User
Pass
2FA

[DUPLICATE] [Item][Donated]Random stats on trinkets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message2689
Zoomax

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-09-2019 08:24)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 05-02-2018, 22:56:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz item link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/item_finder.php?item=142506&&name=eye-of-guarm
Bug description: As a donator any trinket with random stats (for example Eye of Guarm) you can choose what stats do you want on them . For example a 925 ilvl eye of guarm can give you 2.6k agility(normal) and 2k crit(not normal) . You can have a maximum of 1.1k stats of 1 stat (for example mastery) and the rest has to be something else .
Proof: On ask mr.robot :

On freakz :

4 0

Labush
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 13-10-2018 12:05)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 01:45:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not sure if it's intentional, but I'm sure they want the Eye of Guarm to have higher stats so people would donate for it. Just an assumption. It's the same deal with PvP items. Their stats are way too high and should be lowered to respect the norms from retail.

"Misdirect dont confirm posts without having any idea about how the spell work or play hunter . Thx !" -- Gladys 2k18 ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?) ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?) ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)
0 0

Zoomax

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 07:59:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Labush wrote:
Not sure if it's intentional, but I'm sure they want the Eye of Guarm to have higher stats so people would donate for it. Just an assumption. It's the same deal with PvP items. Their stats are way too high and should be lowered to respect the norms from retail.

I am not that sure if this applyes to pvp items too . I mean some of them only have 1 stat . Yesterday I got as a reward some pvp legs with only haste after winning a bg so in theory you should be able to get them 925 with only 1 stat .

The main problem is with those stat trinkets (exception arcano crystal) . If you were to look at some rogues that have donated trinkets, most of them have stat trinkets that drop from WQ or from raids .

You might be right with the part "they want it to be that way" but let's be serious . If you want to donate, you donate because you like the server and want to support it right ? It is not fair to get trinkets that other players who can't/don't want to donate . For example if we were to took Eye of Guarm from TOV . As a raider , in theory you can get that item as 925 with a lot of luck . You just need to kill Guarm every week and eventually it will drop but it will have random stats .

I belieave that the only difference between a donated 925 and a dropped 925 should be the stat distribution but in a fair way . It is not fair to give access to only donators to have 2k in a single stat . You either give the chance for all players who kill Guarm , at a titanforge level, to get a 925 2k stat trinket or you don't give to anyoane .

0 0

Labush
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 16:50:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The donators usually have 2 things in mind when donating for the server, and they usually think of the latter one:
1) Contributing to the maintenance of the server
2) Obtaining items that will boost their performance when they can't normally or have a hard time grinding for it.
I'm a donor myself and to be honest, I donated for both these points.

Regarding the items for which I donated, they are BiS for me and will definitely boost my performance in PvE content. While the Eye of Guarm is an exquisite item with very good stats, if you take anoher trinket at the same ilvl, it will have a lower secondary stat, which shouldn't be the case, since retail values are lower than on Freakz. If my assumption is correct, the stats are maintained high, people will donate more just for having this specific item(Rogues).

While the stat distribution should be equal, I agree with Shocker with the fact that donated trinkets should have higher stats. You just have to reward the donors with something more when they allow other players to play for free.

"Misdirect dont confirm posts without having any idea about how the spell work or play hunter . Thx !" -- Gladys 2k18 ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?) ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?) ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)
0 0

Zoomax

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 18:25:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Labush wrote:
The donators usually have 2 things in mind when donating for the server, and they usually think of the latter one:
1) Contributing to the maintenance of the server
2) Obtaining items that will boost their performance when they can't normally or have a hard time grinding for it.
I'm a donor myself and to be honest, I donated for both these points.

Regarding the items for which I donated, they are BiS for me and will definitely boost my performance in PvE content. While the Eye of Guarm is an exquisite item with very good stats, if you take anoher trinket at the same ilvl, it will have a lower secondary stat, which shouldn't be the case, since retail values are lower than on Freakz. If my assumption is correct, the stats are maintained high, people will donate more just for having this specific item(Rogues).

While the stat distribution should be equal, I agree with Shocker with the fact that donated trinkets should have higher stats. You just have to reward the donors with something more when they allow other players to play for free.

I am not saying you should donate only to contribute to the server . I am saying that the stat trinkets give you too much of 1 particular stat . This is the bug that happens now .

Let's take as an example trinkets for Demon Hunters(my main) . We have as BIS trinkets Eye of Command and Arcano Crystal . Eye of Command at ilvl 925 gives us 1.8k at 10 stacks and according to blizz , this is the trinket that give us the most crit (our main stat) . If I were to donate an Eye of Guarm 925 I could get 2k crit which is passive(I don't have to get to 10 stacks and won't reset when I change target) . This is a HUGE boost compared with Eye of Command .

What I am trying to say is that stat trinkets boost more than it should some characters , and my example is a weak one .

I do agree that donators should get rewarded for donating , but they are already . They are getting what items they want with no effort . Isn't that good enough ? I think it is . Why give them the options to get items that others can't ? As a raider I will never get a 925 eye of guarm with 2k crit because the cap is at 1.1k .

0 0

tudor1297

[shefu' la luptatori]

(since 01-02-2020 14:06)

Votes: 250

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 18:55:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

First of all let's be honest, no one donates for the welfare of the server, that's why it's not even called Donation anymore, it's just WoW Shop (it was changed back in cataclysm i think Thinking )

Quote:
You just have to reward the donors with something more when they allow other players to play for free.

But they already are rewarded with FULL 925 BIS ITEMS. Think about it, a regular player could farm for for years and still not get the EXACT items they need with 925 ilvl. It's a huge advantage donors ALREADY have.
This stat thing only breaks the game. People are even giving up their tier bonuses and going for full pvp gear with mastery, because they just get a lot more dps this way. Same story with trinkets, giving up bis trinkets like Convergence of fates or Eye of command for stat trinkets just because they give too many stats. It's not ok, seriously, donated chars deal more damage than players do on blizz 7.3. I mean why not just let them buy auras with dmg increase while at it, would basically be the same thing.

I'm not complaining about donors, I even donated some items myself, and ofc server needs maintenance, developers need to be paid, sho.cker himself needs to get paid because obviously he's not doing all this shit for nothing, nor should he. But if this "bug" is intentionally left alone, this is not ok, it's a custom thing that makes the game unfairly broken. And if it's not intentional, then it should be fixed sooner than later.

[RO]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

[EN]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

4 0

norbert.pls
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-08-2018 16:58)

Votes: 213

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 19:13:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tudor1297 wrote:
First of all let's be honest, no one donates for the welfare of the server, that's why it's not even called Donation anymore, it's just WoW Shop (it was changed back in cataclysm i think Thinking )

Quote:
You just have to reward the donors with something more when they allow other players to play for free.

But they already are rewarded with FULL 925 BIS ITEMS. Think about it, a regular player could farm for for years and still not get the EXACT items they need with 925 ilvl. It's a huge advantage donors ALREADY have.
This stat thing only breaks the game. People are even giving up their tier bonuses and going for full pvp gear with mastery, because they just get a lot more dps this way. Same story with trinkets, giving up bis trinkets like Convergence of fates or Eye of command for stat trinkets just because they give too many stats. It's not ok, seriously, donated chars deal more damage than players do on blizz 7.3. I mean why not just let them buy auras with dmg increase while at it, would basically be the same thing.

I'm not complaining about donors, I even donated some items myself, and ofc server needs maintenance, developers need to be paid, sho.cker himself needs to get paid because obviously he's not doing all this shit for nothing, nor should he. But if this "bug" is intentionally left alone, this is not ok, it's a custom thing that makes the game unfairly broken. And if it's not intentional, then it should be fixed sooner than later.

I completely agree, there's no way someone can compete against players who buy their gear. It was mathematically impossible to obtain all best-in-slot gear on retail, and it still is. This is Legion. The way this gearing system was made was to make people play for something and not get to full gear then quit the game, like in previous expansions. The scaling for the impossible gear is already extremely unbalanced compared to someone who's been playing for really long without purchased gear. Leaving the increased stats which boost the items even more, is a little too much.

Electric Warlock Acid Witch
Legion Guide - Destruction Warlock in PVE
Legion Guide - Restoration Shaman in PVE

1 0

Zoomax

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 19:28:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

norbert.pls wrote:
tudor1297 wrote:

Quote:

I completely agree, there's no way someone can compete against players who buy their gear. It was mathematically impossible to obtain all best-in-slot gear on retail, and it still is. This is Legion. The way this gearing system was made was to make people play for something and not get to full gear then quit the game, like in previous expansions. The scaling for the impossible gear is already extremely unbalanced compared to someone who's been playing for really long without purchased gear. Leaving the increased stats which boost the items even more, is a little too much.

Yo mate let's not get too far with that . In the end we are playing on a private server which has done a lot of good work . The main reason why I created this post was the equality of stats had by donators on some stat trinkets .

What I am trying to say it is fine to have best trinkets in game if you donated but it is not fine it you got a stat trinket and have 2k of 1 stat instead of maximum 1.1k

0 0

Labush
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 20:00:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zoomax wrote:
norbert.pls wrote:
tudor1297 wrote:

Quote:

Yo mate let's not get too far with that . In the end we are playing on a private server which has done a lot of good work . The main reason why I created this post was the equality of stats had by donators on some stat trinkets .

What I am trying to say it is fine to have best trinkets in game if you donated but it is not fine it you got a stat trinket and have 2k of 1 stat instead of maximum 1.1k

I fully agree with what you've said so far. Nothing waa wrong and I'm a true adept of the true equality between Freakz and retail.

Donors are already rewarded with full BiS, the stats shouldn't be increased at all.

1 0

Pinocchio Evreiesc
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-02-2019 13:32)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 06-02-2018, 21:48:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Still dont understand why this debate is necessary and why this issue is not fixed yet, its not blizzlike for stat ratings to be that high on random stat sticks or pvp gear. Donors still have a great advantage from pure ilvl and raw stat (int/agi/str) and they can also choose tertiary stats/socket. I thought this server was supposed to be blizzlike?
1 1

Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 07-02-2018, 08:33:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, first of all try to search for already reported bugs pls.
This is clearly a duplicate from here, were people already analyzed the problem: https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Item-Items-with-Random-Stats-IMPORTANT-t486912.html

There is nothing like donated gear with more stats than items ingame. If you go into tov and drop your guarm trinket with lucky 925ilvl you also have the same stats on it as a donated 925 eye. Why should there be an extra donated version in the database? It's simply a bug with random enchanted items.

I couldn't get any confirmation on my report to it yet, but i think the reason for this is the stat-range an item can have.
For example you can have 500-1000k crit and 500-1000k mastery. Means if you roll 1k for crit you automatically get 500k for mastery (so the total stat weight stays the same).
But on freakz it will give you highest roll on both stats. (in 1 stat this both are combined) This is just my assumption how this is happening.

Something that me personally bothers me is the difference of this "bugged" pvp items vs pve bis gear. With my donation some time ago i wanted a bis pve character but i got a pseudo bis version which is still overpowered by pvp/pve mixed chars. There is not a single reason for pvp gear to be better in pve content and people should not be forced to donate it for "real" bis.

0 0

Zoomax

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-02-2018, 08:32:48 [Bad post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Elvenking wrote:
Hello, first of all try to search for already reported bugs pls.
This is clearly a duplicate from here, were people already analyzed the problem: https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Item-Items-with-Random-Stats-IMPORTANT-t486912.html

There is nothing like donated gear with more stats than items ingame. If you go into tov and drop your guarm trinket with lucky 925ilvl you also have the same stats on it as a donated 925 eye. Why should there be an extra donated version in the database? It's simply a bug with random enchanted items.

I couldn't get any confirmation on my report to it yet, but i think the reason for this is the stat-range an item can have.
For example you can have 500-1000k crit and 500-1000k mastery. Means if you roll 1k for crit you automatically get 500k for mastery (so the total stat weight stays the same).
But on freakz it will give you highest roll on both stats. (in 1 stat this both are combined) This is just my assumption how this is happening.

Something that me personally bothers me is the difference of this "bugged" pvp items vs pve bis gear. With my donation some time ago i wanted a bis pve character but i got a pseudo bis version which is still overpowered by pvp/pve mixed chars. There is not a single reason for pvp gear to be better in pve content and people should not be forced to donate it for "real" bis.

Yes, I've know before that this post is a repost but if you look at the old posts, they are abandoned . No one talks there and I want to make this happen .

As I said , I BELIEAVE (not 100% sure) you can get 925 ilvl PVP items with 1 stat . I am saying that because a few days ago I got a 845 pants with only mastery I belieave ? You can check my armory profile and look for the date 05/02/2018 - 10:45 pm . So in theory I had a very very small chance to get a 925 with only mastery .

But that's not the main of the topic . I made this because stat trinkets are broken for donators and some classes deal more dmg than it should . I am 100% sure that my case as a Demon Hunter applyes to other classes as well (I mentioned it in a post before) .

0 1

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 16 February 2018 23:25

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 28-04-2024, 12:09:05
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x