User
Pass
2FA

Brewmaster Guide 7.1.5. by Charlie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message801
Charles_Francis

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-01-2019 07:19)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 19-04-2018, 14:58:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Simplest Brewmaster guide
(I don't want to complicate it with an explanation of each spell/item/talent..etc Let's keep it simple)

1) Itemization (Stat priority)
Critical/Mastery>Haste
(Versatility is not that great. I 'll mention why in 'Stagger' section)

Main set (Head, Shoulders, Chest, Hands and Legs)
Critical > Mastery

Accessories (Neck, Fingers)
Critical > Mastery / Critical > Haste

Off set (Wrist, Waist, Feet, Back)
Haste>Mastery / Haste>Critical

Around 900-ish item level, Brewmaster is supposed to have Critical equal to Mastery, with at least two times less haste.
(I am 907ilvl, and this is how my stats look like)

2) Stagger (Thing that makes Brewmaster tanky)
(Stagger works kinda like versatility, you don't reduce damage taken, you take it overtime).

Stagger - You shrug off attacks, delaying 40% of Physical damage, instead taking it over 10sec. Affects magical attacks at 50% effectiveness.
Ironskin Brew - Increases the damage you delay with Stagger by an additional 40% for 8 sec.

Ironskin Brew is most important thing, you must keep it up all the time. Because, with Ironskin Brew up you delay 80% damage taken instead of 40%.
(Let's say, a certain boss hits 1milion with a auto attack, instead of any other tank, Brewmaster will take 200k damage instantly, and a debuff that will deal 800k overtime)

Ironskin Brew's cooldown is reduced with Tiger Palm(by one sec) and Keg Smash(by four sec), therefore it's possible to keep it up for entire encounter)

3) Talents

1- In most situations

2- Skittish in Mythic+ dungeons

(Because you can taunt your statue, and make it aoe taunt every 8 sec. Therefore you don't really need hunter or rogue)

Macro for taunting statue -

/tar black ox statue
/cast provoke
/targetlasttarget

3- Necrotic in Mythic+ dungeons

(When you stand inside of Ring of Peace, no mob can reach you. Therefore you can easy reset Necrotic stacks)

4) Selfhealing

Sources of healing
Celestial Fortune - You have chance equal to your critical strike chance to be healed for an additional 65% of the amount healed.
Gift of the Ox - When you take damage, you have a chance to summon Healing Sphere visible only to you. Moving through this Healing Sphere heals you for 270.000.
Healing Eilixir - Drink a healing elixir, healing you for 15% of your maximum healrth. Healing Elixir will automaticlly trigger if you drop below 35% health, and a charge is available.

Bremaster have decent amount of selfhealing, which is even better when Brewmaster is on 35% health or less.

4,1) Corner Tanking

Gift of the Ox's Healing Spheres are supposed to spawn at the right side of the monk, so, if you possition your monk next to a wall, hugging the wall with the right shoulder, it will force Healing Spheres to spawn at your feet. You will consume them instantly. When you are at 35% health or less, it will proc Healing Spheres even more because of the Artifact Trait 'Obstinate Determination'.

Obstinate Determination- Gift of the Ox summons an additional Healing Sphere when your health drops below 35%

Perfect possitioning, on Video you can follow healing of the Gift of the Ox's Healing Spheres.

(PS. I removed few items to make myself take more damage in order to show you how to Corner Tank)

5) Legendaries

BIS Legendaries are
Chest - Sal'salabim's Lost Tunic
Neck - Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
Trinket - Archimonde's Hatred Reborn

Good legendaries to have if you don't have three mentioned above
Wrist - Anvil-Hardened Wristwraps
Waist - Cinidaria, the Symbiote
Feet - Firestone Walkers (I don't like feet, you benefit only when Fortifying Brew is on cooldown. Otherwise, it's just item that gives stats. Unlike Neck and Chest, you benefit all the time)

6) Blackout Combo (Talent)

If you find Blackout Combo too hard to control, i would suggest High Tolerance as a replacement.

If you do want Blackout Combo then you are supposed to combine it with
Tiger Palm - Damange increased by 200%
Keg Smash - Reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 2 additional sec.
Ironskin Brew - Pauses Stagger damage for 3sec. (Which is best choice, 3sec no damage taken. But don't overuse it, you might kill yourself with it).

Blackout Combo ft. Ironskin Brew is risky. My suggestion is to use it only in 'OMG im dead' situations.

I hope it helps. It was simple, if you have any questions feel free to PM me on Discord or Ingame. Bye!

Discord - Charlie#6565
Ingame nick - Charlie

Last edited by Charles_Francis on 19-04-2018, 15:01:37; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 19-04-2018, 14:59:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There is an error in your bbcode, please check it. (we can't see what you wrote)

0 0

Charles_Francis

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-01-2019 07:19)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 19-04-2018, 15:00:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I see, it was normal until i submited. What do i do now?
0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 19-04-2018, 15:21:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I deleted some links from your topic to make it work, add them back properly.

Update @ 19-04-2018, 16:21:36

New topic: https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Brewmaster-Guide-7.1.5-by-Charlie-t519517.html

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Power, 19 April 2018 13:21

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 05-05-2024, 09:33:54
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x