User
Pass
2FA

Help with the guide to play Legion on Mac os X.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message2427
Dannysz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-11-2018 03:54)

Post Posted: 27-10-2018, 06:01:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I occupy a help with some steps that I have to follow to be able to play Legion on Mac, what happens is that I could do all the steps well, except these two that I did not understand very well what is going on;

Step Six - Install Windows Programs using Wine
Once you are in the correct directory, run the installer through Wine by running the following command in the Terminal:
Code:
wine $INSTALLER.exe

Where $INSTALLER is the name of the installer file. For example, if the installer file is named setup.exe, you would run:
Code:
wine setup.exe

XQuartz will open (if it isn't already), and soon you will see a regular graphical Windows installer. Click through it, and you're done!

Step Seven - Run Windows Programs using Wine
Open up the Terminal and run this to get to your Program Files folder:
Code:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\\ Files/

Run ls to see what programs you have installed. Pick a program, and enter its directory using cd. (If the folder has a space in it, you must type a \\ before the space. For example, Program\\ Files. If you're having problems, try using tab autocomplete.) There should be a file that ends in .exe: this is the program file. Type this into Terminal:
Code:
wine $PROGRAM.exe

What exactly do I have to write in the command console?.

Helpme plz, very much thanks.

0 0

Irediel

[Lonely]

(since 03-11-2020 13:19)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 27-10-2018, 16:08:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings, Dannysz!

So, after carefully looking at these few steps and going back to another person I helped a while back, we actually skipped these steps as they are outdated.
Skip step six and go straight to step seven.

In step seven you have to help locate your directory.
In your terminal, you should run the code; cd ~/.wine/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/WoW_Legion_torrent

Of course, the path directory that you input after "cd ~/.wine changes depending on where the folder with our files is located.
To find the directory of which you need, select the file or folder in the OS X Finder, then hit Command+i to summon Get Info.
Click and drag alongside “Where” to select the path, then hit Command+C to copy the full path to the clipboard.

So you need to open up the location of where our files are, click on "launcher_freakz.exe" and press "Command+i".

After you get into the correct directory in your terminal, you should run the code; wine launcher_freakz.exe

If you need more assistance, simply reply back on this topic, and I'll be around.

Best of luck,

Irediel

Normality is a paved road: It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.
0 0

Dannysz

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-10-2018, 20:07:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Irediel wrote:
Greetings, Dannysz!

So, after carefully looking at these few steps and going back to another person I helped a while back, we actually skipped these steps as they are outdated.
Skip step six and go straight to step seven.

In step seven you have to help locate your directory.
In your terminal, you should run the code; cd ~/.wine/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/WoW_Legion_torrent

Of course, the path directory that you input after "cd ~/.wine changes depending on where the folder with our files is located.
To find the directory of which you need, select the file or folder in the OS X Finder, then hit Command+i to summon Get Info.
Click and drag alongside “Where” to select the path, then hit Command+C to copy the full path to the clipboard.

So you need to open up the location of where our files are, click on "launcher_freakz.exe" and press "Command+i".

After you get into the correct directory in your terminal, you should run the code; wine launcher_freakz.exe

If you need more assistance, simply reply back on this topic, and I'll be around.

Best of luck,

Irediel

Well, I have a problem when starting the section with the launcher in mac, it turns out that you have already loaded the game, but I have to put my user and password I get the following; you have been disconnected (BLZ51901021).

any solution?. thanks. Very much thanks.

0 0

Irediel

[Lonely]

Post Posted: 27-10-2018, 23:30:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,

So this usually means a connection cannot be established to our login realms.
Possible causes:
1. Your firewall is blocking connections, deactivate it
2. You are behind a router and your ports are blocked. The easiest way to avoid this is to set your computer as a DMZ zone (demilitarized zone). How to do this depends on your router, google enable DMZ YOUR_ROUTER_NAME. If you can't do that but you know how to unblock ports, check the next step
3. If you are in a public network with ports blocked and no access to the router you will have to contact your network administrator and tell him to unblock the following TCP ports: 1111-1119, 1129, 8001-8009, 8019, 8085, 8086

Check this; https://forum.wow-freakz.com/WoW-Legion-client-t452441.html for more information.

Kind regards,

Irediel

0 0

Dannysz

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-10-2018, 23:43:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Irediel wrote:
Hi,

So this usually means a connection cannot be established to our login realms.
Possible causes:
1. Your firewall is blocking connections, deactivate it
2. You are behind a router and your ports are blocked. The easiest way to avoid this is to set your computer as a DMZ zone (demilitarized zone). How to do this depends on your router, google enable DMZ YOUR_ROUTER_NAME. If you can't do that but you know how to unblock ports, check the next step
3. If you are in a public network with ports blocked and no access to the router you will have to contact your network administrator and tell him to unblock the following TCP ports: 1111-1119, 1129, 8001-8009, 8019, 8085, 8086

Check this; https://forum.wow-freakz.com/WoW-Legion-client-t452441.html for more information.

Kind regards,

Irediel

I already did those steps, what I did was to enter the configuration page of my Router and there activate the DMZ, disable the Firewall and activate the ports, and no, follow the same error.

0 0

Irediel

[Lonely]

Post Posted: 27-10-2018, 23:44:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hmm, okay.

Try reading through this post, Danny.

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/More-solutions-for-login-problems-t519529.html

Regards,

Irediel

0 0

Dannysz

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-10-2018, 23:57:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Irediel wrote:
Hmm, okay.

Try reading through this post, Danny.

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/More-solutions-for-login-problems-t519529.html

Regards,

Irediel

Can not you give me another solution ?, I've already tried many things, I'm desperate to play, please.

0 0

Irediel

[Lonely]

Post Posted: 28-10-2018, 00:01:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You could try using a VPN, but no guarantees it'll work.

Best of luck,

Irediel

0 0

Dannysz

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-10-2018, 02:11:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Irediel wrote:
You could try using a VPN, but no guarantees it'll work.

Best of luck,

Irediel

A friend told me to erase the Ffreakz Archive, I did it and apparently it starts well, but it gets stuck in connected, I left it there 15 minutes and nothing

0 0

Jepalf

[Mentally Stable]

(since 31-08-2019 19:24)

Post Posted: 05-12-2018, 19:44:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Have you thought about installing Bootcamp ? It makes windows run on a Mac like a normal PC.

0 0

palosipetya

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-09-2023 07:15)

Post Posted: 05-11-2019, 15:00:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

With MacOS Catalina coming out, I can no longer play freakz on my mac. Catalina blocks the usage of 32 bit apps on it's platforms, so in other words wine is gone. Any suggestions ? Using VMs (VirtualBox, Parallels, VM Fusion) or using other operations systems seems a bit complicated tbh. , even running an older version of MacOS is complicated. If you could help me out in any way I would be extremely grateful.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 25-04-2024, 12:19:05
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x