User
Pass
2FA

Cannot log in

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A
Author Message1765
Teeravisty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-09-2017 00:12)

Post Posted: 09-08-2017, 13:28:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hey I am not sure what is going on but I cant long into the game anymore, It just pulls up the "connecting" box and stays on that until I exit it, or sometimes a different message, for instance: This needs to be connected to a battle.net account please [click here] or go to: https://eu.battle.net/account/creation/landing.xml to begin the conversion.

I don't know what to do to resolve this problem as it was working fine when i logged off around 2 - 2:30 AM this morning (England time) I think it was about 1:30 ish in game time and it was working fine. Also sorry if I have posted in the wrong area, I looked for about 45 minutes to an hour to find an area related to this and couldn't.

Update @ 09-08-2017, 14:28:25

Hello again i'm quite new to posting in forums but I think I figured the problem out (hopefully). When the message came up about trying to connect back to battle.net I thought i would look at the config file, didn't see a SET realmlist mop.wow-freakz.com, so i added one, now it logged me to character screen, and now logged me in. Would it be an idea for me to post what my config file looks like in case it is missing other none vital lines that may cause problems?

0 0

Wedinn

[Retired]

(since 27-03-2023 16:11)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 09-08-2017, 13:29:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings! Go to your WoW directory and look for config in WTF. Open it with notepad and check for the SET realmlist line. If it is missing or wrong add SET realmlist mop.wow-freakz.com.
Also right click Data >> Properties and if read-only is checked uncheck it.

Wedinn
Former Game Master & Discord Community Manager
(January 2017 - February 2018)

1 0

Teeravisty

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-08-2017, 13:32:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello and thank you for the reply, I think I have sorted it but I am going to re check the properties part too and see if anything has changed there. Did that exact thing with the WTF folder and config file and I am in game and playing now, I was also just wondering if because my relm list file was missing would any other files be missing that would still cause the game to load and play, but cause issues later down the line?
0 0

Wedinn

[Retired]

Post Posted: 09-08-2017, 14:18:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If the game works fine then you're good to go. Most issues arise because of a wrong realmlist, a checked read-only or a faulty launcher. I can't think of anything that coiuld affect your gaming experience aside from the occasional lag which is mostly gone now.

Wedinn

0 0

Teeravisty

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 12-08-2017, 16:10:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well I do have bad ish lag at times but I'm pretty sure that's more my laptop specs rather than server lag, so on my end sadly. But yeah like I said I thought about checking the config file after I posted the original message and was more scanning it to try find where the relmlist was, didn't see it so tried adding it in at the bottom and that worked fine. Sorry I thought I had already replied to this originally too.

So new info on it, It has done it again (deleted the relmlist line), however I ended up restarting my laptop due to some lag and a crash of some sort, came back in and tried loading the game up and logging in. It seemed like it totally deleted the entire content on the config file in folder WTF, the file was there but no text when I opened it, after a couple of mins of opening and closing it the text came back, and relmlist is missing. Obviously I know to keep checking this and know what the possible problem and then solution is for me if it happens, but I just wanted to add this incase you know of it happening to others or anything, incase there is an easy fix on your side or something in a future patch?

Thank you for the response anyway, sorry mine took a while.

0 0

Wedinn

[Retired]

Post Posted: 12-08-2017, 18:14:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If there is no text in the config file simply add the realmlist and save it. If saving won't work then read-only is most likely checked for the text file, in which case you need to uncheck it. Should that not work, simply delete your WTF folder and the game will recreate it once it starts up (beware that the new config may not include the realmlist).

Wedinn

0 0

Teeravisty

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 14-08-2017, 20:28:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It seemed to sort its self out, but ill remember that for later if it ever does it again. Thank you for the information and help -
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A  

The time now is 22-10-2024, 07:47:17
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x