User
Pass
2FA

[General] Charge effects vs push effects

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message977
Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

(since 18-01-2022 12:25)

Votes: 140

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 27-05-2019, 23:03:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link:
Charge/Moving forward effects:
Charge, Death from Above, Intercept, Gust of Wind, Disengage, Rocket Jump, Wild Charge, Skull Bash, Roll, Flying Serpent Kick, Fel Rush

VS

Push effects:
Thunderstorm. Sundering, Sticky Bomb, Leap of Faith, Slicing Tornado, Shattering Star, Echoing Anguish, Soul Eruption, Unstable Soul, Dark Mark, Rain of the Destroyer, Rupturing Singularity

Bug description: All the charge and moving forward effects cause to crash the game when are interacting with any push effect.

Proof: Here is a ss from raid with the error and Death from Above interacting with Slicing Tornado

*Please note: I didn't manage to add all the spells from the game.
**This is an annoying bug.

Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Protection Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Holy Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5

3 0

CyberKing

[the Ripper]

(since 03-03-2024 19:43)

Votes: 15

Post Posted: 27-05-2019, 23:14:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since I have raided for a long time I can fully confirm that all of the spells from above cause a crash when interacting with push effects. Most notable is the Slicing Tornado from Mistress combo. But the exact reason is unknown why the crash occurs.
So yes confirmed.

Getting an exact Screenshot when this occurs is a bit hard since you crash.Will try to get proof in the morning.

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true."

Last edited by CyberKing on 27-05-2019, 23:17:39; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Ayro

[Jobless]

(since 18-01-2023 22:31)

Votes: 33

Post Posted: 27-05-2019, 23:19:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

CyberKing wrote:
Since I have raided for a long time I can fully confirm that all of the spells from above cause a crash when interacting with push effects. Most notable is the Slicing Tornado from Mistress combo. But the exact reason is unknown why the crash occurs.
So yes confirmed.

Getting an exact Screenshot when this occurs is a bit impossible since you crash.

Flashmoo wrote:
WoW Freakz spell link:
Charge/Moving forward effects:
Charge, Death from Above, Intercept, Gust of Wind, Disengage, Rocket Jump, Wild Charge, Skull Bash, Roll, Flying Serpent Kick, Fel Rush

VS

Push effects:
Thunderstorm. Sundering, Sticky Bomb, Leap of Faith, Slicing Tornado, Shattering Star, Echoing Anguish, Soul Eruption, Unstable Soul, Dark Mark, Rain of the Destroyer, Rupturing Singularity

Bug description: All the charge and moving forward effects cause to crash the game when are interacting with any push effect.

Proof: Here is a ss from raid with the error and Death from Above interacting with Slicing Tornado

*Please note: I didn't manage to add all the spells from the game.
**This is an annoying bug.

I will test this tomorrow and come up with proof.
It's happening since Emerald Nightmare - Elerethe. I believe it was fixed at some point.

We all pay eventually
0 0

Ayro

[Jobless]

Post Posted: 28-05-2019, 11:28:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

First Update: The crash does not happen while being outside combat or while doing PvP.
Proof: Imgur Link

We've tested Charge vs Typhoon (push effect).

I will update this post later on with a PvE test vs the very same boss you have mentioned here.

Second Update: You don't get a crash using Disengage or Charge while being affected by Slicing Tornado.

Proof: Imgur Link

The tremendous amount of spells you have mentioned here do not have the same interaction you outlined with Death from Above.
Come with proof that the other spells are also causing a crash.

We all pay eventually

Last edited by Ayro on 28-05-2019, 12:10:22; edited 4 times in total
0 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

(since 18-01-2022 12:25)

Votes: 140

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 28-05-2019, 12:40:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since I've seen it multiple times, I've considered that is a general bug.

Could you please try to do another test with Disengage or other charge effects vs Tangled Web ?

Update:
Here is a list when I got the crash based on my experience:
Death from Above vs Slicing Tornado
Death from Above vs Echoing Anguish
Disengage vs Tangled Web
Wild Charge vs Tangled Web
Charge vs Infernal Burning

Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Protection Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Holy Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5

Last edited by Flashmoo on 28-05-2019, 15:00:07; edited 3 times in total
0 0

lulbolt

[Mentally Stable]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 29-05-2019, 12:13:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Disengage does crash the raid when used while being ejected into the air by a tornado. Also in pvp instances, if someone is death gripped into a monk’s ring of peace, it also crashes everyone in the area

1 0

Ayro

[Jobless]

Post Posted: 29-05-2019, 14:11:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Flashmoo wrote:
Since I've seen it multiple times, I've considered that is a general bug.

Could you please try to do another test with Disengage or other charge effects vs Tangled Web ?

Update:
Here is a list when I got the crash based on my experience:
Death from Above vs Slicing Tornado
Death from Above vs Echoing Anguish
Disengage vs Tangled Web
Wild Charge vs Tangled Web
Charge vs Infernal Burning

lulbolt wrote:
Disengage does crash the raid when used while being ejected into the air by a tornado. Also in pvp instances, if someone is death gripped into a monk’s ring of peace, it also crashes everyone in the area

Please bring proof of getting a crash while using one of those abilities vs a boss push effect..

We have tested Disengage and Charge vs Slicing Tornado yesterday and it didn't seem to crash our raid group. Perhaps it only happens on live?

Anyhow we will need proof or an exact way to reproduce those crashes. It might not be the Disengage that crashes the instance but a different interaction.

We will test Death from Above vs Slicing Tornado today, I'll come with an update.

We all pay eventually

Last edited by Ayro on 29-05-2019, 14:13:37; edited 1 time in total
1 0

lulbolt

[Mentally Stable]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 30-05-2019, 15:26:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
Perhaps it only happens on live?

bling bling bling, points for everybody

2 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by skilzz139, 31 May 2019 11:07

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 18-04-2024, 21:33:18
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x