User
Pass
2FA

Blackwing Decent: Magmaw Strategy Guide

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1534
Ezeky

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-07-2013 21:10)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 31-03-2012, 12:34:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Blackwing Decent: Magmaw Strategy Guide
Normal Abilities:
Magma Spit: Random Range Fire Damage, needs to Heal trough no way to avoid it. [30-40k DMG]
Lava Spew: AoE Raidwide Fire Damage, needs to be Healed trough no way to avoid it. [20k DMG every Second for 3 sec]

Pillar of Flame: AoE ground Effect Fire Damage + Trow in the air, make sure to stay out of this. [70-80k Fire DMG + Fall Damage]
=> Lava Parasites ADDS: Parasitic Infection: Deals DoT DMG to target. [12k every 2sec]
=> Persons affected by Parasitic Infection: Infectious Vomit If parasites reach there Target the person will deal 25k Fire DMG to all Allies in 8y. + Creates Lava Parasites AGAIN. Avoid this.
    !! Best way to deal with the adds.
    Fire Mage Kiting and killing them with a slow from other classes on the Mobs.
    DK Kitting and killing them and slowing them one more Range DPS to kill them faster.

Ignition: AoE Ground Effect Half of the room, Move out asap. [25K Fire DMG]

Mangle: Eats the Target. 110k-130k DMG every 2 seconds. Needs to be Heavy healed. + Tank needs to use a CD.
    !!There needs to be a rotation between Main and Offtank so they can use there CD's. So offtank will taunt afther First mangle, Main tank again after 2th Mange and so on.

Solo Tanking is possible. => Rotation with Tank CD and Healer CD. + Tank needs to Taunt boss and get aggro asap when he gets out of Mangle.

Constricting Chains: When Magmaw uses Mangle on the Tank Players can use Constricting Chains to keep Magmaw Rooted in place all dmg on him during this Phase is increased by 100% due to Point of Vulnerability
    !!When the boss gets out of his Constricting Chains melee needs to be in range and only tank near him since the aggro will be reset, so he doesn't oneshot a melee DPS. (fast Tank taunt works too).

Molten Tantrum: There always needs to be someone in his melee range Or its a Wipefest. => Tank needs to engage fast so that we don't get the debuff.

Positioning:

First way wich I do not Suggest.

Healers and Range DPS will be the first stack, Melee DPS will form a second stack.
Depending on how your choses to deal with the adds there will be a Offtank stacked with melee or kiting the adds in the room.
Range Group Position on one side of the room (close to middle so you can move left or right easy depending on witch side of the room will be Ignited first.

Melee DPS just position on the other side of the boss than where the tank is.

=> stay stacked as much as you can so you can he Healed more easily on the AoE DMG from Lava Spew.

Second way of Positioning. and dealing with mechanics. I suggest this one.

Everyone stack with the melee DPS => Healers and Range DPS also.

3 Persons in range. Best person is Firemage. + Hunter and other AoE Range Class. They will deal with the parasites.

Thats it. Deal with Mangle. CD's on Single tank or with main/offtank. 2-3persons dealing with the Chains.

Should be an easy fight.

Reference: Learn2Raid
https://youtube.com/watch?v=p1-MqwLouJE:

HEROIC changes:

Extra adds during Hc witch needs to be killed by all DPS'ers except the ones dealing with parasites. They will spawn on Pillar of Flame. SO the offtank will take the Big Adds. And DPS just kille them as they spawn. => Only exception is when there is exposed head. Just DPS the boss then.

On <25% Boss HP you need to spread out as much as you can. There will be extra shadow Damage witch is gone be heavy on Healers. So you need to ignore the big adds they need to be kited / Tanked by offtank and Just Burn the boss.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZqJyizYnXkQ:

Good luck and See ya
Ezeky

If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough!

Exodus Realm Alliance Guild: Ejusdem Generis

Last edited by Ezeky on 07-04-2012, 16:28:01; edited 7 times in total
0 0

raxxar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-11-2015 11:03)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 31-03-2012, 14:43:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ezeky better post these guides on our forum -

ps. the guide is not correct -

0 0

Ezeky

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 31-03-2012, 17:24:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

whats wrong? I just have all from guides as well no experiance yet its just a basic Idea so we know what happens I will update when we get more info from how it works on freakz and maybe I'm even wrong on blizzlike but dunno yet -

See ya
Ezeky

0 0

Ezeky

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 04-04-2012, 10:43:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gone wait till the buggs are fixed before I update this. No point in doing that now. Its all pretty messy -

See ya
Ezeky

0 0

Ezeky

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-04-2012, 16:15:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Updated: all should be fine now.

See ya
Ezeky

If you got any suggestions. please let me know.

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-05-2024, 21:08:54
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password