User
Pass
2FA

An idea I thought of

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1806
Palanormal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-04-2020 13:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 17-04-2018, 02:14:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

A lot of the time, or at certain hours, a player will ask for help on global_en, and be received with lots of troll answers or straight up wrong answers. There
are few people who actually give them the right answer. Maybe, just maybe, there could be a help channel where new players or curious players can ask
anything about the game, lore, class, etc. and players who actually want to help can sit there and wait for questions to roll in. Not really sure if this is a good idea or not, but it just seems like a recurring thing where someone asks a question, and gets fluttered with troll answers or maybe even completely wrong
answers. I mean hell, even I like to dabble and say a random slightly unfunny answer from time to time. Like I said just an idea, and hey maybe you even had a system like this and it failed, idk something I just thought of while exploring Azeroth.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 17-04-2018, 15:20:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
A lot of the time, or at certain hours, a player will ask for help on global_en, and be received with lots of troll answers or straight up wrong answers.

Welcome to the internet.

Quote:
Maybe, just maybe, there could be a help channel where new players or curious players can ask anything about the game, lore, class, etc. and players who actually want to help can sit there and wait for questions to roll in.

There will always be people who will join that channel just to troll the other players.

0 0

Palanormal

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-04-2018, 06:29:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
There will always be people who will join that channel just to troll the other players.

I actually disagree with this, and correct me if I'm wrong. Players don't deliberately go out and try to troll people on global_en, it only happens when there is an opportunity, like for example, say someone doesn't know where something is and asks on global, that is an opportunity to troll. I don't think people would intentionally go to the Global_help, if it was called that, just to give people wrong answers. If there is one thing that I learned from trolls, it's that they like to have an audience, and receive attention. Global_en, a channel where lots of people go to to talk and hang out, is that big audience.

Also, regarding your picture "Google is your friend" sure, google can be very useful, I'm not denying that. But, to actually find your answer you have to either, tab out, or look to your other screen and sift through different websites just to find your answer. Why go through the hassle of that, when you can just go to a channel where a select few handpicked individuals that actually know the game will respond to you within minutes, if not seconds.

Here are some examples of people trolling individuals that actually want an answer but don't receive one, https://imgur.com/a/UEmQZan . The last image shows someone who responds with "Google?" Where if this was in the help channel that reply would be "You have to kill the specific mob that drops the key, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask here." It just seems to me that a Global help channel would be very beneficial to not only the players asking, but for the server in general, Trolls are in one channel, legitimate answers in the other.

Maybe I am thinking about this too hard, but those 3 pictures I showed you, and everyone else who looks, are just some of the MANY troll replies I see in one session of playing. Maybe it won't work, but giving it a try might not be the worst thing. If you disagree please leave a reply saying how I'm an idiot and I'm wrong I love receiving feedback -

Sorry for the late reply,

- Pyyrhus

1 0

LethalFactorLK

[Very Important Person]

(since 03-03-2021 16:57)

Votes: 220

Post Posted: 19-04-2018, 10:27:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The Members on Freakz Discord are quite helpful http://discord.freakz.ro/ when it comes to solving problems

1 0

Palanormal

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-05-2018, 20:00:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sorry for the late reply, been busy for quite awhile.

Quote:
The Members on Freakz Discord are quite helpful http://discord.freakz.ro/ when it comes to solving problems

Although I do agree with you, it impedes my point in general. For a recap, my point was that why go through the trouble of either getting trolled, or sifting through multiple websites to find your answer, when you can just ask in a help channel and get the answer you're looking for. The help channel delivers a fast, troll-free option to ask for help. Like I said before, trolls motives are pretty simple, to receive attention for the act that they did, and for the person on the receiving end to show emotion by typing up a storm and getting mad at them.

You can't even look some answers up on google anymore since Retail is 7.3.5 if i'm not mistaken so, the information is invalid because from the time 7.1.5 came out to the time 7.3.5 came out, Blizzard could have changed that said thing you were wondering about. My point is, is that anything you look up on google comes from 7.3.5 information, meaning, you could end up with the wrong information just because that said thing was updated or changed since 7.1.5.

All I'm saying is, is that a help channel would be EXTREMELY helpful to players. Since my last post I have seen numerous amounts of people leaving unsatisfied because people refuse to answer him/her, and the people that actually do try to help, gets their response pulled up in the chat box. Resulting in the said player not seeing it. A few hand picked individuals that know the game to the core, could change the very way new players are treated. I end my rant here

Again thank you for your patience.
-Pyyrhus

0 0

Relinquish

[His Infernal Majesty]

(since 02-05-2019 12:40)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 09-05-2018, 14:42:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As a general idea, I would probably second that.
But then, you'd have to think about the effects of it. There are 3k+ people constantly playing, and a lot of them are new to the game, just moved from an older expansion, or just not experienced enough.
The ones that happen to know a few things about the game, will just find the answers by themselves, and prefer not to ask on global, due to the fear of being laughed at.
Very few people know EVERYTHING about the game, the rest of them would probably use the help channel, which makes me pretty sure the spam would make it almost impossible to actually ask something and get an answer, as almost everyone will have questions.
On global, it's true, you can see a lot of people taking the piss out of other people who ask stuff, but what you CAN'T see, is that most of the players that are willing to help, will reply in a whisper, so that a proper conversation can be held.
There are people who WOULD help, that ARE helping, and that WILL help. and from my point of view, this is happening without a specific help channel.
I asked a few things myself when I was just too lazy to grab my phone and google it, and beyond the global trolls, I usually received 2 or 3 whispers from a few nice guys (usually the same ones) that explain everything and are willing to respond to further in-depth questioning.

I'm a man whose tragedies have been replaced with memories tattooed upon my soul.
0 0

Palanormal

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-05-2018, 16:56:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yeah, you do have a point. When you said
Quote:
the rest of them would probably use the help channel, which makes me pretty sure the spam would make it almost impossible to actually ask something and get an answer
I was thinking we could implement a slow mode, but give immunity to the hand picked individuals so they can answer freely without having a timer that keeps you from answering. The Help_Channel is definitely flawed. But I feel like if we worked on it a bit our new players would be treated much more like actual players, instead of getting laughed at and trolled. I don't know, like I said my first post, it was just an idea I thought of. Thanks for the feedback. I'm just tired of seeing new players that want to play here, get picked on when they ask a question.

Pyyrhus

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 06-05-2024, 15:00:44
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x