User
Pass
2FA

Basic guide for new Legion players!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message6948
FUKUTORA

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-09-2019 16:40)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 30-09-2018, 13:55:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Intro

So, you're a new player to Legion and you know you have to learn so much about legion, well, in this post I will be your guide. I will shorten the guide a bit. The important, very important and most important, information will be highlighted in these colors.

1-98 leveling phase

-you level up to 98. You can vote for Heirlooms, buy them with gold to speed up the leveling with about 50% more. Here's a list of heirlooms (https://www.wowhead.com/heirloom-guide) - click on a heirloom to see details like vendor list.Heirlooms are useful until level 60, after that you can upgrade them to level 90 and then to level 100. You can upgrade them by buying Upgrade tokens from vendors, for example Steeg Haskel in Ironforge (https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=51495/steeg-haskell) or Kim Horn in Orgrimmar or Undercity (https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=142856/kim-horn).
-you can also get Elixir of the Ancient Knowledge to speed up your leveling, https://www.wowhead.com/item=86574/elixir-of-ancient-knowledge - you can either buy it from AH, or farm it with some friend or high level character from Pandaria - (https://www.wowhead.com/item=86574/elixir-of-ancient-knowledge), or vote or donate for it.

98-110 leveling phase

-after you finished doing, battle zones, random dungeons and quests in Draenoryou reach level 98, and you get the message quest from Faction Leader that the Burning Legion has returned and you must go help to defend Azeroth from them. Accept it and you will be ported to Capital City, where in order to go to New Dalaran and start your adventure, you will have to complete a series of easy quests. And after that you will be teleported to Dalaran and a follower will prompt you with a message, talk to him and you will start your campaign for the famous Artifacts. Artifacts will be your weapons in this expansion. The secret here for new players is to complete every quest they get. Don't abandon, except if you're lost but you know where you got the quest from - when you are at starting quests, try to keep in mind every quest giver and his location, and remember where did you get the quest from, otherwise if you fail the quest and don't remember your quest giver... you will be lost.Then you have to ask on global, or make a GM ticket, or go to forum and your situation complicates.[/b]
-after you have done the Campaign for your Artifact, you will be guided towards your Class Hall. You will be asked to do a series of tasks. And you will see your Class Hall Scouting Map, where you will choose a zone to start questing in Broken Isles (I strongly suggest to start with one zone where do get Friendly Reputation, come back to class hall, move to next one and so on, because here on Freakz you have x5 leveling rate and in order to get the famous World Quests ready when you get to 110 this is a good way, in order to unlock world quests , you must finish the Uniting the Isles-quest https://www.wowhead.com/quest=43341/uniting-the-isles), also there you can do various missions or rewards, recruit and enhance Followers for your missions. Then you will see Thee Artifact Weapon Forge, where you can enhance your weapon for Artifact Power. Then you will see some quest giver, this is the Artifact Researcher , and here you can increase the rate at which you get Artifact Power. And then you will see your Class Hall Upgrades NPC, this is important, because after you will complete your Class Hall Leveling Tree, you will be able to equip a second legendary item, by gathering Order Resources either from Battle Zones or Rare Mobs, or when you complete Uniting the isles quest, from World Quests. I suggest to new players to check the loot one every mobe they kill, because legendary items can drop starting from level 100.
-until level 110 you can do Normal Difficulty Random Dungeons. To get some items. I suggest to you to take a look at Adventure Guide, either pressing the button from bottom menu or pressing Shift+J, to see the list of dungeons and bosses in every dungeon. But you can also read about this on various sites on the internet. You can also complete your missing offensive (dps), defensive (tank, healer) POWER by learning and progressing in your chosen profession. You can learn any profession either in New Dalaran at the Maggus Commerce Exchange area, or in one of the Legacy Cities. Most known primary profession combinations: Herbalism-ALchemy, Herbalism-Inscription, Mining-Jewelcrafting, Tailoring-Enchanting, Skinning-Leatherworking, Mining-Blacksmithing, Mining-Engineering. For gear-crafting professions you can use Obliterum to increase the stats and ilvl o the items. You can learn all the secondary professions, which can complete the primary ones.

Post-leveling phase

-after you reach level 110, in order to gear up you can do: either World Quests, Dungeons, enhancing professions. and your next objective is 825 ilvl-by doing what I said WQ, dungs, profs. At this ilvl you can join LFR (Raid Finder or Lookng for raid difficulty) raids and beside you can get good gear from there you can learn the BOSS tactics for later and harder difficulties, same is with normal and heroic dungeons.
-your next objective is ilvl 840, here you can start doing Mythic Dungeons. There are a number of levels for Mythic Dungeons-starting from 0 to 30. You cannot to a higher level Dungeon If you don't have a Mythic Key. You can obtain a Mythic Key, by doing a dungeon on Mythic Difficulty, or M0-which is Level 0. Then your Mythic Dungeon level will increase up to 3 levels i you finish the dungeon when you have at least 10 remaining minutes. If you end the Dungeon withing 5 minutes you get +2 levels, lesser than 5 minutes means you get +1. Item Level Required, for every Mithic Dungeon level increases by 5 ilvl, so for lvl M0-840, M1-845, M2-850 and so on.
-your next objective will be item level 860-865 if possible. You can achieve this item level by achieving the objectives that I set above. At this Item Level you can participate at the most rewarding raid from this patch (7.1.5), which is Nighthold on normal difficulty. I suggest you finding a raiding guild and if you checked loot every mobs, did lots of Mythic Dungeons, world quests, Mythic Dungeons, Daily Heroic Dungeon and so on you may already have a Legendary Item which can help you very much. Now by doing Nighthold on LFR on lower ilvl you have an idea about the BOSSES SCRIPT.
IF YOU FIND TEXT MISTAKES I AM SORRY, I COULD NOT PREVIEW THE TEXT AND WAS ALSO VERY TIRED BUT I WILL COME BACK AND FIX THEM.

Last edited by FUKUTORA on 01-10-2018, 00:16:17; edited 8 times in total
2 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 30-09-2018, 14:50:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, first of all I am sorry for not entirely reading your post, but as of now it definitely needs some design improvements.

Looking at it you put some effort into this guide so you clearly want to help people.
Some points you should do in order to ensure that people actually read it:

-Please use paragraphs and not only press enter, just skip a whole line to split the guide in sections.
-You can then give each section a headline for better orientation (example: Leveling, Class hall, Dungeons, Raids, ...)
-You should not use colors to highlight words in a text, it is way more appealing to use bold, italic or underline to highlight certain things^^
-Therefore keep colors like one for headlines, one for text and maybe if there is some really important sentence you can use a third for that.
-Finally a tip on how to link stuff in forum text: Elixir of Ancient Knowledge
This is how you link items (without the spaces infront url) [ url=https://www.wow-freakz.com/item_finder.php?item=86574&name=elixir-of-ancient-knowledge]Elixir of Ancient Knowledge[ /url]

I hope you have time to make these improvements soon, have a nice day -

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Power, 07 April 2020 19:33

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 12:07:27
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x