User
Pass
2FA

[EN] Restoration Shaman 5.4.8 PvE Guide

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message29954
hujulikes

[STAR]

(since 04-09-2022 15:35)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 14-01-2016, 15:41:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Restoration Shaman PvE 5.4.8

Content:
1. Introduction.
2. Choosing the race.
3. Talents.
4. Glyphs.
5. Major changes.
6. Important spells.
7. Priorities&cd's.
8. Stats.
9. Gems&Enchants.
10. Consumables.
11. BiS Gear.

1.Introduction:

As we all know choosing a shaman as character is very hard , you have to look at 3 specs before you want to play it , today we will cover the restoration spec.Restoration is a spec of healing who needs alot of attention and knowledge , like for example in 4.3.4 you could've solo Dragon Soul 25h with a resto shammy, and in my opinion in 5.4.8 we can obtain the maximum performance

2.Choosing the race:

Horde:
Troll with: Berserking
Goblin with : Time is Money
Pandaren with Epicurean

Alliance(the only good one is Pandaren but one that you should consider can be):
Draenei with Gift of the Naaru

3.Talents:

Astral Shift can reduce 40% of the damage , last for 6 sec.
Nature's Guardian it's a personal rallying cry , it's important to notice that it the effect cannot occur more often than once every 30 seconds.The talent will activate if you are below 30% hp.
Bluwark Totem it's a totem that gives the shaman a shield that can absorb 100k damage and additional 30k over 5 seconds.

All of the talents are good , you can change them depending on which boss you are encountering , i am preffering Nature's Guardian.

Windwalk Totem it's good in encounters where you or your raid members face problems with mobility.
Earthgrab Totem it's good where you need to root adds , for example Will of the Emperor adds.
Frozen Power is pvp wise talent.

All of them can be used depending of the boss you are facing, i preffer to use Windwalk Totem.

Call of the elements it's a good talent that can help us to reset the cd's of totems like: Healing Stream Totem
Totemic Projection can help us to move our totems , i dont thinks it's working well on Freakz.
Totemic Persistance can help us put multiple totems without unsummon the older ones.

Overall Call of the elements it's better than the others.

Elemental Mastery offer us 30% , it's good for regaining mana using Glyph of Telluric Currents.
Ancestral Swiftness it's a talent that offer us 5% passive haste + instant cast of whatever spell that have a cast time <10 sec.
Echo of the Elements it's a talent that is duplicating a spell.Not good because it's not an active talent and you can't control the proc.The chance to overheal are higher.

I am using Elemental Mastery for that 30% haste and the reason behind it is: in majority of the encounters you will have a time break or i should call "non damage period" where you can use this talent in order to regain mana using Glyph of Telluric Currents just by spamming lightning bolt's, of course you can use this talent for encounters where you need to cast the spell's faster , for example Lei Shi's "Get Away".

Rushing Streams it's a talent that allows Healing Stream Totem to heal 2 players at once.
Ancestral Guidance it is one of the biggest cd that shaman can have , his overall healing output is bigger than Ascendance.
Conductivity.Healing Wave , GHW, Healing Surge ,Chain Heal are making the duration longer on Healing Rain.

In encounters where you dont face bigger damage and you need mana for some healing intesive phase you can choose Conductivity.In encounters where you need an extra cooldown or the encounter dosen't last long you can use Ancestral Guidance.
For example at Sha of Fear hc i was using Ancestral Guidance because in phase 2 you need that "Guidance" at huddle in terror(Note that sha of fear is a long encounter but you dont need Conductivity because the raid won't be stacked and your mana will be reseted after you enter in phase 2).For example at Protectors of the Endless i was using Conductivity which requires mana conservation till the last phase.

Unleashed Fury is boosting the next direct heal used by 50%.
Primal Elementalist will make our Elementals to be more powerfull and you can use 2 new abilities: Empower (wowhead link) and Reinforce (wowhead link) which boost our heal by 10%.
Elemental Blast is a spell that can be casted on enemies and after that it will give randomly a 3500 Haste/Crit/Mastery.

At the moment i am using Unleashed Fury because overall is better than other 2 talents , but whenPrimal Elementalist will be fixed i will use that.

4.Glyphs:

Glyphs should be used based on the encounter you are facing , but these glyphs i am using most of the time:
Major Glyphs:
1.Glyph Of Healing Stream Totem 10% reduced damage for the one who is healed by the totem.

2.Glyph of Telluric Currents is helping us to regenerate mana by casting lightning bolt.

3.Glyph of Riptide gives Riptide 0s cooldown , it is good for applying Tidal Waves and Ancestral Vigor + good for encounters with high mobility.

*Glyphe situationale/optionale:

Glyph of Water Shield dosen't work well on Freakz but when it will be fixed it can provide a good mana management.

Glyph of Healing Wave.

Minor Glyphs:
1.Glyph of Flaming Serpent

2.Glyph of Deluge

3.Glyph of Astral Recall

5.Major changes:

We now have auras instead of buffs:
Grace of Airand Burning Wrath

Restorative Waves is a new passive.

Ascendance is a new healing cd.

Ancestral Focus is reducing the pushback.

Spiritual Insight.

Earthliving Weapon it last 10 seconds and the chance to activate is 100% at target who are below 35% HP + it is boosting healing rain effectiveness by 30%.

Tidal Waves no changes at all.

Healing Tide Totem new healing cd and it can be used by Resto/Enha/Elemental.

Stormlash Totem it's a new dps boosing totem and it can be used by Enha/Elemental/Restoration.

6.Spells:

Riptide It is a spell that apply the buff: Tidal Waves ,it is good to use riptide because of his low cooldown and mana cost , you can use it in combination with: Glyph of Riptide.

Chain Heal it is a spell that heals up to 4 players , like Riptide apply the buffTidal Waves.

Healing Rain one of the best aoe healing spells that shaman have.It is a pool that heal whoever person is inside.

Earth Shield it is a shield that activate when damage is took , it will heal.Has 9 charges.

Healing Wave Healing Wave is a good single target healing spell that dosen't cost too much mana and is good in combination with Tidal Waves for reduced cast time.

Healing Surge it is an emergency single target healing spell that have a high mana cost.Use it only in emergency situations.

Earthliving it is a good HoT and it comes with a 30% increased heal buff.

7.Priorities and cd's:

Apply Earth Shield on tanks , but we can use the shield on other players if they are supposed to take damage.
Always have Tidal Wavesbuff active and use Healing Wave as main healing single targe spell, if raid/party member is low HP , quickly use Healing Surge.As a HoT(healing over time) you can useRiptide.
As AoE heal the best choice is Healing Rain (wowhead link) when the raid is stacked or at least a group is stacked.Healing Rain (wowhead link) works very good with Conductivity (wowhead link).If Healing Rain (wowhead link) cannot mantain the raid up you should use Chain Heal.Try as much as possible to use Chain Heal in combination with Riptide for 25% bonus.
If the raid is at 55%-35% HP use Ancestral Guidance and spam Chain Heal.
If the raid is at 30%-20% HP us Healing Tide Totem (wowhead link) + Ascendance + spam Chain Heal
If the raid will take a big damage , like Overload from Stone Guard , use Spirit Link Totem or if the damage is continuing you can use spirit link but only if there are players that are over 40% hp.
For mana regen we got Mana Tide Totem + Glyph of Telluric Currents
If you dont have mobility or you are far away from the raid and you need to heal them quickly use: Spiritwalker's Grace+ Ancestral Guidance

8.Stats:

Stats depends from encounter to encounter , mostly i am using:
1.Intell>Spirit>Haste>Crit≥Mastery
2.Intell>Spirit>Mastery>Haste>Crit

1.Why i am using Crit≥Mastery it's because we got: Resurgence which help us to regenerate mana by doing crits with HW,HS,Riptide,Earthliving,Chain Heal.But dont forget , don't add very much crit , add crit to the point you are comfortable with it and with mana regeneration over crits.If you use too much crit you will tend to overheal and you will waste mana for nothing.
2.Why Mastery?Deep Healing if the targetet player is let's say 20% HP , our mastery will be very effective and we most likely to make him full HP with just one GHW or HS. Mastery on shaman is very easly to understand , if the player is low HP , Deep Healing will boost our effectiveness depending on how much mastery we got , but if the player is near 100% HP , mastery wont work at all.
Mastery for nerds:
% Healing Increase = (-1 x Max Deep Healing % x HP of target) + (Max Deep Healing %)
Mastery for new Rshammy players
Player/s < 100% hp, Mastery is better than Haste(mastery>cast time) for Healing Rain , Riptide , UnleashLife
Player/s < 66.7% hp, Mastery is better than Crit for Chain Heal , Healing Wave , Greater Healing Wave.
Player/s < 46.7% hp, Mastery is better than Crit for all of the single target heals or aoe healing spells.

Haste Breakpoints:
Spoiler:

Haste Breakpoints Goblins:
Spoiler:

Under 500 ilvl we will use:
Intell>Spirit>Haste(871)>Mastery>Crit

Under 530 ilvl we will use:
Intell>Spirit>Haste(5676)>Mastery≥Crit

Over 530 ilvl we will use:
Intell>Spirit>Haste(7613)>Crit≥Mastery(5400)

9.Gems&Enchant:

Gems:
Red:Brilliant Primordial Ruby160 Intellect.Use this gems if you can't reach 30k spellpower.

Blue:Sparkling River's Hate320 Spirit.Use this gems if you have troubles with mana.

Purple:Purified Imperial Amethyst80 Intellect+160 Spirit.Use this gems if you have problems with mana+spellpower.

Yellow:Artful Vermilion Onyx80 Intellect+160 Mastery.Use this gems if your gear dosen't got very much mastery or if you got like 40.70% mastery to make 41% because on freakz what is after comma it dosent count.

Potent Vermilion Onyx 80 Intellect +160 Crit.Use this gems if you cant balance your crit with your mastery

Reckless Vermilion Onyx80 Intell + 160 Haste.Use this gems if you have trouble reaching your haste cap.

Meta:Revitalizing Primal Diamond432 Spirit + 3% Critical Effect.

Ember Primal Diamond216 Intell + 2% Maximum Mana.

Burning Primal Diamond216 Intell + 3% Critical Effect.

Legendary:Courageous Primal Diamond324 Intell + chance for next spell to cost no mana.At the moment RPPM is bugged on freakz so be careful if you want to donate for this.

Enchants:
Greater Crane Wing Inscription200 Intell+ 100 Critical Strike, you can make this with: Inscription.
Secret Crane Wing Inscription (wowhead link)520 Intell + 100 Critical Strike, you can make this with: Inscription.

Enchant Cloak - Superior Intellect180 Intell, you can make this with: Enchanting.

Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats80 all stats , you cna make this with: Enchanting.

Enchant Chest - Mighty Spirit200 Spirit, you can make this with: Enchanting.

Super Intellect170 Intell, you can make this with: Enchanting.

Fur Lining adauga 500 Intell, you can make this with: Leatherworking.

Enchant_Gloves-Superior Mastery170 Mastery, you can make this with: Enchanting.

Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste170 Haste, you can make this with: Enchanting.

Greater Pearlescent Spellthread285 Intell + 165 Spirit, you can make this with: Tailoring.

Enchant Boots - Pandaren's StepMovement Speed + 140 Mastery, you can make this with: Enchanting.

Enchant Boots - Greater Haste175 Haste, you can make this with: Enchanting.

Enchant Ring - Greater Intellect160 Intell, you can make this with:Enchanting.

Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit1650 Intell+750 Spirit (when under 25% mana), you can make this with: Enchanting.

Enchant Off-Hand - Major Intellect165 Intell, you can make this with:Enchanting

10.Consumables:

Flask:

Flask of the Warm Sun1000 Intellect for 60 minutes.

Flask of Falling Leaves 1000 Spirit for 60 minutes.

Food:

Mogu Fish Stew300 Intellect for 60 minutes.

Steamed Crab Surprise300 Spirit for 60 de minutes.

Potions:

Potion of the Jade Serpent4000 for 25 seconds.

Master Mana Potion 30k mana instantly.

11. BiS Gear(coming soon with ToT gear):

Last Edit:14/01/2016(Guide was updated in English)
Side Notes: I am playing shaman since cataclysm , i soloed instances like Firelands,Baradin Hold , DragonSoul on both 10/25 Normal and 10/25 Heroic
On MoP i've been at all Realm First's except Shaekzer+ i've soloed Mogushan Vaults(except Will of the Emperor),Terrace of Endless Springs and Heart of Fear on both 10 Normal/Heroic
https://youtube.com/watch?v=PKR5yEs-:

http://imgur.com/XSApkoX
http://imgur.com/bbeZ6ZM
At this moment i dont play shaman as main char , my main char is a Discipline Priest.
*Please just bare in mind that this guide is not meant to tell you how to play , you can play however you want , this guide is for beginners and for people that see me a good shaman and want to learn some tricks that i use.

Last edited by hujulikes on 14-01-2016, 17:49:19; edited 3 times in total
5 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(since 30-10-2023 02:42)

Votes: 872

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 14-01-2016, 15:56:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for translating , +rep - .

2 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 14-01-2016, 22:40:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Very nice job. Thank you!

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

Daeron

[Death's Demise]

(since 28-10-2022 08:33)

Votes: 149

Post Posted: 15-01-2016, 10:09:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

GJ huju -
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 26-04-2024, 15:50:00
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x