User
Pass
2FA
 
 

[FIXED] [Death Knight] Death Grip vs. Reflect spells

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs
Show only staff posts
Author Message1058
claudiu67

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 01-12-2019 22:53)
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 10, Topics: 3
Location: Romania

Reputation: 88.3
Votes: 4

 
Post Posted: 19-03-2019, 13:29:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/database.php?search=nether+ward
Bug description: Nether ward should cancel the effect of death grip. If the warlock has ward up and a dk grips him the warlock remains at his original position and so does the dk.
Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=xwbdNKF2LCo:

In this here video at around !!! 2:45 !!! we have the scenario I am describing the warlock wards while the dk grips and stuns him both of wich get reflected.
Same thing happens here https://youtube.com/watch?v=LpxgeBf23Hk&t=0:

at 3:40.



Last edited by claudiu67 on 19-03-2019, 13:31:24; edited 1 time in total
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lulbolt

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(online 2 hours ago)
Joined: 16 Aug 2018
Posts: 141, Topics: 72
Location: Sweden

Reputation: -42.1
Votes: 19

Post Posted: 19-03-2019, 16:10:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Death_Grip

Quote:
Using Death Grip on a warrior with [Spell Reflection] up will send you hurtling towards the warrior instead of the warrior hurtling towards you.





1 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
claudiu67

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 01-12-2019 22:53)
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 10, Topics: 3
Location: Romania

Reputation: 88.3
Votes: 4

 
Post Posted: 19-03-2019, 16:16:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

1. Nether Ward =/= Warrior Spell Reflect
2.I provided proof under the form of 2 videos recored on blizzards realms.
Based on thoose two facts the article you provided is null and void.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skilzz139

[Jobless]



Status: Offline
(online 6 hours ago)
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 630, Topics: 70
Location: Here

Reputation: 239.5
Votes: 14

Post Posted: 19-03-2019, 23:52:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

claudiu67 wrote:
WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/database.php?search=nether+ward
Bug description: Nether ward should cancel the effect of death grip. If the warlock has ward up and a dk grips him the warlock remains at his original position and so does the dk.
Proof:
Spoiler:


Hello I have found the following: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749806163 and https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/nether-ward-not-reflecting-a-bunch-of-spells/25275/7
I have also tested Netherward with a lot of spells, such as Asphyxiate, Polymorph, Pyroblast, Living Bomb, etc... and it works as intended, however as the topics above are stating, there are some spells which cannot get reflected, such as Full Moon.
I'm not 100% sure that it's the same case with Deathgrip, I didn't find anything related to Nether Ward vs Deathgrip.

You have posted two videos, the first one is from BFA, please try finding only 7.2.5 videos, maybe there are hidden fixes (like 7.0.3 > 7.2.5 Full Moon case)
The second video shows nothing, it just slows to 0.25 and then the video cuts straight after casting Death Grip. There isn't any proof there.

I will leave the topic open, please bring evidence of this not working as intended and I'll mark it as confirmed. If you will not do this, I'm afraid I'll just have to Reject it.


If the tank dies it's the healer's fault
If the healer dies it's the tank's fault
If the dps dies he is retarded
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
claudiu67

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 01-12-2019 22:53)
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 10, Topics: 3
Location: Romania

Reputation: 88.3
Votes: 4

 
Post Posted: 20-03-2019, 01:11:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello after reading your answer I went and did some digging so lets get into it shall we?

First off I would like to talk about the video that takes place during the bfa prepatch. You stated that you are suspicious regarding it since there might have been changes to Nether Ward during the legion patches. However the fandom from wowwiki https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Warlock_PvP_talents and the page from wowpedia https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nether_Ward both clearly state that Nether Ward has NOT received any changes since its introduction in patch 7.0.3 the basic conclusion we can draw from this is that even if the video I provided takes place in the bfa prepatch its still a fair display of how the ability should work and has worked since its introduction.

The second video has indeed a really short display of both abilities interacting however you have to keep in mind that death grip is really fast as such it would have been almost impossible for the editor to fake anything seeing as his character would have started at least moving towards the dk wich it doesn't.

Based on these two statements we can draw the conclusion that the spell currently doesn't work as intended on the server and should work as seen in the videos provided in the original post.

I haven't studied anything on full moon however even if full moon requires a target to cast the spell affects an area such as lets say blizzard it makes sense for it to not be reflected. Thing is Death Grip and full moon have nothing in common they are very different spells as such I dont see Full Moons place in this disscussion.

As a final note I would like to thank you for not directly rejecting my post and encouraging disscusion based on it. I hope everything is clear and the spell can get on its way to being fixed.



Last edited by claudiu67 on 20-03-2019, 01:16:52; edited 1 time in total
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skilzz139

[Jobless]



Status: Offline
(online 6 hours ago)
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 630, Topics: 70
Location: Here

Reputation: 239.5
Votes: 14

Post Posted: 20-03-2019, 15:14:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

claudiu67 wrote:
Hello after reading your answer I went and did some digging so lets get into it shall we?

First off I would like to talk about the video that takes place during the bfa prepatch. You stated that you are suspicious regarding it since there might have been changes to Nether Ward during the legion patches. However the fandom from wowwiki https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Warlock_PvP_talents and the page from wowpedia https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nether_Ward both clearly state that Nether Ward has NOT received any changes since its introduction in patch 7.0.3 the basic conclusion we can draw from this is that even if the video I provided takes place in the bfa prepatch its still a fair display of how the ability should work and has worked since its introduction.

The second video has indeed a really short display of both abilities interacting however you have to keep in mind that death grip is really fast as such it would have been almost impossible for the editor to fake anything seeing as his character would have started at least moving towards the dk wich it doesn't.

Based on these two statements we can draw the conclusion that the spell currently doesn't work as intended on the server and should work as seen in the videos provided in the original post.

I haven't studied anything on full moon however even if full moon requires a target to cast the spell affects an area such as lets say blizzard it makes sense for it to not be reflected. Thing is Death Grip and full moon have nothing in common they are very different spells as such I dont see Full Moons place in this disscussion.

As a final note I would like to thank you for not directly rejecting my post and encouraging disscusion based on it. I hope everything is clear and the spell can get on its way to being fixed.


I had a reading through what you said and I agree, since we cannot bring any evidence that it shouldn't reflect death grip and that there has not been any fixes or changes regarding it we can only assume that it's not working as it should on our server.
I know that full moon is AoE and this is why this isn't getting reflecting, I know that it's not similar, therefore I only brought it up because in the past it was getting partially reflected until nether ward was fixed by blizzard.
However there is something that seems off. The nether ward spell says that it reflects abilities and not nullify them, therefore if it's reflecting death grip then the target that had casted it should get thrown towards you.

I'll look more when I'll finish my work shift.
Regards,


If the tank dies it's the healer's fault
If the healer dies it's the tank's fault
If the dps dies he is retarded


Last edited by skilzz139 on 27-04-2019, 18:16:09; edited 1 time in total
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
claudiu67

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 01-12-2019 22:53)
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 10, Topics: 3
Location: Romania

Reputation: 88.3
Votes: 4

 
Post Posted: 20-03-2019, 17:52:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello I'm glad you understand my way of thinking. I do admit that this is a very unique example I also raised my eyebrows the first times I saw it, however regarding the nullifying part of nether ward there are other effects that come to my mind witch work differently as in they also seem to get nullified.
The effects I am talking about are magic-type intrerrupts. You see we know for a fact that if a warlock uses nether ward against an enemy with a magical intrerrupt his casts will be unharmed. Unfortunately this is bugged right now too but it has been reported and confirmed here on the forum.
Where I am getting at is that these effects also seem to get nullified btw I am getting into speculation right now so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt as with these examples I am not 100% my logic is good.

Warlocks dks and dh's have something in common they share spell schools dh's have chaos spells and dk's have shadow spells warlocks have both shadow and chaos spells. Now lets say the intrerrupt immunity provide by nether ward works and a warlock was about to cast a chaos bolt against a dh wich pancis and intrerrupts him while his ward is up from what I remember the dh wont get the "chaos locked" message on his screen even if tehnically he intrerrupted a chaos spell and should get chaos locked.

I wanted this example to work as some sort of proof that death grip is not that unique and that its not the only spell that seems to get nullified.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skilzz139

[Jobless]



Status: Offline
(online 6 hours ago)
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 630, Topics: 70
Location: Here

Reputation: 239.5
Votes: 14

Post Posted: 20-03-2019, 20:11:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

claudiu67 wrote:
Hello I'm glad you understand my way of thinking. I do admit that this is a very unique example I also raised my eyebrows the first times I saw it, however regarding the nullifying part of nether ward there are other effects that come to my mind witch work differently as in they also seem to get nullified.
The effects I am talking about are magic-type intrerrupts. You see we know for a fact that if a warlock uses nether ward against an enemy with a magical intrerrupt his casts will be unharmed. Unfortunately this is bugged right now too but it has been reported and confirmed here on the forum.
Where I am getting at is that these effects also seem to get nullified btw I am getting into speculation right now so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt as with these examples I am not 100% my logic is good.

Warlocks dks and dh's have something in common they share spell schools dh's have chaos spells and dk's have shadow spells warlocks have both shadow and chaos spells. Now lets say the intrerrupt immunity provide by nether ward works and a warlock was about to cast a chaos bolt against a dh wich pancis and intrerrupts him while his ward is up from what I remember the dh wont get the "chaos locked" message on his screen even if tehnically he intrerrupted a chaos spell and should get chaos locked.

I wanted this example to work as some sort of proof that death grip is not that unique and that its not the only spell that seems to get nullified.


Hello,

I've decided upon this. I will confirm it but only partially, with a note that the dk should get pulled towards the warlock.
Let me explain my reasoning. Magical interrupts are getting nullified against some classes because they aren't really casting anything in order to get interrupted, therefore they are not getting "spell locked", however the interrupt itself is getting reflected back.
If this is to be proven otherwise please do send me a Private Message and I'll edit the topic accordingly.
Thanks for reporting the bug. Please do continue reporting bugs since it's a big deal for both community and staff.

Regards,


If the tank dies it's the healer's fault
If the healer dies it's the tank's fault
If the dps dies he is retarded


Last edited by skilzz139 on 20-03-2019, 20:13:58; edited 1 time in total
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shocker

[Freakz owner]



Status: Offline
(since 08-02-2020 13:17)
Joined: Momentul zero
Posts: 33991, Topics: 1356
Location: localhost

Reputation: 6461.6
Votes: 826

   
Post Posted: 12-10-2019, 14:11:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Fixed this for all possible reflect spells (examples: Spell Reflection, Nether Ward, Mass Spell Reflection, Spell Reflection, ...)

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook


Last edited by Shocker on 12-10-2019, 14:12:12; edited 1 time in total
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plaguesynth

[Blood DK Masina ]



Status: Offline
(online 2 hours ago)
Joined: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 549, Topics: 63
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Reputation: 1298.4
Votes: 46

 
Post Posted: 17-11-2019, 12:17:47 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Was fixed a while ago .
3 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

  Topic locked


Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Plaguesynth, 17 November 2019 11:17



 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs  


The time now is 30-05-2020, 00:54:08
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

 
 
 







I forgot my password


This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x