User
Pass
2FA

Horn of Winter and Ghoul (Death Knight)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1097
Mephistopheles

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-12-2010 11:55)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 02-08-2010, 11:27:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Whenever you use Horn of Winter, it should apply buff to pets (including DK's Ghoul (tested with Master of Ghouls)) too. However it works only when you're in a party/raid. Using it without group, casts buff only on player.

Farewell here, no matter where. Conscripts of good will, ours will be a ferocious philosophy; ignorant as to science, rabid for comfort; and let the rest of the world croak. This is the real advance. Marching orders, let's go!
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 02-08-2010, 12:24:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't see anything on wowhead/wowwiki about this. Any proof from retail ?

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Mephistopheles

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-12-2010 11:55)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 02-08-2010, 20:57:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Maybe I didn't explain the issue clearly enough (seeing as my English is fairly limited). While you have members in party, whenever you use Horn of Winter, your pet gets buff too (although the tooltip says "party & raid members" only). Now the problem is that when you're alone (not in a party or raid) and use the buff, it gets applied only to Death Knight.
The Blizzard made some questionable decisions concerning WoW, but I'm pretty sure that even they wouldn't be so insane, as to force Death Knights team up every 3 minutes in order to buff their ghoul.
While I couldn't find any official statement concerning this, I couldn't find any complaints either (think about it. There surely would be people complaining about whole "create party to buff ghoul" thing).

If you're asking about buffing ghoul while in raid (this does work correctly here):

- Warlock Forum thread about Horn of Winter being cast on their pet (imp)
"4. Ask for appropriate buffs on your Imp if any are missing. Don't be shy about it! Blessing of Might and Horn of Winter are not appropriate buffs."
Horn of Winter can be cast on Warlocks Imps, therefore it can be cast on Ghoul as well.

- Official WoW forums thread about Glyphs
Of particular notice should be sentences saying "But I see death knights out there, using Glyph of Horn of Winter. Heck, I'm the only one without it! It has a side effect; since my Horn of Winter is inferior to the glyphed version that has a longer duration, I cannot cast mine. And that means, I cannot get the 10 runic power unless I have just recently summoned a pet or a ghoul, or someone needs rebuffing."
The whole thread is about not being able to cast Horn of Winter without glyph (which prolongs it's duration) when there is already running a better (3 min version) on members. "unless I have just recently summoned a ghoul" - obviously this means that Horn of Winter can be applied to ghoul.

The reason that there is no mention of Horn of Winter effect on Ghoul while WITHOUT party members is that because no one ever thinks of saying it, since it's obvious (unless it's not working of course).

Farewell here, no matter where. Conscripts of good will, ours will be a ferocious philosophy; ignorant as to science, rabid for comfort; and let the rest of the world croak. This is the real advance. Marching orders, let's go!
0 0

Nho

[CALL NINEONEONE]

(since 13-12-2010 15:40)

Votes: 18

Post Posted: 02-08-2010, 21:15:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

PROOF:

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-09-2024, 23:07:04
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x