User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Paladin][Holy]Beacon of Virtue vs Raid Group

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message2630
Brigadee

[Click Here!]

(since 29-01-2021 17:05)

Votes: 70

Post Posted: 12-09-2017, 14:24:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: Beacon of Virtue
Bug description: As Seyrox explained on this rejected topic , where flamestalker rejected it without checking it properly, something is weird with Beacon of Virtue when it affects players from different raid groups.
Proof: Oke, i have here a big amount of photos sustaining my post. Check them carefully this time..

The way you will see if Beacon of Virtue works/doesnt work is by the values i get on screen by MSBT addon.
You will see that players have BoV by checking Raid Frame - Buffs, there you will see BoV Icon.

1.Photo where i heal myself/someone and Beacon of Virtue works correctly.

a) I heal myself, Olimpico has Beacon, Beacon heals. ( you may say, 1 flash -> 3beacon heals : beacon affects non party players aswell )
Spoiler:

b) I heal myself twice + trinket healing = 3rows of Beacon healing.
Spoiler:

c) I heal myself once, 3 players has beacon, 3players gets healed.
Spoiler:

2. Photos where i heal myself/someone and Beacon of Virtue doesn't works at all. ( you may say, BoV has 30yards range, but the other players have been in 30yards range by healed player)

a) I heal Olimpico twice, no heal from BoV.
Spoiler:

b) I heal Soryiu, 3players with beacon, nothing happens.
Spoiler:

c) I heal 2players this time, nothing happens.
Spoiler:

3. Photos where i heal myself/someone and Beacon of Virtue sometimes heals, sometimes it doesn't.

a) I heal Olimpico, trinket heals, nothing happens. I heal myself, BoV heals. Strange....
Spoiler:

b) I heal myself, trinket healing, BoV healing aswell. I heal Olimpico, good bye BoV healing....
Spoiler:

c) I heal Olimpico, no BoV heal... I heal Soryiu, no BoV heal... Trinket heals me - kaboom - BoV really heals...
Spoiler:

Good, you have here 3 kind of situations for BoV vs Raid Group...
I had some theories about how this bug works, but every theory i had got busted..
But what i know is that, Raid Group makes this happens, i have no idea how, but it rlly happens, so we can't use this talent on Raids, just on Dungeons..

@Quicksand

Holy Paladin 7.1.5 Guide

1 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 04-10-2017, 15:04:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Can confirm this!

I also noticed that beacon of faith has the same problem. (The talent which lets you place 2 permanent beacons)
With certain constellations the beacons get no healing.
(BoF or BoL on party 1&3, healing on party 2 => no healing on beacon if target in party 2 is not yourself)

What i noticed is, that beacon always works if you heal yourself (doesnt matter in which grp your beacon is then).
But if you heal someone from another group beacon gets no heal.

The same problem also happens with aura of sacrifice, which should replicate any healing you do but only replicates healing on yourself.

Conclusion:
Something is really bugged with holy paladin and you are forced to always heal yourself for reliable beacon (or aura) healing.
Maybe all this problems can be fixed together, because of their similar behaviour.

0 0

novax

[Mentally Stable]

(since 31-07-2018 17:40)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 19-10-2017, 10:14:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirm both issues above :
Even beacon of the lightbringer doesn't work if you heal someone in another group (no mater where your beacon target is) . As mentioned you should always heal yourself or someone in your group so the beacon target get healed from that which is completely WRONG.
Also you should be able to heal someone else when Aura of Sacrifice is active and benefit its effect which is bugged and you should heal JUST yourself to replicate the healing to others.
Now i understand why my beacon healing is too much lower than retail. This issue is so BIG that effects the healing style of holy paladin because healing of beacon normally is the first or second in recount instead of 5th or 6th.

0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

Post Posted: 20-10-2017, 14:36:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

After months of raiding with this bug i am getting tired of it.
Everytime i have to tell leader to put me togheter with tanks in grp, so my beacon somhow does little healing.
Sometimes they won't listen and you literally heal nothing with beacon.

This bug completely breaks holy paladins tank healing power in raids and should be taken into consideration as soon as possible.

0 0

novax

[Mentally Stable]

(since 31-07-2018 17:40)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 02-11-2017, 04:33:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Any developers want to look into thee two problems ? These are serious issues to a holy paladin and deserve at least checking.
Problem 3 : you should be able to activate Auramastery while casting, but currently you cant. I know i should opened a separate topic for that but since apparently no devs cares about spell bug forum, its worthless.
@Quicksand

0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 02-11-2017, 04:37:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

None of the beacons were healing targets outside of your raid group. I removed that limitation, now heals anyone from the raid.
Please try it after the next restart and bring me feedback.

Just so you understand the issue: all beacons have the exact same script, and they only procced if you healed someone with a beacon who was from your group (you are always in the same group with yourself, even if you don't have a group, so that's why all beacons procced when healing yourself). Rookie mistake, I scripted this like a year ago, I should've checked for raid and not only group. Also, Aura of Sacrifice does NOT fall under this category, I verified now, it checks for same raid, not same group

0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

Post Posted: 03-11-2017, 01:04:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Tested it today in raid and it worked fine with beacon of fait talent.
0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 03-11-2017, 03:07:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'll mark this as fixed, I made some tests, seems to be working perfectly
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Quicksand, 03 November 2017 01:07

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 02-05-2024, 09:27:55
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x