User
Pass
2FA

Leveraging private server flexibility to compensate for Blizzard design failures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion -> Suggestions
Author Message284
Zaranthos

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-09-2023 21:28)

Post Posted: 14-01-2021, 16:25:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This suggestion has the potential to address one of the glaring failures of Blizzard that began probably even pre-Legion but was the worst in BfA, and that is scaling and leveling balance as it relates to heirloom gear. Heirlooms were once a commodity that made leveling much easier and more fun but they have become largely useless and frankly under powered in many BfA scaling scenarios. Sure some classes and specs do fine, but many do not. Some content is nearly impossible for solo play because scaling makes it impossible to play in some areas where quest rewards and mob dropped items are completely useless as your level rapidly outpaces the original game design. These problems are only made worse when combining heirloom gear with higher than normal server XP rates and you're left with quests that are basically impossible until you level past the scaling cap for a particular zone.

The solution? Why not add custom heirlooms for wrist, hands, waist, and feet. Give players more automatically scaling gear choices to compensate for game design that really doesn't work well. It gives players the option to have gear that works more like it was originally intended in low level content where current gear is mostly useless as you level. It also adds more revenue potential for Freakz developers and staff.

It's not hard to prove my point. Play a mage with a current set of full heirlooms and try to do all the starter area quests solo. How hard are some of the areas like mines, or places where trash is in groups larger than 2 or 3? Can you do Hogger solo like you could in the past by just gaining a few more levels and going back to it? I guess the alternative is just skip quests that are harder, but that's now how the game was designed to be played either.

0 0

vhaany

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-02-2022 12:47)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 16-01-2021, 18:06:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I dont think that the devs from Freakz want to spend time one "fixing" a problem that has nothing to do with the end level content. The focus will always be on the next Patches for Bfa or fixing current/old content. Also since you have a exp boost that makes it a lot faster, even if you cant do certain quests, to level it should not be focused.
If you look at how long you actually need from 1-120 you quickly will realize that its not worth to fix anything. But thats just my point of view.

Best Regards

0 0

Zaranthos

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-09-2023 21:28)

Post Posted: 17-01-2021, 00:10:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There are quite a few places that just playing the game is brutally painful. I'm doing the WoD starting scenario with a full set up upgraded heirloom gear. I die over and over again and places the like the arena, at least with a mage, are just an abomination of terrible game design that was ruined with scaling to the point of a nearly impossible way to play the game. Dying over and over again in an intro scenario was not a thing when those expansion were released. While you can skip stuff there are things you might want to do that are just so broken as to ruin the leveling experience. Used the boost for another character so you can't just skip everything if you want to level new characters. It's short sighted to ignore old content or old problems.
0 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion -> Suggestions  

The time now is 29-04-2024, 18:57:01
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x