User
Pass
2FA

[Auction House] Lets talk about the AH, and items lost by sellers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion
Show only staff posts
Author Message889
Cheewy

[Bubblegum Master]

(since 11-08-2023 19:31)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 09-01-2021, 15:21:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

First of all this isnt a "im going to whine" post, please take the following text with a grain of salt and actually care about what you're thinking when and if you aproach to reply

So, to date, its obvious, and the devs/gm's are aware that there are major issues with the current AH, from stealing gold to missing items, or stright up the AH ceasing to work when you use some keybindings, or shortcuts.
But that isnt why im doing this. Rather i want to talk about the ratio of missing items posted by players, and the rarity of those items that tend to go "missing" more often than not.

I've sold many things in the AH so far in BFA, anything from simple mats, to alchemy flasks / pots / cooking / enchants / inscription trinkets etc...

So far i've only lost a total of 3 items in the AH, all 3 of them where inscription trinkets, 2 Fathoms decks and 1 Squalls deck, and i know as a fact that i never got a message saying that a buyer was found, so i assume that they were sold when i was offline with the character that had them for sale yet i've sold many other things while offline and successfully got the gold back. So far i haven't lost anything else, nor "wasted" any gold buying things that i never got mailed back. Yet i've heard histories from players of all kinds so far which makes me think that it may not be due to been offline/online, but something else.

With that said, is there some sort of trend as to which type of items are more susceptible to go missing?, because so far i've started to see that those who lose items or gold in the AH tend to do it with similar kind of wares, in my example losing inscription trinkets, while i know of a player that lost alot of gold trying to buy herbs he never got, yet i've not had a single issue trading with herbs.

Also, is there a possibility that players can exploit the ah in some way shape or form as to withdraw items / gold without losing what is in the AH?, i know that this is a wild guess and from my own knowledge doesnt make any sense, but so far, i wouldn't be impressed if such an exploit existed in the server via a vulnerability of the AH ui, considering some other issues that have persisted for quite some time. Knowingly and un-knowingly.

I would appreciate any feedback from other sellers as to try and gauge if there is a correlation bettween what is lost and how.

Fertilized by solitude, watered by tears of the moon, the night blooming flower shines for eternity.
0 0

truepower

[epicFacegaming1337]

(since 10-06-2022 18:27)

Votes: 91

Post Posted: 09-01-2021, 21:13:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi there i lost 2 darkmoon trinkets too , 1x fathom deck and 1x of the tides deck...looking forward for a reply from the staff
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 10-01-2021, 12:14:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Cheewy wrote:
First of all this isnt a "im going to whine" post, please take the following text with a grain of salt and actually care about what you're thinking when and if you aproach to reply

So, to date, its obvious, and the devs/gm's are aware that there are major issues with the current AH, from stealing gold to missing items, or stright up the AH ceasing to work when you use some keybindings, or shortcuts.
But that isnt why im doing this. Rather i want to talk about the ratio of missing items posted by players, and the rarity of those items that tend to go "missing" more often than not.

I've sold many things in the AH so far in BFA, anything from simple mats, to alchemy flasks / pots / cooking / enchants / inscription trinkets etc...

So far i've only lost a total of 3 items in the AH, all 3 of them where inscription trinkets, 2 Fathoms decks and 1 Squalls deck, and i know as a fact that i never got a message saying that a buyer was found, so i assume that they were sold when i was offline with the character that had them for sale yet i've sold many other things while offline and successfully got the gold back. So far i haven't lost anything else, nor "wasted" any gold buying things that i never got mailed back. Yet i've heard histories from players of all kinds so far which makes me think that it may not be due to been offline/online, but something else.

With that said, is there some sort of trend as to which type of items are more susceptible to go missing?, because so far i've started to see that those who lose items or gold in the AH tend to do it with similar kind of wares, in my example losing inscription trinkets, while i know of a player that lost alot of gold trying to buy herbs he never got, yet i've not had a single issue trading with herbs.

Also, is there a possibility that players can exploit the ah in some way shape or form as to withdraw items / gold without losing what is in the AH?, i know that this is a wild guess and from my own knowledge doesnt make any sense, but so far, i wouldn't be impressed if such an exploit existed in the server via a vulnerability of the AH ui, considering some other issues that have persisted for quite some time. Knowingly and un-knowingly.

I would appreciate any feedback from other sellers as to try and gauge if there is a correlation bettween what is lost and how.

So first of all I'll talk about my personal, and reported, information about what I've figured out so far.

Personally, I've had absolutely no issues with any kinds of materials or any consumables. I've also been able to sell random BFA green weapons/armor without problems.

The only thing that caused me to lose things were semi-expensive Epic BoE items, such as some mounts and a tabard.

From reports I'm observing in tickets and on Discord, it seems to primarily happen to

- BoE trinkets such as the Darkmoon ones
- Mounts (especially MoP Panthers)
- Bags (the epic 30 slotters from Legion)

Now, an initial fix has already been pushed to live 2 days ago, which was supposed to

1) Fix the issue
2) Return ALL lost items to the poster

However, from what I can tell, it's still happening, and I've only heard from one player that they got one (of many) items returned. My personal lost things are still gone.

All of the above (including the info from this post here) have been reported back to devs already.

Best regards
Sarah

Last edited by Sarah on 10-01-2021, 12:15:22; edited 1 time in total
1 0

popdorel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-09-2022 06:08)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 14-01-2021, 09:51:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So its still a problem ? I lost too many of darkmoon trinkets to try again to sell before I am sure that issue is fixed.

Are here some players which since 2 days ago sold some darkmoon trinkeks on AH without lost them ?

0 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 18:19:26
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x