User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [Death Knight] [Frost] Shattering Strikes after recent fixes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message583
ropperogue

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-04-2021 17:55)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 13-08-2020, 20:17:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link:
Shattering Strikes
Frost Strike

Bug description:
Shattering Strikes and Frost Strike are still not interacting fully as intended, even after recent fixes.

TLDR:
Off hand hits of Frost Strike clear Razorice stacks and get buffed by Shattering Strikes even if the main hand does not (instances like main hand applying the 5th Razorice stack, or an auto-attack happens in the middle of the Frost Strike animation). This should not be happening according to Plaguesynth's comment on this post.

To elaborate:
Shattering Strikes now correctly buffs both the main hand and off hand weapon damages when you hit a target with 5 Razorice stacks.

However, when you hit a target with 4 Razorice stacks, weird stuff happens:
    1. If your main hand weapon is enchanted with Rune of Razorice, your main hand hit of Frost Strike will apply the 5th stack and your off hand will consume it, therefore only your off hand hit will get buffed by Shattering Strikes.

2. If you are a quick thinker and decide to enchant your off hand weapon with Rune of Razorice instead, you can avoid this issue (because your main hand Frost Strike hit can't apply Razorice stacks without the enchant). This is what i did on my DK from day 1 of this patch.

3. That is, however, a band-aid solution. Not having Rune of Razorice on your main hand weapon breaks some spells like Frostscythe completely. (Frostscythe and some other spells only apply Razorice stacks if you have the enchant on your main hand weapon). It also does not prevent a 5th Razorice stack from being applied by a random auto-attack happening in the middle of Frost Strike animation.

The suggested fix is to tie main hand and off hand hits of Frost Strike completely, so that neither gets buffed if the other does not. The first step was already made (you made off hand also get buffed if main hand clears the stacks), now the only thing left to do is prevent off hand hits from clearing the stacks if the main hand or accidental auto-attack applies them.

Proof:
Really easy to test: just put Rune of Razorice on your main hand weapon, get your target to 4 Razorice stacks and hit Frost Strike. You will see that the off hand hit will do almost double the main hand hit's damage (and that happens because of reasons listed above)

If you really require solid proof, I can record a video of my screen ingame showcasing the bug, but I don't thing it's necessary.

0 0

ropperogue

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-04-2021 17:55)

Post Posted: 14-08-2020, 13:44:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I decided to create some solid proof to prevent a misunderstanding from happening.

In this video you will see my character with only the weapon equipped to lower my stats and prevent random procs and crits from happening. I show you my main hand weapon is enchanted with Razorice and off hand with Fallen Crusader. There's a weak aura tracking Razorice stack in the middle of the screen for convenience and my combat log is in the bottom right. You see me getting the dummy to 4 Razorice stacks and walking back to get out of melee range and prevent auto attacks from happening. Then i press Frost Strike and you can clearly see the Razorice stacks go to 5 and then instantly get cleared. This is because main hand hit of Frost strike applied the 5th stack and off hand hit cleared them, buffing itself in the process. And you can see in my combat log that Frost Strike main hand did 150k dmg and Frost Strike off hand did 191k dmg, which is clearly not supposed to happen.

Here's the video for your viewing pleasure: https://youtube.com/watch?v=z1f1csTM1zo:

0 0

naboum

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-03-2021 17:46)

Post Posted: 20-08-2020, 23:16:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I have the same problem aswell. Shattering strike should always increase both main hand and offhand frost strikes. It should also never proc in between main hand and offhand frost strikes, always before main hand.

0 0

Plaguesynth

[Blood DK Masina ]

(since 03-06-2023 12:53)

Votes: 51

Post Posted: 07-09-2020, 20:03:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The interaction is as it should be , sadly that's how it works , my bad on the wrong information on the comment I discussed it later on on private with the Dev that it shouldn't work like that .
On warcraft logs you can clearly see that if you use Frost strike on 4 stacks Mainhand applies 5 th stack , offhand uses it and activates shattering strikes for increased damage + resets stacks .

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/d3pxQJy8LMAbPB9R#fight=1&&source=9&&type=summary&&view=events

If you can track down events from 00:00:03.672 - 00:00:06.926 you'll notice that this dk did use it on 4 stacks and only his Offhand hit was empowered , meaning that the Shattering strikes works blizzlike now .

Sorry for the long wait time to clearify this report .

Rejected .

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Plaguesynth, 07 September 2020 18:03

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 15:38:19
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x