User
Pass
2FA

Golden Lotus

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1960
algebrata

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-10-2016 02:48)

Post Posted: 26-08-2016, 03:11:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Golden lotus was a cornerstone mat of MOP. With this we could create the best gems in alchemy and the best flasks. But, we don't have the farm at halfhill by which to reasonably, reliably create them so both alchemy and JC suffers. You can see the results of this in our unstable economy.

from wowhead http://www.wowhead.com/item=85216/enigma-seed#comments:

By Luneward (724 – 3) on 2013/03/07 (Patch 5.2.0)
For more confirmation, here are the yield numbers I have been tracking over the past two weeks. Note that yields of golden lotus and standard herbs seem to have not been affected by patch 5.2. I didn't attempt to track the yield of the normal herbs since my intent was merely to determine golden lotus spawn rate.

Total number of plots: 920
Golden Lotus Plots: 273
Normal Plots: 647

Golden Lotus rate: 29.7%
With this size of sample, the error rate is +/- 3%. The last day or two had fairly high rates, so I'm guessing it is closer to 27-28% overall rate. I did not include the extra golden lotus from the normal herbs in this, but I'm guessing it is somewhere from 2-4% droprate on these (probably close to what you would get from normal herbing)

Just an an interesting side breakdown on the frequency of lotus per garden out of 57 herb gardens:
0 lotus: None
1 lotus: 4 (7%)
2 lotus: 2 (3.5%)
3 lotus: 9 (15.8%)
4 lotus: 13 (22.8%)
5 lotus: 14 (24.6%)
6 lotus: 6 (10.5%)
7 lotus: 3 (5.3%)
8 lotus: 3 (5.3%)
9 lotus: 3 (5.3%)

So from my sample, there was a 63% chance of getting 3, 4, or 5 lotus, and about a 10.5% chance of getting less than three.

Basically in summation: You will get close to half again the yield of golden lotus than if you would have just planted songbells.

We need to institute a way by which to reasonably acquire golden lotus, short of making the farm at halfhill work. I suggest drastically upping the random proc rate by which herbalists can gather golden lotus from other plant nodes. The proc rate should reflect the ability to leisurely farm at halfhill and a standard herb gatherer's pass through their nodes. So something in the area of a 4% chance to get a golden lotus off any herb in pandaria would reasonably reflect the availbility of golden lotus in retail MOP.

The lack of golden lotus in this economy is hindering a healthy, stable foundation.

0 0

Frostfang

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-10-2021 12:41)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 26-08-2016, 07:53:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You can obtain Golden Lotuses at Spirits of Harmony vendor. If im not mistaken 1 spirit = 2 lotuses. Spirits are easily farmed in LFRs, in my opinion too easy.

"But what about PvP players, they dont do LFRs" someone will say, well, they can still buy flasks and sell products of some other profession.

Guardian Druid Tanking Guide

0 0

alex21112

[The Peacemaker]

(since 29-09-2020 09:04)

Votes: 38

Post Posted: 26-08-2016, 14:15:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well from ky experience with farming plants for potions i got these numbers:Per 108-140 stacks of plants you can get about 1 or 2 stacks of golden lotuses just from picking anyplant from pandaria.So from about a 2-4 hour farming session while listening to music you can get an maximum of 2 stacks.If you are lucky and stumble on golden lotus spawns you can get more but i only know about 2-4 spawns per each zone of Pandaria so that can't be called solution for the lack of lotuses.I took a peek on the object finder and there are about only 30 spawns on the whole continent from which,if you are lucky to get them all,you can aquire only 40-60 lotuses.

0 0

algebrata

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-10-2016 02:48)

Post Posted: 26-08-2016, 14:40:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There are currently SIX total golden lotus for sale in AH. six. As you'll recall in retail there were pages of stacks of golden lotus for sale at any given time. This is the current amount of golden lotus available on my old retail realm Shu'halo.
https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/shuhalo/item/72238

219. 219 golden lotus selling for a mat from the previous xpac that isnt even relevant.

When golden lotus are ABUNDANT as they should be the AH will be filled with stacks of flasks, not individual flasks selling for 500g each, which is the current situation. Yes there are about 10 stacks of 20 flasks in AH. There should be pages of them.

Because there are very few golden lotus, there are very few primal diamonds and there are zero stacks of uncut premium gems. Each Diamond might have 4-6 each represented in AH at our hyper inflated costs. And the other premium gems uncut? Look at primal rubies as an example. There are currently 2 uncut primal rubies for sale. TWO! ha. There should be stacks.

The rarity of golden lotus has a trickle down effect. There is very little in the way of healthy competition, there is no abundance of key mats that generates healthy competition.

The absence of the farm at halfhill needs to be addressed in order to stabilize this economy.

0 0

alex21112

[The Peacemaker]

(since 29-09-2020 09:04)

Votes: 38

Post Posted: 26-08-2016, 22:26:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

^ by farm you refer to this? https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Plants-Harvesting-t416707.html

0 0

Evydence

[僧]

(since 15-10-2019 19:05)

Votes: 176

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 26-08-2016, 23:36:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yes and on retail there were 100x time our population on one of their server, spawns are good, I found by myself 20 spawn points, and I don't farm them because I can easily get spirit of harmony and bang, there is nothing to improve with Golden Lotus spawn/number/locations/etc

If you gonna hit the king you're better kill the king

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Evydence, 26 August 2016 21:36

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 05-05-2024, 05:48:14
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x