User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] Critical bug related to items vanishing from mails sent from deleted characters.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message714
LonerPrime

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-02-2019 16:06)

Post Posted: 22-11-2017, 04:11:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz item link: Any item.
Bug description: In short, if you send any item from a character, who you then delete without accepting the sent items, the items are lost.
Proof: This thread here will give you the info in detail > https://forum.wow-freakz.com/COMPLETED-Heirloom-Set-All-disappeared-in-mail-t498202.html

The reason I opened this separate thread was purely because it happened yet again. When I first reported this happening I honestly assumed it to be an isolated incident of server derping. Now I know that it is not so and that it's a harmful bug that I can recreate with confidence. Here's what happened:

I made a warlock and sent 11 heirlooms on to him. Played upto level 25 and found the class was not for me. So I mailed the entire set back including 5 gold to my main. Only I was sleep deprived and I completely spaced on what had happened before. Without a second thought, after sending my gears, I deleted my warlock and created a priest with the same name. And WHAM, the server ate all my gear that I sent in the mail. Only the 5 gold came and the moment I clicked on that the mail vanished entirely. Fortunately, I had also sent some linen and low level bandage cloth in a separate mail without any money attached so that survived. But the contents were missing. Here is proof of the error ridden mail again that shows the sender's name as "Unknown" and linen/silk cloth missing. IMAGE: https://i.imgur.com/zwEROya.jpg

Now I'm damn embarrassed to actually ask Lethal for help again cause it was stupid on my part for losing the same gear all over again. But without a doubt, this wasn't a player end fault but actually a glaring issue with how the server is handling mails from shredded character. Anything sent from deleted characters should not have their contents vanish without a trace. The mail by all rights, should retain its contents once it's successfully delivered to the receiver. This bug is scary and I honestly do not want to face losing things again or anyone else losing stuff for that matter. Because to be honest, I use alt mails as a temporary storing solution since affording big bags isn't something that a new player can easily do right off the bat. Please consider tackling this grave issue as soon as possible.

Apologies again for the long wall of text. I'm gonna go sleep this off and think about what to say to Lethal again. Heck one of the items lost was a ring I got from voting. Dammit T_T

Regards,
LonerPrime

Staff message (LethalFactorLK):

not a priority fix

0 0

LethalFactorLK

[Very Important Person]

(since 03-03-2021 16:57)

Votes: 220

Post Posted: 22-11-2017, 12:47:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This happens when you delete the character before you retrieve the mail, which was sent.

0 0

LonerPrime

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-02-2019 16:06)

Post Posted: 22-11-2017, 17:24:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yes. Basically I ran couple of scenarios to test out what triggers this outcome:

Scenario 1: Made a character A and sent items to character B. Then immediately deleted A without retrieving the mail on B.
Result: Items lost in mail.

Scenario 2: Made a character A and sent items to character B. Check the received items on B BUT DO NOT take the contents from the mail. Now delete A.
Result: Items lost even though you verified having it received.

Extra Scenario: Do the same as both scenarios above but instead of items send gold instead.
Result: The money survives the deletion in both scenarios even though the mail's sender is still marked as "Unknown".

---
So yea, like you said, leaving items in mail is dangerous especially if you do so while testing new alts and classes. Maybe okay if you make a Bank alt that you won't delete but any other is a big no.

In the end LethalFactorLK, is their a chance of having the lost items restored? I mean, it will be a huge understatement to say that I have finally learned my lesson. Huge loss as it may, it was still my own fault to a certain extent for not remembering what happened the first time. Yet I assure you, losing my things twice is jolt enough for my mind to make sure that I don't repeat the same blunder every again considering I even lost a vote item this time.

If you do decide to lend your help one final time, I'll create a request thread in the item recovery section with the required evidence. But if not, I really do not want to waste the time of staff by incessant posting. Please let me know what you think. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
LP

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 13 February 2018 08:49

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 14:29:23
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x