick to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

Leveling Archaeology 451-525
Level 75 Character required

Learn Illustrious Grand Master Archaeology (wowhead link) from a Archaeology trainer
At level 450 dig sites in the Cataclysm zones within the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor become available. The important zone is Uldum which is the only location where you can find fragments for the group: Tol’vir. As Uldum is part of Kalimdor, it will occasionally appear as one of the 4 random dig sites for that continent.
At level 500 dig sites in the Pandaria zones become available. In Pandaria you can find fragments for the following groups: Mogu and Pandaren.
Continue leveling Archaeology in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor for the fastest progress.

Leveling Archaeology 526-600
Level 80 Character required

Learn Zen Master Archaeology (wowhead link) from a Archaeology trainer
The same logic applies here as to Outland and Northrend – if you’re leveling in Pandaria then survey the local dig sites, otherwise stick to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
At level 600 the final group becomes available: Mantid. Mantid dig sites can be found in Townlong Steppes and the Dread Wastes in Pandaria.

Hope this guide was somehow useful and made leveling archaeology much easier for you!

Here's a list of ALL rare and upper quality interesting artifacts:
1) Vanilla
1.1) Dwarf

1.2) Fossil
- Combat pet
1.3) Night Elf

1.4) Troll

2) The Burning Crusade
2.1) Draenei

2.2) Orc

3) Wrath of the Lich King
3.1) Nerubian

3.2) Vrykyl

4) Cataclysm
4.1) Tol'Vir

5) Mists of Pandaria
5.1) Mantid

5.2) Mogu

5.3) Pandaren

Cheers, Ash.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

Last edited by Ashcool on 02-12-2015, 21:49:49; edited 2 times in total
6 0

Ventress90

[Assasin]

(since 09-10-2017 00:02)

Votes: 105

Post Posted: 22-10-2015, 10:46:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Great and simple guide! Have my like.

Also - is the list of rare/epic items from Archeology long? like the staves which can me made from it and Zinrok (however it is typed)?

| The COMPLETE Rogue PvE guide | Legendary Cloak Questline - GUIDE |

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

Post Posted: 22-10-2015, 11:55:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It is quite long, since you are intrested I will update it tonight once I'm back from work.

0 0

Ventress90

[Assasin]

Post Posted: 22-10-2015, 15:00:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks - I find it more convenient having it here within the guide instead of checking out wowhead which is hectic in my view. Plus I want to finish archeology since it's the only thing I haven't done on my main...

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

Post Posted: 29-10-2015, 16:32:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Ventress90 - updated with rare list. Sorry it took me so long but I was quite busy.

Cheers, Ash.

1 0

Ventress90

[Assasin]

Post Posted: 30-10-2015, 07:39:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ashcool wrote:
@Ventress90 - updated with rare list. Sorry it took me so long but I was quite busy.

Cheers, Ash.

Thank you so much! I'm sure not only I will have fun with this now!

1 0

kona

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-03-2016 00:19)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 21-02-2016, 20:47:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for the guide!

0 0

Gogumen

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-07-2017 14:18)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 11-04-2017, 14:23:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for the guide!
0 0

LazzarReigns

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-09-2018 20:51)

Post Posted: 19-08-2018, 22:13:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I have a question... I have tons of grey stuff from archeology, where can I sell or vend this stuff because some are 200k worth and a stack of them is not less money - the normal salesman doesn't want this stuff.
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 10:38:29
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x