User
Pass
2FA

I need a macro for Horn of Winter.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message2732
but#pglist
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 05-11-2020 18:35)

Votes: 171

Post Posted: 05-04-2016, 06:13:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

hi everyone

i need a macro for a DK Unh that has Horn Of Winter in it

example :

#showtooltip Plague Strike
/cast Plague Strike
/cast Horn of Winter

Why i need this kind of macro ? In bg when i die and cast Horn of Winter because it has an incredible range of 100 yards i get in combat and can not mount up.
I want to cast this skill when i strike a enemy in combat so i can get the buff,the runic power and never deal the problem with the range and not be able to mount up

the macro above does not work. i want one to work 100%.

0 0

UlquiorraSchiffer

[Flügel]

(since 23-09-2021 16:38)

Votes: 34

Post Posted: 05-04-2016, 09:37:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You can't rly make it work in a macro because horn of winter is on gcd(global cooldown) i remember that i hated this bug too but u have the alternative that someone else will cast the same buff if not you can just cast it before you engage a fight/during the fight the dmg lose will not be that great

I'm a legend, you're a trend, you ain't got half the skills I got
I'll beat your *** with one eye closed: Boba Fetty Wap!

0 0

but#pglist
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 05-11-2020 18:35)

Votes: 171

Post Posted: 05-04-2016, 09:54:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

is having a fking 100 yard range. that is huge . 2,5 times bigger then heroic leap from the war. is very nasty.

no macro? -

0 0

Wedinn

[Retired]

(since 27-03-2023 16:11)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 05-04-2016, 15:01:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings!

As the poster above me said, you can`t make it into a macro. The solution to this problem would be to cast the buff a few seconds before you set out to battle an enemy, or mid-fight. I have tested the macro you showed me with the following results:

As you can see from the screenshot, Horn of Winter is applied, but plague strike won`t take effect due to the other spell`s GCD. You can easily notice that by taking a look at the dummy`s frame and realising no DOTs were applied. You can also see I`m a total noob and I accidentally had blood boil on my spellbar twice at the time when I took the screenshot! Should you feel the need to combine plague strike and HoW, you can use this:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] horn of winter
/cast [mod=alt] plague strike

The way this works is it will bind the horn of winter and plague strike to the same key. It will cast horn of winter if you don`t have the "alt" key pressed, and if you press it whilst holding "alt", it will cast plague strike, so you don`t have to worry about a potentially greater DPS loss or separate binds.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to voice them here or in the unholy DK discussion topic.

Sincerely, Wedinn.

Wedinn
Former Game Master & Discord Community Manager
(January 2017 - February 2018)

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 07 July 2016 20:43

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 01:49:03
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x