User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [Mage][Frost] Frostweaving Brain Freeze Procs (with Frostbolt)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs
Author Message838
Xpect

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-06-2021 09:49)

Post Posted: 14-12-2020, 14:35:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://testbfa.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=190447&name=brain-freeze

Character name: Rahaa

Bug description: Frostbolts that proc brain freeze should do so after a very short grace period so that if the player already has a proc, he can consume it before the new proc replace it. To be clear if you already have a brain freeze buff active and you are casting a frostbolt (assuming that frostbolt will trigger another brain freeze) you should be able to consume 2 brain freeze procs consecutively by spamming Flurry while the cast is finishing off.

P.S: This effect should also happen with Ebonbolt spell which is currently working fine.

Proof: I can't record a video for this issue myself but it should be easily tested by having a WA/TMW tracking brain freeze buff.

Last edited by Xpect on 14-12-2020, 14:36:37; edited 1 time in total
1 0

telesto

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-03-2021 12:16)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 14-12-2020, 23:14:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Interesting. Do you have a retail video of that?

Never seen this what you have mentioned and I quote: "be able to consume 2 brain freeze procs consecutively by spamming Flurry while the cast is finishing off."

0 0

Xpect

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 15-12-2020, 11:23:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The reason you haven't seen that can be because consuming the second brain freeze proc right after the first one is wrong rotation-wise, I just put it there to clarify what I meant about the grace period.

Also you should be able to see this happen in any frost mage running thermal void talent in a single target fight; for example you can see this happen in the video below, notably on 12:30 and 13:35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6eFN60TRqk&t=764s

0 0

telesto

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-03-2021 12:16)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 15-12-2020, 17:35:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Asking for a grace period for the buff aura that is getting procced by a spell that requires at least 1000ms to cast is kind of weird. I would imagine if the Brain freeze was procced from an instant spell but clearly that isn't the case. It is more of a case of skill of tracking your auras to /stopcasting Frost Bolt and utilise your Brain Freeze procs more efficiently. Let see what Mage mod thinks.
0 0

Xpect

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 15-12-2020, 18:42:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'm getting the impression that you've never played a frost mage in legion/bfa because this effect should be familiar with anyone that has done so; but to be sure that this bug (which makes playing frost really unsatisfactory) gets fixed I will provide you with this link: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Brain_Freeze

you can see the hotfix related to this bug there (2017-01-31). This effect has seen no changes since legion.

0 0

Anabolic

[Dizalica]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 16-12-2020, 17:53:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I will test this when i am able to since I am waiting for new ram to arrive.

But to be honest im pretty sure it works correctly because it is impossible that there is no grace period if ebonbolt gives you BF proc when you Ebonbolt into flurry and then you get BF proc from ebonbolt that was delay procced after your bf was consumed,same thing happens with frostbolt.

Also I asked for proc system to be ported from legion where it worked properly and I was talking to same dev when it was getting fixed back then too so like i said i highly doubt it isn’t working as intended,but will check it out when i can.

0 0

Anabolic

[Dizalica]

(online 1 week ago)

Post Posted: 18-12-2020, 19:41:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Okay tested it just now and yes indeed it got broken after proc generation fix. Confirmed Trello Card.
0 0

Anabolic

[Dizalica]

(online 1 week ago)

Post Posted: 17-01-2021, 17:28:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This was fixed long time ago ,but bot didn't move it for some reason.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Anabolic, 17 January 2021 15:28

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 17:02:34
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x