User
Pass
2FA

Frost Death Knight PvP Guide 5.4.8 by Amnezx

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message16176
Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 09:54:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Frost Dk PvP Guide

Introduction of myself

Hi! I've started to play death knight since the begining of 4.0.6, before I've played Retribution Paladin @3.2.0-3.3.5 if i remember exactly, and that was my first interaction with WoW. I've Managed to reach 2.2k(with PHDK and with Shadowcleave) in 3s on AT and 2700 in 2s on AT(once with Resto Shaman, once with Holy Paladin). On freakz i've reached 2800 @2s(with H Pala) and about ~1900 @3s.
Talents

Those talents are the "cookie cutter" spec when talking about frost dk.
Now I'm gonna explain each viable talent.

Tier 1: Plague Leech for additional death runes for necrotic strikes or obliterates. You Should chose Plague Leech if You are playing with Asphysiate, otherwise, if you are playing with Chilblains, you should take Unholy Blight in stead of Plague Leech

Tier 2: Lichborne is the only viable talent here as it provides fear break, Poly/Sleep immunity as well as you can heal yourself with Death Coil while under the effect of Lichborne

Tier 3: Asphysiate as it gives the possibility of stunning an enemy once every 3 seconds and it doesen't have any rune cost, unlike Strangulate. If you are playing with rogue/warrior or any comp that involves a lot of stuns, you can choose between Chilblains for more control over the targets, or Death's Advance for the extra mobility.

Tier 4: Why Death Pact? Because runic power for frost dks has much greatear value than it does for unholy dks, so Conversion is not an option while playing frost

Tier 5: Blood tap - simply because it`s not RNG(random number generator) based as other 2 talents are.

Tier 6: Desecrated Ground it's an extra pvp trinket and it's the best option in this tier. However, Gorefiend's Grasp may be useful in 5v5 and rbgs, but in 2v2 and 3v3 is not so good because you already can grip 2 targets, thanks to Relentless Grip - >4 Piece PvP Bonus.
I saw many dks playing with Remorseless Winter, but i find it useless in arena environment. Why? Because you can easely avoid that stun.

Glyphs

Shifting Presences in my opinion is a mandatory glyph.
Dark Simulacrum is mandatory vs spell cleaves.
Icy Touch Because frost dk can purge a lot, thanks to Rime.
Regenerative Magic vs melee cleaves in general so you can avoid magic based ccs from their healers.

Gems-Enchants-Stats

Stat Priorities: 3%hit=3%expertise>Haste>Mastery>Crit or 3%hit=3%exoertise>mastery>haste>crit
Why it's so important to have expertise cap? Because expertise gives spell hit too and you need to cap that if you don't want to miss your spells.

Gems:
Meta - 216 Strength + 3% incresed critical strike damage or Tyrannical Meta Gem when the 5.3 phase is around. (Have both Helms ready, Strength meta still does more damage / burst while Tyrannical Meta Gem is better for surviving)
Red - 160 Strength
Yellow - 80 strength + 160 haste/80 strength + 160 mastery
Blue - 80 strength + 80 pvp power/160 haste + 80 pvp power/160 mastery + 80 pvp power

Professions
In my opinion best Professions for a dk are Tailoring (provides 4000 attack power on proc back enchant) and Engineering (provides 1920 strength on use as hands enchant, and it's stacking with other enchants) and Blacksmithing (provides 2x extra sockets)

Addons
The addons i use are:
Necrotic Track - it tracks the duration and the absorb of necrotic strike
Lose Control - shows the duration of CC effects on yourself or your targets
Omni CC - shows the remaining cooldown of your abilities, or the remaining duration of buffs / debuffs on targets
sArena - arena unit frame addon
Extra Cd - tracks the internal cooldown of your trinkets/enchants/etc.
VialCooldowns - shows the cooldown of your enemy on top of their health bar
SafeQueue - removes the "Leave Queue" button for arenas and battlegrounds
Quartz - cast bars addon
Extra Bars - for those who need an extra action bar(up to max of 4 action bars)

Arena Comps
These are the comps that are viable with frost dk.
PHDK - Paladin(but it can work with other healers too), Hunter, FDk it's a very good comp for dks, it's more bursty than the unholy version of this comp, but it lacks the sustained aoe pressure of unholy.
Shadow Cleave - Healer/FDk/Warlock - Yes, Shadowcleave can work with a frost Dk vs certain comps, but you will need a Holy Paladin as a healer because you need uptime to deal damage and Hand of Freedom can help you.
Smokebomb Cleave - Heal/FDk/Rogue
Liberty Cleave - Heal/Frost Mage/FDk
TSG - Heal/Warrior/FDk - actually the frost version of TSG seems to be much better than the unholy one.
Macros

Self Heal

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast !Lichborne
/cast [target=player] Death Coil

Focus arena 1/2/3 Macros

Code:
/focus arena1

Code:
/focus arena2

Code:
/focus arena3

Target arena1/2/3 Macros
Code:
/target arena1

Code:
/target arena2

Code:
/target arena3

Focus Death Grip
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [target=focus] Death Grip

Focus Strangulate/Asphyxiate

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [target=focus] strangulate

Focus Chanis of Ice

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Chains of ice

Focus Mind Freeze

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [target=focus] Mind Freeze

Focus Dark Simulacrum + Spell use @focus

Code:
#showtooltip dark simulacrum
/target focus
/cast Dark Simulacrum
/click RightActionButton 8 (inlocuiti cu butonul pe care aveti pus macroul)
/targetlasttarget

Remorseless Winter sau Desecrated Ground

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast Remorseless Winter
/cast Desecrated Ground
/run SetMacroSpell("T6",GetSpellInfo("Remorseless Winter") or "Desecrated Ground")

Frost Strike + Blood Tap macro

Code:
#showtooltip Frost Strike
/startattack
/cast Frost Strike
/cast [@focus] Dark Command
/cast Blood Tap

Death Pact

Code:

#showtooltip
/cast [nopet] raise dead
/cast !death pact

Howling Blast

Code:
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast howling blast

Necrotic + Blood Tap

Code:
#showtooltip Necrotic Strike
/startattack
/cast [@focus] dark command
/cast Necrotic Strike
/cast Blood Tap

Burst Macro

Code:
#showtooltip Pillar of Frost
/use 14
/use 10
/cast Pillar of Frost
/use 13
/use 14

Cancelauras

Code:
/cancelaura hand of protection
/cancelaura hand of freedom
/cancelaura divine shield
/cancelaura ice block
/cancelaura conversion

Presence Macros

Code:
/cast Blood Presence
/cast Unholy Presence

Last edited by Amnezx on 28-10-2017, 15:19:45; edited 4 times in total
3 0

Fenriabis

[Account disabled]

(since 30-07-2015 09:31)

Votes: 46

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 10:03:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

In sfarsit !! ma pun sa il citesc si daca este ok pentru mine o sa ai o surpriza.
Este copy paste sau este testat pe freakz?

[quote="bossutai"]Ca enha iti zic sa nu alegi shaman.[/quote]
0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 10:07:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Fenriabis wrote:
In sfarsit !! ma pun sa il citesc si daca este ok pentru mine o sa ai o surpriza.
Este copy paste sau este testat pe freakz?

E freakzlike, dar m`am inspirat la niste chestii dupa arenajunkies.

0 0

darkworld81
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-06-2017 09:31)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 10:28:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

-edited-

Last edited by darkworld81 on 20-10-2015, 12:16:16; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 10:34:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Tocmai ce am spus ca m am inspirat dupa aj... + cateva chestii care nu erau acolo. Arena comps, addons, macros, gemming cu care nu eram de acord... + spell links

0 0

Fenriabis

[Account disabled]

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 10:53:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Is ok if this guide will work on freakz

I read this guide on the official site but i found it strange there

Do you know to create a 1 shot macro that will work on freakz based on the dk rotation ?

And if you can explain me how the Blood Tap works with more details

It has a 12 blood charges.Do you have to do something to use those charges or it will do it automaticly?

0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 11:11:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Fenriabis wrote:
Is ok if this guide will work on freakz

I read this guide on the official site but i found it strange there

Do you know to create a 1 shot macro that will work on freakz based on the dk rotation ?

And if you can explain me how the Blood Tap works with more details

It has a 12 blood charges.Do you have to do something to use those charges or it will do it automaticly?

Firstly, you`ve got that Burst macro for freakz, because the "normal one' isn`t working" Because you have to tap it twice to activate your on-use trinket. With this macro it will 1 activate your on use trinket(be sure is on the 14 spot, the second trinket spot, and your hands enchant if trinket is on cooldown. Afterall it will activate Pillar of Frost. Be careful, for non-human races, it will activate your medalion too(stun trinket), so modify the macro and put your right trinket spot (13 is for upper trinket slot, 14 is for the last one)

Secondly, blood tap works like this: Everytime you cast a Frost Strike(cause we`re talking about frost spec) it gives you 2 stacks of Blood Tap. If you reach 5 stacks or more, if you press it it will consume 5 Blood Charges to activate a random fully-depleted rune as a Death Rune. Now you can use Blood Tap in 2 ways:
1. In a macro with Necrotic Strike or Frost strike or both.
2. On a separate keybind and press it whenever you need it.

0 0

Fenriabis

[Account disabled]

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 11:42:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There is an addon :http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/umberrunes

This one tracks the Blood Tap charges but i could not bring it down from the middle of my screen.i have to try with MoveAnything to see if i can.
You can add this one into your guide.i think is more useful then the others.it tracks a lot of things

I also found this : https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=81229 (wowhead link) so we can confirm that blood tap is better then the others

0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 12:09:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't use any rune addons. I get used do check the default blizzard ui for runes(i know it's bad). In this guide i posted addons that i use

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 11:26:45
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x