User
Pass
2FA

How to determine the cause of an Error #132 crash through the crashlog file

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Launcher / Client
Show only staff posts
Author Message1958
Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 27-10-2020, 11:56:14 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello dear reader,

Below I will explain how to determine which application / file is the reason that your WoW client is crashing with an "Error #132" message, usually looking like this:

Spoiler:

NOTE: This guide is made for WoW Freakz on patch 9.1.5 - a lot of this can be applied to any client version and server, but this guide will specifically include our Freakz launcher.

Error #132 crashes are in most cases caused by:

- A client-server miscommunication (being out of sync, or receiving a different answer than expected - most common occurance for this are corrupt ingame groups)
- A permission and/or access issue with our launcher (A .dll file missing, being damaged or being blocked by an anti-virus, in odd cases they may be opened by another third party program)
- Graphics card driver issues

Luckily, the crashlog file (found in our WoW folder -> Errors sub-folder) will tell us which file exactly has caused the game to crash, this will greatly help to determine the source of the issue.

Now at first glance, when you open a crashlog text file, you will be overwhelmed by a massive text file full of technical shenanigans which most likely tell you nothing at all. (I know they don't tell me much for sure - )

HOWEVER, we are mainly interested in something rather simple: The so-called "instruction" and its referenced memory which could not be read:

Spoiler:

As you can see, the number of the first entry in the Exception Assertion matches the number on our "instruction" mentioned earlier - that means that this is the file which is causing the problem, in this case it's the WoW executable itself.

So, now that we know how to determine the source of a crash, what can we do about them?

For crashes caused by the WoW executable (freakz_915.exe):

In most cases this is resolved by either deleting the Cache folder or by unstucking the character on the website. If you want to be safe, just do both.

Should it not be resolved after that and the issue started to occur after a sudden disconnect or server crash (especially if using the download-while-playing client) re-download the launcher which includes a fresh and working executable.

For crashes caused by launcher_freakz.dll:

Most commonly the cause is that the launcher is being blocked and/or quarantined by an anti-virus, due to it being detected as a threat. (Windows Defender does this, as do most other anti virus softwares) Check your anti virus settings and/or history, revert the action taken against the launcher and allow (whitelist) it. If in worst case the files have been deleted or damaged, redownload the launcher.

It could also be that the launcher is already running, or a third party program opened it for any reason (for example for a scan). First thing to do in this case is to open your Task Manager, check if the launcher is already running. If yes, close it. If no, check any programs you have running which might be using the launcher. It can be Windows Explorer but it could also be security software - try closing them. If it still doesn't work then attempt to restart your PC and/or redownload the launcher.

For crashes caused by graphics drivers (most of these .dll files start with "nv" for Nvidia cards)

Update your graphics drivers. If it still crashes with the same file afterwards, try a complete re-install of the drivers, by first uninstalling them, then re-installing the latest version.

I hope this will help you identifying the causes for your crashes in the future!

Best regards
Sarah

Last edited by Sarah on 07-05-2022, 14:55:45; edited 14 times in total
7 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Sarah, 10 December 2020 12:35

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Launcher / Client  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 17:47:07
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x