User
Pass
2FA

What class would you recomand for this expansion for an old player with donated gear

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion -> Q & A
Show only staff posts
Author Message240
Caltau

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-01-2021 16:43)

Post Posted: 22-01-2021, 21:16:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello,

As the title says, last time i was played here was during Cataclysm. I'd like to start playing again and buy a full gear character from the website, but, i'd like if possible to hear different opinions. What class do you guys recommend for PVE? These are the things im interested:

- DPS class. (tank / healer doesnt interest me)
- how fun is the rotation? is it challenging?
- how good is this class compared with other classes
- is this class played by everyone?

Of course, if you have other points of view, please feel free to share them. And a big, big BIIIG thank you, because I'l buy my character based on your suggestions and my research. Peace!

0 0

Fanca

[Super-Moderator]

(since 21-03-2024 14:24)

Votes: 15

Post Posted: 22-01-2021, 22:13:42 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Caltau,

This is the class that got my attention in BfA (keep in mind that we're at 8.0.1 but the class changes are 8.3.7 which makes a difference from us and retail)

Demon Hunter - In my opinion that would be the best melee class regarding any PvE content, it has big utility kit, survivability and indeed does insane amount of damage in the right hands. The rotation isn't really challenging but if you want to play it good you still must know the ins and out of the class itself. In my opinion the hardest thing to "master" in Havoc DH would be the ability to be able to predict how many spells you can fit in one Meta window or what spell should be the next since your fury(resource) is changing drastically all the time. If you decide to make a DH you can ask me any questions about it. Havoc DH is as well being useful in a lot other situations such as:

-Avoid wide raid/group damage while using Darkness.

-Providing your group with a debuff which increases the magic damage taken by 5% while you're attacking the target: Chaos Brand

-High mobility which can be used in lots of different situations. Example would be: baiting mechanics, soaking, carrying an object to desired place(such as the orbs on Ghuun)

-Being able to self heal for a medium amount of time making healer's job quite easier.

-A good AoE stun called Chaos Nova.

-A very good high AoE burst damage, super useful for pushing high m+ keys or for killing a big pack of adds fast, example would be the adds on the 2nd boss in Uldir.

The class is indeed popular and it is becoming even more played with BfA for obvious reasons. Regardless of other people's opinions that the class is easy and boring, I think that that's one of the funniest classes in the game. I know that you're seeking for dps class, but do keep in mind that Demon Hunters can be very good tanks, not the best but decent enough to do end game content if you are good enough.

I don't know if I have missed something about it so if I did, feel free to add more regarding it.

Best Regards,
Fanca

Feel free to contact me via forum PM or discord. (Fanca#6164)
2 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Fanca, 12 April 2021 20:03

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion -> Q & A  

The time now is 29-04-2024, 03:16:58
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x