User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] HUGE Damage Scaling bug

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs
Author Message548
Silvahaze

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-11-2022 19:43)

Post Posted: 02-03-2021, 10:37:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link:
Character name: Silvahaze
Bug description: Damage Scaling is beyond broken.
Proof:
So, I first encountered this whilst playing on a level 110 character. I had some decent gear from legion on a 110 and decided to make a twink for fun and to boost friends through dungeons. I got them setup with legion legendaries, hoa and 210 gear but I couldn't help but feel like my damage wasn't what it should be against higher level mobs (elites and bosses) So I started paying attention more. Now, against mobs my level I was able to do judgement crits with wings up for 4.7k in prot spec. but then we would get to the boss being level 112 and all of a sudden those 4.7k crits go all the way down to 1.9k crits. there was also one time whilst I was questing to gain some artifact power where I had an encounter with a level 120 warrior. they decided to attack me (i was on my level 110 druid so scaling really hit me hard) and so of course I tried to defend myself, and whereas on retail I would have stood a good chance against them with the gear I had, here I couldn't even break their passive absorb shield azerite trait because my damage against them was nerfed by such atrocious levels.

and this doesn't just affect lower levels, even at 120 say you're in a dungeon run, it happens too, my 120 shaman would be doing 14k lava bursts then we get to the boss and it goes down to 7k crits....

I was considering upgrading my donor pieces to 395 on my druid but I really don't see the point when because of this scaling bug, the second we reach a boss or elite mob my damage will just go straight down the drain.
As well as that Its simply not fair somebody should stand no chance against a higher level, somebody could be well geared for their level yet be unable to do anything to defend themselves against a guy running around in greens only a couple levels ahead of them due to their damage being lowered and the enemies damage being raised against them

I gathered some screenshots to prove my point too.

Here you can see my damage against a level 110 elite https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MLLUWcxwb0WCXEg_3K1k2tXWArnaARNX/view?usp=sharing

Then here against a target dummy https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HHwvzdMn-fLQi8393AVqAufcvRV8IXU0/view?usp=sharing

And here against a max level player https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JTZwqn_D3duI8QRjBNDtyfCa0TqRXjuC/view?usp=sharing
in addition, this player managed to crit me for nearly 30k whilst having such low ilvl so seems the damage is being scaled up too

Last edited by Silvahaze on 02-03-2021, 18:27:28; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Fokume

[Very Important Person]

(since 21-08-2021 20:08)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 02-03-2021, 20:46:27 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi Silvahaze,

I can see that you have posted videos of proof, but sadly it's not openly accessable. Regarding the issue that you are experiencing it seems that it's not an issue after all.
According to the information that you have stated above I can read that you claimed to have -

* Example A ( 210 ilvl and 110 character critting 4,7k Judgement)
* Example B ( 210 ilvl and 112 character critting 1,9k Judgement)

This could be due to the fact that the abilities that you are trying to cast towards those npcs are affected by your secondary stats and armor as well taking in fact the level difference.

We could take for an example regarding secondary stats 113 Critical strike would give you different results depending on the level that your character is at -

1.57 % - 120

4.88 % - 112

5.59 % - 111

5.77 % - 110

You can see that your Secondary stats are affected by the amount of stats that you have on yourself the same goes for the Primary stats.
If items are not being replaced for items that would increase your primary stats the abilities in results would deal a lot less damage overtime after you levelup.
As well different bosses have different amount of armor to them, the same goes Dummies. There are dummies that have less armor and others have have less depending on the type of the npc that they are.
You can read up more on that here - https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_reduction (This post might be a little outdated but it should give your general information regarding the issue that you have experienced)

When it comes to PVP we have disabled PVP scaling so we would be able to avoid any future alike exploits with low level characters killing other players with 1 ability.
Understanding the frustration our team had come to a conclusion that it would be in everyones best interest to avoid having PVP scaling in open world so it wouldn't affect overall gameplay for people that might be targeted.

I have come to a conclusion that there's no issue, so I will be forced to reject this post.
If you feel like I might have missed out some points, please feel free to contact me via Discord (Fokume#1445) and I will try to assist you to the best of my capabilities.

Best Regards,
Fokume

5 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Fokume, 02 March 2021 18:46

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 23:31:07
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x