User
Pass
2FA

WoW installation is damaged.
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message21447
Ludwig Van

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-07-2017 14:43)

Post Posted: 14-05-2017, 09:24:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

hello im having problems with installation. I downloaded torrent file game and launcher. I did not download official battle.net app.

I downloaded game, and I copied downloaded launcher inside World of Warcraft Legion directory (finished torrent) and game wont run. I tried to delete mentioned files from data folder, I tried to remove config folder inside data and replace with yours, also when i want to UNCHECK read-only, it will go back to read-only no matter how hard I try to uncheck it. Still getting error that installation is damaged. Any idea? :/

If I run only extracted launcher, (it says it has 3gb) I can log in and get in game. but after short period of time game kick me out saying i dont use freakz launcher... which I obviously do. If I run the same launcher from legion directory, no way to run.

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 15-05-2017, 14:31:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ludwig Van wrote:
If I run only extracted launcher, (it says it has 3gb) I can log in and get in game. but after short period of time game kick me out saying i dont use freakz launcher... which I obviously do. If I run the same launcher from legion directory, no way to run.
Can you please be more specific about this? What "only extracter laungher 3GB"?

Also, are you 1000% sure you deleted the config folder and replaced it with the one from the archive we posted https://www.wow-freakz.com/wow/legion/config_23420.zip ?

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Ludwig Van

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-05-2017, 23:54:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Do I understand this correctly? I am supposed to create account, which I have done. Then I am supposed to download whole game using torrent, and launcher for newest version.

Now, I am supposed to copy new launcher and overwrite it inside legion directory. It won't start. I am trying to uncheck read-only status on "data"directory but it will go back to "read-only" imidiately. I also replaced config folder.

What I was saying was, I tried to run only launcher (without "legion" torrent) and I could log in game but game kicked me out saying I dont use official launcher so I cant play. Then I copied launcher inside legion directory and im not able to run game. I can only run game if launcher is not copied inside legion directory. But game kick me out so its not solution really :/

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 18-05-2017, 23:55:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ludwig Van wrote:
Then I copied launcher inside legion directory and im not able to run game
Be more specific about this

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Ludwig Van

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-05-2017, 00:00:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Will try:

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/WoW-Legion-client-t452441.html - from here, i downloaded two files: legion torrent, AND this launcher: https://www.wow-freakz.com/wow/legion/launcher_23420.zip

both files are listed on website I mentioned above. after legion is finished downloading, I extracted launcher_23420.zip file inside legion directory and overwrite everything.

When I start launcher_freakz.exe, error pops up - However if I extract launcher_23420.zip file to Desktop, and run launcher_freakz.exe, game will start and I can log in but I will be kicked in 15 seconds.

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 19-05-2017, 01:22:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ludwig Van wrote:
When I start launcher_freakz.exe, error pops up
What error?

Ludwig Van wrote:
However if I extract launcher_23420.zip file to Desktop, and run launcher_freakz.exe, game will start and I can log in but I will be kicked in 15 seconds.

That doesn't make sense, it shouldn't start if you extract anywhere else other than wow folder to overwrite

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Ludwig Van

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-05-2017, 08:46:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

what error: WoW installation damaged. error which I am trying to resolve here.

Exctracted launcher will open.. i dont know whats goin on but it says it has 3gb (i think maybe i messed up files while overwriting or something) and launcher starts but game does not think I use your launcher so.. anyway, the point is, why overwrited launcher wont start. thats the thing. I did everything I was supposed to do, I was even searching here in forum im not sure what to do :/

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 19-05-2017, 13:27:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Please start posting screenshots of everything: the 3gb thing (what?) and the exact error

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Ludwig Van

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-05-2017, 20:16:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for reply. I am having holiday right now. I will make video instead for you to see everything I do. I will do this in 2 days and I will post here once is done. - thanks again
0 0

meer212

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-07-2021 18:00)

Post Posted: 22-07-2017, 19:28:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
Please start posting screenshots of everything: the 3gb thing (what?) and the exact error

Hello, i am having the same issue from today and i can't fixed.
http://imgur.com/a/6VxgP
i played this game more then 2 days now when i comeback from college i am getting this error can you please tell how to?

0 0

xtrim

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-07-2017 12:13)

Post Posted: 23-07-2017, 14:13:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

meer212 wrote:
Shocker wrote:

Hello, i am having the same issue from today and i can't fixed.
http://imgur.com/a/6VxgP
i played this game more then 2 days now when i comeback from college i am getting this error can you please tell how to?

Same thing happened to me twice. I redownloaded the game and still got the error...

Update @ 23-07-2017, 15:13:05

I solved the problem. Go to the data folder and delete the "CASCRepair.mrk" file to fix that error message.

1 0

Lex92

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-09-2017 21:34)

Post Posted: 14-09-2017, 16:27:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Guys I have the same problem of Ludwig Van, I cannot start the freak launcher, I follow the guide, tried to remove read only, tried to deletec CASCR file , trie to replace config folder. It doesn't work, everytime it says that "Your World of Warcraft installation is damaged. To learn how to repair it, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6572";. What can I do?
Every time read only comes back by itself.

Update @ 14-09-2017, 17:27:49

Shocker wrote:

Schoker, can you help me please?

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 14-09-2017, 20:41:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lex92 wrote:
Guys I have the same problem of Ludwig Van, I cannot start the freak launcher, I follow the guide, tried to remove read only, tried to deletec CASCR file , trie to replace config folder. It doesn't work, everytime it says that "Your World of Warcraft installation is damaged. To learn how to repair it, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6572";. What can I do?
Every time read only comes back by itself.

Update @ 14-09-2017, 17:27:49

Shocker wrote:

Schoker, can you help me please?
That error has nothing to do with the "freakz launcher", but the wow client. Please carefully follow all the solutions we posted there, especially "scan & repair" one

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

rustcoil

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-10-2017 19:38)

Post Posted: 15-09-2017, 07:21:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I too have the same problem.
- Downloaded the 48.6gb torrent file.
- Copied & replaced the files from launcher_23420
- Deleted torrent downloaded "config" folder and then copied "config" folder from from "config_23420.rar" at the same location inside the "Data" folder
- Deleted "CASCRepair.mrk", still "CASCRepair.mrk" keeps reappearing each time I try to launch "launcher_freakz" & "launcher_freakz-64"
- Tried both "launcher_freakz" & "launcher_freakz-64" separately, and ran as administrator
- Took full authenticating power from the properties>security tab
- I use windows 10, but tried to open it with Win7 compatibility

Nothing solved the "World of Warcraft installation is damaged" issue as you posted here https://forum.wow-freakz.com/WoW-Legion-client-t452441.html
"Your World of Warcraft installation is damaged. To learn how to repair it, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6572";

PS: No matter how many times I unchecked "Data" folder, it still shows a black box (not usual tick mark) everytime I open the properties of this folder

0 0

Lex92

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-09-2017 21:34)

Post Posted: 15-09-2017, 09:25:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

rustcoil wrote:
I too have the same problem.
- Downloaded the 48.6gb torrent file.
- Copied & replaced the files from launcher_23420
- Deleted torrent downloaded "config" folder and then copied "config" folder from from "config_23420.rar" at the same location inside the "Data" folder
- Deleted "CASCRepair.mrk", still "CASCRepair.mrk" keeps reappearing each time I try to launch "launcher_freakz" & "launcher_freakz-64"
- Tried both "launcher_freakz" & "launcher_freakz-64" separately, and ran as administrator
- Took full authenticating power from the properties>security tab
- I use windows 10, but tried to open it with Win7 compatibility

Nothing solved the "World of Warcraft installation is damaged" issue as you posted here https://forum.wow-freakz.com/WoW-Legion-client-t452441.html
"Your World of Warcraft installation is damaged. To learn how to repair it, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6572";

PS: No matter how many times I unchecked "Data" folder, it still shows a black box (not usual tick mark) everytime I open the properties of this folder

Hello Rustcoil, I had your same problem yesterday, I solved with the WoW download from Blizz App:

- download blizzard App.
- download 40+ GB of WoW from Blizz App.
- follow every step in the freak installation guide.
- if you uncheck "only read" box from the WoW folder, it will be applicate to all files inside the folder, don't worry if it reappears (I was worried too yesterday).

For me it worked, let me know if it will work for you too. Hope this will help people with installation is damaged problem.

2 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 16-05-2024, 05:16:31
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x