User
Pass
2FA

Interview with a staff member #4 - Sarah
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Announcements / Server info -> Old Events
Show only staff posts
Author Message2602
banjerinos

[Professional racist]

(since 20-11-2022 09:53)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 22-05-2021, 18:42:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

most fun class?
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-05-2021, 22:33:26 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Q: Have you ever been Game Master/Community Manager/Customer support, before you got into Freakz's staff?
A: I have been a Forum Mod / Chat / Discord Mod in multiple gaming communities. Also been an admin of a Counter-Strike:Source server many years ago, not for long tho, the server shutdown after ~2 months. It was more of a fun server by young people, nothing serious.

Q: What would you have changed for Freakz if you were a couple of years earlier as a Head GM?
A: I would've tried to push for Freakz to go the international route MUCH sooner than it ultimately did. Also, I would've pushed for the recent-ish customer service revision (Customer Support staff being more friendly and personal with players) much sooner. I feel like these two changes are very welcomes by the community, but they happened way too late!

Q: Do you like turtles
A: I mean.. sure? Nothing wrong with them, but I don't really have any noteworthy ties to them either. Never had any as pets, don't personally know any turtles either.. but I guess they're fine!

Q: what is the most beautifull transmog on warrior orc, in your opinion?
A: I don't feel like Orc Warriors are really meant to be "beautiful", they're more going the "cool" route. I really like the Blackhand-lookalike set from the first tier of WoD. (Blackrock Foundry maybe)

Q: Can you solve this?
A: Well, that's a copy-pasted image, not an actually captcha, so I'm afraid that I can't!

Q: What is the most unusual fear you have?
A: I'm not sure if this qualifies as "unusual", but I'm always TERRIFIED of losing people close to me. It's so bad in fact that I usually don't even let people get close to me, purely out of fear of eventually losing them later. I'm extremely insecure, I always feel like someone would abandon me for the tiniest mistake I make... so maybe it's better to simply be alone in the first place?

Q: Which are some of your other hobbies? (Excluding WoW and ducks/giraffes)
A: Swimming is nice! And while I wouldn't necessarrily call it a "hobby", I spend a lot of time with my dog. I also like writing (mainly fantasy fiction) - although I never actually released anything I've written. It mainly serves as a way to cope with my emotions. As a shut in introvert who hardly ever talks to anyone about anything, I needed an alternative, and eventually discovered that writing can really help me with getting over troubling thoughts and/or emotions.

Q: Why do you like ducks?
A: I often used to feed them as a child, when being out in the town / nearby city with my parents. There are several ponds nearby which have ducks residing in them - I guess this habit remained. I still do it nowadays, although on my own now, no longer with parents.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know this: Please DO NOT feed ducks bread. It is BAD and DANGEROUS for their health. Use something like seeds instead, it's healthy and less harmful to the envirionment!

Q: Tell me a secret?

A: When I can't have the name Sarah somewhere, I usually go by my nickname, Altezia. This name is something I've made up, and while it sounds very original, it's actually based off of the first three letters of Assassin's Creed's first two protagnists, ALTair and EZIo. The a at the end was added to make it sound female.

Q: duck or giraffe?
A: Duck, easily. I share a lot more memories and fond moments with ducks, than I do with giraffes. The giraffes are more of a meme born here on WoW Freakz, while the ducks and I share a connection from since I was a child, it just can't compare!

Q: What do you like about this community and what keeps you motivated to do your job as Head GM
A: To be fair, this is my first time ever being actively involved with a community for as long as I have here. I tend to be more of a passive person who lurks around in the shadows instead of actively having a major role. I have seen people come and go (and come back! Cause you know, none can escape!) and it has been one exciting and wild ride (which will hopefully continue for a long time to come)! I have met and befriended many people, both from the staff and from the playerbase, and there's never been a moment where I didn't feel like I wasn't still a part of the community - despite my gradual increase of rank and authority over the 3 years I've been here.

As for what's keeping me motivated? Well, that's easy. I like to see my fellow staff members, as well as our players, happy. There's nothing better than some kind words of a happy player when I myself, or someone from our staff, have helped them out by answering their question or solving their problem. As a Head GM I feel like it is my responsbility to ensure that the rest of the customer support staff is always capable and prepared for most questions/problems that a player might have in order to provide the best possible assistance.

Q: What's your favourite/best moment on freakz?
A: As chaotic and messy as it was, I'll have to say 7.2.5 launch day(s). Back then I was just a Helper on the Discord server, and since the launch happened during the Christmas holidays, we were severely understaffed. I've been working for 16+ hours straight on several days just to somehow try to provide customer support for players to the best of my ability. Of course I absolutely wasn't able to handle all the demands, but I've tried my best. It was both a terrifyingly stressful but also an educational experience for me as a customer service representative.

Q: Whats your body count 😎
A: I mean... this term can have several meanings.

I've not murdered anyone, so in that sense the number's zero. (Let's hope it remains that way!)

Ban/Mute wise on WoW Freakz I've hammered 97 people thus far ingame.

As for the sexual meaning.. none of your business!

Q: What is the first game you played on PC? What is your 2nd favorite mmorpg (assuming wow is 1st)?
A: I'm not exactly sure what my very first PC game was, I've started playing games, both on consoles (good old Super Nintendo..) and PC very early, though at first only when supervised by my parents. The first PC game I've been REALLY passionate about is Lionhead Studio's god-simulation Black & White from the year 2001. It's something I've played for countless hours, as a child, and I constantly keep coming back to the game to this day. While the graphics suck by modern standards, the game itself is very unstable and filled with bugs, it still has that charme of nostalgia for me - I hope that I'll be able to continue revisiting it for many years!

As for my 2nd favorite MMORPG, that would have to be Silkroad Online, a free2play Asian - extremely grindy - MMORPG. It doesn't come anywhere near as close as WoW does for me, though. Sure I've played it a "lot", but really, it's a comparison of several thousand hours (WoW) against a couple hundred hours (Silkroad).

Q: most fun class?
A: For me that depends on the expansion / patch. I've never really been loyal to one class. I'm someone who tends to have countless alts in every expansion, I genuinely like playing a lot of classes.

For an overall top favorite, I would say Blood Death Knight, across all expansions that's what I've played and mained the most and have the most /played time on.

As for each individual expansion (I started playing in WotLK), this is what I have mained:

WotLK: Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin
Cataclysm: Blood DK
MoP: Blood DK, Arms Warrior
WoD: Disc Priest
Legion: Blood/Frost DK, Assa Rogue
BFA: Fury Warrior

7 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Sarah, 22 May 2021 18:09

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Announcements / Server info -> Old Events  
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

The time now is 24-04-2024, 17:52:13
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x