User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] Parry and Block

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message2195
Maev

[Shadowblade]

(since 08-03-2021 23:50)

Votes: 38

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 27-10-2017, 17:18:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link:
Bug description: on Freakz the targets ( boss NpC ) parry and block with their *** and this is one of the fact that mele dps lose so much dps in front of casters which doesn't miss, block etc ...
Proof:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3l7c1r/does_melee_standing_behind_a_boss_deal_more_dps/

And when talking about "behind the boss" most people refer to a 270 degree arc. Pretty much everything NOT directly infront of the boss. - This is not to be confused with the old "behind the boss" which was 90 degrees of dragon ***, where you would often get tailswiped to death. In this time people talked about flanks, consisting of two 45 degree sweetspots, that counted as the unparryable zone but was still not the tailswipe zone.
The short answer to your question is yes. Because bosses can't parry or block with their ***.
The total gain of attacking from behind is around ~3-5% damage per second(dps) these days. (a lot more complicated than that, once you start factoring in multistrikes, crit and procs)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Parry

Functionality

If a character or mob has a parry chance, it can take effect on every incoming frontal melee attack.

Attacks from the rear cannot be parried. Mobs sometimes do so anyway - this can be due to a bug or because they turn very quickly in place.

When a warrior's special attack is parried, he does not spend all the rage cost associated with that spell (even though the spell fails). Miss, dodge, or block events will consume the full rage cost when the spell fails. ( now on freakz if a warrior gets parry it spends all rage for that spell that gets parried ).

" WoD Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):

All characters now have a 100% chance to hit, 0% chance to be dodged, 3% chance to be parried, and 0% chance for glancing blows, when fighting creatures up to 3 levels higher (bosses included).
Tanking specializations receive an additional 3% reduction in chance to be parried. Tank attacks now have a 0% chance to be parried vs. creatures up to 3 levels higher. "

Player melee and ranged attacks
In the tables below, Δlevel is the relative level between the attacking character and the target. For instance, a level 85 character attacking a level 90 target would use the -5 row. Character attacks against raid bosses (who display a skull instead of a numeric level) generally use the -3 row, as raid bosses are at minimum always three levels above attacking characters. Values only apply if targets are capable of them, so for example, if the character is attacking something from behind, the target cannot parry attacks.

Off-hand melee swings incur an additional 19% miss penalty to balance dual wielding two one-handed weapons versus using a two-handed weapon. Ranged attacks (that is, not spells but attacks like a hunter's [Auto Shot]) use the same attack table as melee attacks, but with 0% parry, glance, or block chance for all rows.

https://imgur.com/a/XlcYt

Blizz:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7vACxhSeypA:

.be

Freakz:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-Mw3AAKPPto:

1 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 29-10-2017, 01:46:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Everything is implemented as you say. The issue is with that particular training dummy. I just tested on dozens of bosses, mobs, they won't parry/block from behind at all. This particular training dummy is ALWAYS facing you, even though it does NOT look like it. I mean you see that you're behind him, but in fact, he's showing his face to you. It is visually bugged, causing that target dummy to show as if its rotation is disabled, but in fact it is not.
0 0

Maev

[Shadowblade]

Post Posted: 29-10-2017, 09:37:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quicksand wrote:
Everything is implemented as you say. The issue is with that particular training dummy. I just tested on dozens of bosses, mobs, they won't parry/block from behind at all. This particular training dummy is ALWAYS facing you, even though it does NOT look like it. I mean you see that you're behind him, but in fact, he's showing his face to you. It is visually bugged, causing that target dummy to show as if its rotation is disabled, but in fact it is not.

Quicksand not only from behind but from sides to , il test and bring some proofs tonight from side boss dps

0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

Post Posted: 29-10-2017, 17:52:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You can dps it from the sides, I tested on retail, I believe we have the same angle, if not, I'll do some more tests and adjust it.
0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

Post Posted: 31-10-2017, 18:37:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Retail:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-ET73dI6RTM:

As you can see, the actual angle in which creatures won't parry anymore is 180 grades.moving just a tiny bit into that 180 towards the creature's facing, it will immediately start parrying.

Freakz:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=rJjxOXFfCWo:

(btw I fixed all the training dummies, now all of them are able to parry, and they will have a static facing - no more turning around server-side)

0 0

Maev

[Shadowblade]

Post Posted: 03-11-2017, 10:06:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

sry quicksand but still happens parry/block from behind/sides boss and dummy in class hall just saw last night at Helya. and sometimes targets / boss give immune and sometimes boss gives me absorb or immune on Odyn's Fury and stormlash.

0 0

Nyndra

[entropy]

(since 02-06-2022 18:52)

Votes: 25

Post Posted: 07-02-2018, 06:10:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Old topic, I did test this out myself on the Nighthold bosses a while ago, there no issues with parry/block/dodge/immune on creatures, if it ever was.

Rejected.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Nyndra, 07 February 2018 04:10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 28-04-2024, 10:18:04
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x