User
Pass
2FA

ANTI Anti AFK Bot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1246
Anti-Anti AFK Bot

[Mentally Stable]

(since 06-09-2013 01:24)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 04-09-2013, 05:40:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I have grown rather tired of all the AFK Botters on Alliance. Even more so tired about every Gm assuming I'm some nub that doesn't know the difference even though unless you played WoW since beta, I probably played it longer than you.

All you alliance afk nubs better learn to stop because I play often, and I will record and report every last one of you. After all, getting you banned helps me two fold. First, it increases the chance I might win, and secondly it shortens the Alliance BG queue.

Also, I'm posting in English section instead of ban section out of fairness. To give all of you afk botters a warning first so that some of you may be spared.

Here is a screenshot from the Video Capture. The video capture itself will be sent to GM's - Bye Frostblaze.

IMG: http://i40.tinypic.com/9iffqg.jpg

0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-11-2013 03:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 04-09-2013, 09:04:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yea i was just in bg with frostblaze, and the 2 i reported in ban section at the same time.. 3 AFKERS AT ONCE! it's bullshyt that they don't get permabanned.

0 0

thebotz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-10-2014 21:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 04-09-2013, 16:20:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since I take 4 spots myself and I usually queue with other people, I don't see many bots on horde side, and when I do, I just solo the report afk feature to boot them out instantly.

On the other side, afks and bots don't give a s*** if they're getting destroyed, while many real players will leave when they see me in their graveyard. This leaves me with a bunch of afks/bots and a flow of players coming in, noticing the match is worthless for them and leaving.

I don't bother trying to report them simply because it isn't fair for the players that just gave up after x deaths and might make me think they're afk.

While reporting on the forums is good if you're really fealing vindictive, the report afk in-game feature is better if you actually want a replacement quickly. It takes 3 reports to activate it, and once it's on, the player has 60 seconds to engage in the BG in order not to get booted. 'Getting engaged' means more than simply jumping to avoid an /afk mark. It means attacking an opposing player (getting hit dosen't count) or interacting with a flag of sorts (WSG/EotS flag or capping flags from AB/Gilneas). Note though that no amount of reports will speed up those 60 seconds. 3 reports will do the job just as well as 14.

Now, there's 2 things you want to report. AFK players, and bots. What's the difference?

An AFK player won't move at all, will stay in the initial spawn and thus will be very easy to notice once the match starts (and even before sometimes). If left be, they might get booted all by themselves after 5 minutes. Either way, if you call out to report them, you can probably get them out whitin the first minute of the match.

The bot is trickier. There's a whole lot of things they can do, depending on how complex and well programmed they are. What's consistant, though, is that they'll always do the same thing through the entire match. The most common bot (at least in those I noticed) just spam a bunch of in-game macros over and over. Those usually include :

/targetfriendplayer
/follow

/script RepopMe();

/cast (Insert random spell here)

/use (Insert mount here)

What this does is a player that will start following the nearest player of his faction, may or may not mount up when out of combat, and will cast a random spell (or maybe even a sequence of spell) whenever off cooldown. They will also release absolutely instantly when they die (the dying animation and sound won't have time to play, you might even mistake it for a vanish if the target is a rogue until you see the released corpse on the ground).

Example 1 :

Human rogue in WSG. At first, I think him as simply bad, since he cloak'd away my flame shocks, but didn't vanish. Confuses me as he seems to vanish at the moment of death. Corpse on the ground though. Then I realise he's running in a wall at one point. Then I notice he's following people. And my new cooldown tracking addon always shows him with cloak on cooldown, but nothing else. Sure enough, I see him cloak immediatly when his cloak cooldown hits 0.

Example 2 :

Horde DK that seemed completely normal, always being on the flag area in gilneas. But at one point, I see him standing in some random spot, mounted. I disregard and pass by. Surprise, I'm now multiboxing 5 DKs instead of 4. Except the fifth is worthless. I hit the afk report on all my toons and resumes fighting. A few kills later, I notice the DK is still there, kissing some other player's butt. He mounts up under my eyes. Reported again. Turns out, he was spamming his icy touch button, which broke the 60 second countdown if any enemy player passed him. I eventually still got him booted, since he was following a defending player. I simply had to kill people before they got there for those 60 seconds.

Long story short, the in-game report feature is your friend just as much as the forums. Don't forget it, because I've seen replacements dramatically change the outcome of a BG.

The irony of multiboxing is that it only truly shines when it's supported by normal players.

Soulbotz/Botzdotcom. Quad elemental, quad DK, will take full advantage of above statement.
0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-11-2013 03:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 05-09-2013, 02:32:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

lol except allys 9x outta 10 never report people afk lol. ive told people a million times.

also, it's generally fairly simple usually to tell a botter from your avg. afk player -

0 0

Macedo931
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-05-2015 13:04)

Votes: 49

Post Posted: 05-09-2013, 10:51:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nazty wrote:
lol except allys 9x outta 10 never report people afk lol. ive told people a million times.

Even if there are 1 or 2 people blessed with a brain in a BG which do notice someone AFK, even if they report him and spam on BG chat to report that person, people either won't notice it or will simply report those brained people for spamming.

0 0

Wolwerine

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2015 18:06)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 05-09-2013, 20:08:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Its enough to 3-4 people report them afk and they are gone within min or two if they are afkers, if bot frap mode -
0 0

Anti-Anti AFK Bot

[Mentally Stable]

(since 06-09-2013 01:24)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 05-09-2013, 23:55:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yea macedo.. i never been victim of a kick for spamming afk people, but my spamming afk people usually doesn't help either -
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 23-09-2024, 23:23:32
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x