User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [Paladin][Talent]First Avenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message1735
Pinkie

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-12-2021 01:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 01-05-2019, 22:18:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=203776&&name=first-avenger, https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=204019&&name=blessed-hammer, https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=85043&&name=grand-crusader
Bug description: Blessed Hammer has a lower chance to proc than 25% with First Avenger
Proof:

To test this for myself I concocted a weakaura to count the number of times I've cast blessed hammer and the number of times I got a free Anvenger's Shield then hit a dummy until I reached 500 hits with Blessed Hammer
Unfortunately, I cannot prove this via recount because the dummy keeps resetting combat as it's always done; I guess the script just has to be trusted
For a start; This is the code

Code:
-- The first trigger of the aura to count the number of procs
--SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_SHOW --Event that fires whenever a spell lights up on our hotbar; This is necessary because Grand Crusader procs have no buff or anything alike
function(_,ID)
    print(ID)
    if ID == 31935 then
        aura_env.shields = aura_env.shields + 1
    end
end

Code:
--Second trigger to count the number of casts
--COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED
function(...)
    local subevent = select(3, ...)
    if subevent == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" then
        local caster = select(6, ...)
        local spell = select(14, ...)
        if caster == UnitName("player") and (spell == "Hammer of the Righteous" or spell == "Blessed Hammer") then
            aura_env.hammers = aura_env.hammers + 1
        end
    end
end

Code:
--And finally the display tab to return these two values
function()
    return aura_env.shields .. " / " .. aura_env.hammers .. " " .. aura_env.shields / aura_env.hammers
end

And this is what that looks like
https://imgur.com/a/EKMulJA
In red highlighted is the number of casts (while I was actually dpsing - before giving up on that to only spam blessed hammer)
In yellow is the weakaura, saying that I cast Blessed Hammer 552 times and proc'd Avenger's Shield 104 times which yields a 18.8% proc chance (while the tooltip says 25%)

In the second image, I was doing the same but with the Consecrated Hammer talent; Cast hammer 200 times and it proc'd Avenger's Shield 21 times making that a 10.5% proc chance

In the third image, I swapped to Bastion of Light; Cast hammer 200 times and had it proc 20 Avenger's Shields (10%)

To test/replicate this you could either go by gut, count and read the combat log or get the weakaura for yourself: https://pastebin.com/jQ2VWdhQ
Should 200/500 casts be inconclusive do let me know and I'll test it on 1000 or 10000

2 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 02-05-2019, 07:42:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I hope you didn't test the blessed hammer thing on the classhall dummy with 1 Hp left as this will certainly not give you any trustworthy result.
It's best to go to silvermoon raiding dummy as it has a bigger HP pool and no people around.

Anyway, gonna test it myself a while to confirm the issue, i noticed myself that dps didn't change 7.1.5 > 7.2.5 despite having better gear.

0 0

jumpylion

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-04-2021 01:50)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 02-05-2019, 09:07:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dummy shouldnt affect Blessed hammer in any way. You can proc Grand Crusader with Blessed hammer even out of combat and with no enemies around to be hit. The proc is based on cast and you dont need target to cast it.
0 0

Pinkie

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-12-2021 01:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 02-05-2019, 16:07:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

A word of advice if to test, do not do it on a mob that can attack you since it also procs from parries
1 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

(since 18-01-2022 12:25)

Votes: 140

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 14-11-2019, 19:36:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I believe there are enough proofs to conclude that Blessed Hammer/Hammer of the Righteous have a low change (i.e less then 25%) to proc Grand Crusader while having First Avenger.

Can a class moderator confirm/reject this bug report ? It's been here for 6 months.

Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Protection Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Holy Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5

0 0

Anabolic

[Dizalica]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 22-11-2019, 20:06:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've done tests with WA that u have provided for multiple hours with both HOTR and BH and every single time i had 23%-31% while having First Avenger.Also tested without the talent and proc chance was around 15%-20%.
So this maybe got resolved since bug was reported or when u were testing u weren't using your avenger's shield every time it proced, because WA that u have provided doesn't count refreshes of grand crusader which leads to lower percentage of procs.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by djenis, 22 November 2019 18:07

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 02:12:15
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x