User
Pass
2FA

GM's, Big Brother and Unfair Advantage
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message5575
side_fx

[Veni,Vidi,Vici]

(since 10-07-2023 20:13)

Votes: 65

Post Posted: 07-12-2016, 22:15:32 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As you probably know there are plenty of Game Masters on Freakz that are members, officers or even guild masters of the most high-performing PVE guilds.Why do i consider that this is a very unfair advantage? I will explain.
When a player is awarded with a place on the Game Masters staff, beside a lot of responsibilities is given the permision to freely spy any guild in any time in any raid/encounter. And this is totally alright because as you probably all know some players tend to exploit game mechanics in their on interests. This is good, but as I said the GM is free at any time to do this thing even preventive and i guess many times the guild/players who is watching are proven to be OK, and again this is totally fine to be careful, most of staff are just doing their job doing this.
BUT, as i said before, on freakz there are some members of the staff that are part of the high-performing and competitive PVE guilds. This is very tricky and i do not want to point fingers or to do flame with this topic. When you are an old player in a guild, especially in a good and competitive one, you are probably very competitive yourself. Some players are GM's in this kind of guilds and, IN MY OPINION, some are putting the guild over the rank. At this point there are just a few guilds with major PVE progress on HC but the competition is always.
And my question is... What is stopping those who are in this position to spy on other guilds strategies/ raid composition/ encounter CD's and rotations, etc. ?Shouldn't exist a rule or something against this? As I see it, this is a very unfair advantage, and you can call me stupid or paranoic but someone should ask this questions because the Gm's are still players and what player wouldn't do for his guild to be in line or above the others !?
This topic is purely for discussions and opinions about this subject, so let me know what do you guys feel about this. I think it will be closed the day i wrote it but i need to make this beacuse i encounter a particularly GM spying on us in encounters preety often lately and this is wrong as long as we are not doing anything to exploit the content.

11 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 13:57:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings,

As a former GM on Freakz who was part of a very competitive high-end PvE guild, even tho I myself rarely did raids since I was engaged with GM stuff rather then raiding I can assure you that there's no such thing as unfair advantage. There aren't ANY staff members that share raid setups/strategies or ANY other secret content with they're guildmates. Not to mention that SoO is few years old content and all strategies/setups are already discovered.

Cheers, Ash.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

Vagician

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-12-2018 03:52)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 18:48:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I hope you are joking. I'm curious if you know that the encounters are far from Blizzlike and you can't use the normal tacts from Blizzard because they are not working. An example is the Ashen Wall from shamans. Pac-Man Labirint from Sha is not working also etc. It's true we use normal strategies but with some modification and every guild has something specific added to that tact. Now I think is all clear to you @Ashcool.
2 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 18:59:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I am perfectly aware that content isn't 100% blizzlike, however it is as close as it could be, meaning the tactics have to be modified a little, but all the modifications are very close to mind. Few wipes are plenty to redo the tactics.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

Burebysta

[Retired Veteran]

(since 27-08-2022 20:01)

Votes: 245

Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 19:19:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

"What is stopping those who are in this position to spy on other guilds strategies/ raid composition/ encounter CD's and rotations, etc. ?"
You do understand that when a report is submitted or a gossip is going around those responsible investigate. I understand your point but those competent for this exact stuff need to be PvE-wise. I am not competent for so, since I am not raiding on Freakz, but someone else that is doing it can. I hope you get the point. We can't just substitute those experienced with other that are not involved in raiding or so. The only thing we can do although is to stop/prevent the abuse of GM Commands like .damage, .revive etc

And if we really draw it down on paper it goes something like this: Those that INVESTIGATE are in HIGH EXPERIENCE GUILDS WITH BIG PROGRESS so what's the point in spying on somebody else if their tactic is GOOD?

P.S. The topic will get closed only, AND ONLY, if those that come and post here don't flame it or off-topic it hard enough.

0 0

norbert.pls
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-08-2018 16:58)

Votes: 213

Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 19:37:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As simple as that is, individuals that are willing to take on the role of a game-master should bear the responsibility of not being active in progression guilds. We've already had way too many incidents of gm's acting in favor of certain players and/or guilds; it has to stop.

Electric Warlock Acid Witch
Legion Guide - Destruction Warlock in PVE
Legion Guide - Restoration Shaman in PVE

4 0

alleex

[Master Race]

(since 13-11-2022 12:43)

Votes: 20

Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 20:03:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

norbert.pls wrote:
As simple as that is, individuals that are willing to take on the role of a game-master should bear the responsibility of not being active in progression guilds. We've already had way too many incidents of gm's acting in favor of certain players and/or guilds; it has to stop.

Don't forget about abusing the exploits repeatedly.

0 0

Daisi

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-08-2021 09:04)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 20:40:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Let's say having a GM in the guild may not represent a very big advantage in terms of game-breaking matters. But consider this example : you don't get loot from a boss , a player who doesn't know a GM or doesn't have a GM in the guild has to make a post or ticket and wait days for it etc. A player who has a GM in the guild can just whisper him and say he didn't get loot for the boss and it gets resolved in 5 mins.

This may not be a big advantage but it still is an advantage.

1 0

Vagician

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 20:51:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well, I give you an example: Trust me I was in a guild and we struggled at Durumu on heroic mode in Throne of Thunder patch. We had a GM in the guild (I won't give his name) and we sent him to spy other guilds to see the tactic that they were using. These things are hidden from world eyes but they exist and we must do something about this. Now I hope you all get the point.
0 0

sergy

[The Druid]

(since 09-10-2020 17:17)

Votes: 16

Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 20:58:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

what's the big deal anyway? the tactics are open to everyone, how to beat a boss is not a "secret", and high progress guilds may use small exploits to defeat bosses, which i encourage spying on. Although it's not really spying, is more like "investigating". Also, why not to share all our tactics? It's not a competition after all -

the only advantage is see is that when a boss bugs, either from script or loot, the GM will be right there, but other people have to wait much time

eu rogue monk demon hunter
0 0

Vagician

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 08-12-2016, 21:01:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Actually is a really big competition between guilds. I think this "spy" can make difference between first and second guild etc. It's good to spy and solve exploits but is not ok to spy to help your guild progress.
1 0

hujulikes

[STAR]

(since 04-09-2022 15:35)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 09-12-2016, 00:23:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ashcool wrote:
Greetings,

As a former GM on Freakz who was part of a very competitive high-end PvE guild, even tho I myself rarely did raids since I was engaged with GM stuff rather then raiding I can assure you that there's no such thing as unfair advantage. There aren't ANY staff members that share raid setups/strategies or ANY other secret content with they're guildmates. Not to mention that SoO is few years old content and all strategies/setups are already discovered.

Cheers, Ash.

And why when we had a GM on playchar he moved to GM account and looked at other guild tactic and shared with us?The best solution is to select someone trustworthy , someone with high activity , someone that is neutral to every guild/faction and you can put him to spy every guild.
Ash , remember Durumu's maze? Yeah that maze that is fking easy on retail , the same maze that hold our guild 2 weeks from progressing , that gm told us where was the weak spot (weak spot found by other guilds).

Last edited by hujulikes on 09-12-2016, 14:19:50; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Vagician

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-12-2016, 00:24:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

+1 hujulikes

On-topic: I share the same mind with huju.

0 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 09-12-2016, 09:06:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

alleex wrote:
norbert.pls wrote:

Don't forget about abusing the exploits repeatedly.

GM bashing topic or first post related topic much? Stick to the point

Retired

0 0

hujulikes

[STAR]

(since 04-09-2022 15:35)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 09-12-2016, 14:47:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

sergy wrote:
what's the big deal anyway? the tactics are open to everyone, how to beat a boss is not a "secret", and high progress guilds may use small exploits to defeat bosses, which i encourage spying on. Although it's not really spying, is more like "investigating". Also, why not to share all our tactics? It's not a competition after all -

the only advantage is see is that when a boss bugs, either from script or loot, the GM will be right there, but other people have to wait much time

The big deal is that it's not fair-play , and sergy i will give you some examples
Let's say that the race for realm first will begin and guild x and y are preparing for bosses.
Guild X discovered that if everyone will run near a pack of trash and die near the boss and use an shaman ankh to mass ress everyone they will get a better result then clear that pack of trash.
Guild Y have a "gm" that will do everything for his guild , that gm will try to spy on other guilds like it was done various times (i.e Sha of Fear race)
Guild Y will adapt to the tactic discovered by the guild X and that isn't a fair-play method.

Now sergy , i can give you an example of fair-play:
Guild X made world first @Will of the Emperor but guild Y&Z didn't managed to kill him.
The players from Guild X are forbidden to share any tactic,video kill or anything else with those guilds until 4 guilds will kill that boss
This is an example of fair-play between guilds and on blizz , the competition is higher then here but they still respect the fair-play.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 12 December 2016 21:06

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 28-03-2024, 19:49:01
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x